TSB Tool Supreme Feature Request: Attribute Comparison Grid

sois

Hi guys, I don't know if this is cool to post a feature request, but I think this might be an awesome element that might not be too hard to program.

Would it be possible to have a section of checkboxes listing all of the positions and then a drop down for the stat you wish to compare? This way you could select, for example, RS for all DL and LB. It would have a grid with the player's name, team and RS each in a column, sorted descending and editable. That way you can compare players easily against each other.

Then maybe a table to the right of the grid of how many 75, 69, 63... etc RS guys you have, what % of the rom that is, how many 75, 69, 63 ... etc RS guys the original had and what % of the rom that was. Maybe have an option to select which rom you would like to use as your benchmark. I guess you could make the whole benchmark rom optional as well, just in case some people want to just wing it with their own values.

I like the feel of the original rom so much, I don't trust my own rating abilities. But if I had a distribution curve to use as a model, I could easily make the game play correctly. Also, this would help in seeing who you ranked higher than others.

Thanks!

This would be useful.

There was actually a roster spreadsheet floating around here somewhere (created by Jeid) that was basically an Excel sheet, sorted by position, that pulled into a file that you could paste into Tool. It made it really easy to update and sort player attributes without having to use Tool.

I was working on an updated version, then my laptop crashed....

EDIT: I found the original version. Check it out. As you update the attributes on the QB, RB, WR....tabs, the data in the TSBTool tab changes. You can then simple copy and paste the TSBTool tab into TSBTool Supreme. Just make sure you sort the tabs appropriately or the teams will input all jumbled.

TSB Roster Spreadsheet.xls

Bodom, I am blown away by how awesome this is. Amazing!

One question, on the Team Data tab, I see there are letters among the number ranks. On the Tool itself, it goes 1-15. What is the reason for this? Can I use 1-15 on the spreadsheet?

Bodom, I am blown away by how awesome this is. Amazing!

One questions, on the Team Data tab, I see there are letters among the number ranks. On the Tool itself, it goes 1-15. What is the reason for this? Can I use 1-15 on the spreadsheet?

I'd love to take credit for this, but it was created by Jeid1 and was first posted on the site by MGK for his coaching rom. I was pretty blown away too!

You can't use 10-15. Those more familiar with hex and computer lingo can give you a better explanation, but the game reads 1-9, a-f.

a = 10

b = 11

c = 12

d = 13

e = 14

f = 15

The spreadsheets converts the letters to numbers so you can see what teams you have rated the best/worst by sorting the OVERALL column. Just don't forget to sort by the SORT column on the left before copying into tool or the numbers will go to the wrong team. Actually, this 1 tab was my creation. I was working on a few other tabs (sim data, team uniforms, playbooks) before my laptop crashed and lost my work.

Is this still required: BUF QB1 GETS MESSED UP AFTER FIRST APPLY - RE-OPEN AND REAPPLY - DON’T FORGET TO EDIT SIM DATA!

It gave me an error about an orphaned row. Maybe it's fixed now?

I actually never had an issue with that. Not sure why it was put in. Wonder if Jeid is still around to explain...

sometimes an error would come about because the total length of ALL the player names COMBINED was too long and the name information overran into the player data information...with the first player being buf qb1

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png