War6

75% Accounting 25% Finance

Cons:

Boring

Stressful

Repetitive

Sit in 1 spot all day

Stare at computer all day

Long hours (just worked from 10 - 11pm because something came up that was urgent for tomorrow morning :lol: )

I hate it

Pros:

It pays really well

I'm good at it (wasn't sure whether to put this under pro or con).

Where is the weirdest place you've played TSB? :lol:

I've played during conference calls at work when it's just me on speaker phone with other offices or clients. I've also had COM vs. COM games going on my laptop while driving. That's about as weird as it gets for me.

I'm in the USAF--I'm Military police by trade but I'm doing 1st Sgt duties at the moment...the most unusual place I played TSB was in my tent in Afghanistan on my Gameboy Micro & in Dublin Ireland coming back from a very good weekend...I think I lost a few games because of a hangover...

I.T., though currently a stay-at-home dad.

I've played the NES CIFL rom on my DSi while sitting on a bench at the park, in the shade. That's about as odd as it's gotten for me. Can say, without lying, that I've never played TSB at work, would never have gotten away with that.

Seriously considering trying to play TSB on my new Android phone though. Then God-only-knows where I'd play it...

Can say, without lying, that I've never played TSB at work, would never have gotten away with that.

I work in a google like atmosphere so i actually was encouraged to put on an exhibition before my trip to Madison.

I have one of my NESes here though the 3 pinball machines are much more popular

electrical engineer FOR HIRE

pros

I'm a smart, charming, and hard-working motherfucker

cons

apparently, my pros are not what companies are looking for

I played TSB (on a real NES, on a real TV) in the back of Knobbe's car driving to Chicago.

Looks like TSB has done a lot over the years...it's been almost everywhere & through almost everything. In all seriousness, this game really helped me focus while I was downrange-...it was part of my routine--everyday after I put my boots/uniform on, I'd play a single season game. I remember playing it almost every day for 9 months when I was deployed to Iraq--I might have missed a few days but those I couldn't help. The game was somewhat therapeutic and part battle buddy at the same time. I can't remember how many seasons I've been through or how many times I had some crazy over-the-top TSB plays happen but they were many. I can honestly say that TSB helped me get home to my wife and children...when I went to Afghanistan I brought TSB with me and again, played countless seasons. My Gameboy Micro was part of my gear and still is to this day--I slide it into my cargo pocket each and everyday when I head off to work. No other game, in my experience can replace what TSB is or represents...most people kind of snicker when I talk about TSB and they say it can hardly compare to "modern" video games--what do they know? My 17 year old plays the Xbox, wii, and PSP...he doesn't fully understand what TSB is or what it represents--he's played it but doesn't grasp the subtleties--or get the massive following this little title has. I would like to thank all the folks here like Buck and Knobbe who still keep this game's heart beating and helping it grow to what it is today. Long live TSB & seriously...THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...

Teacher.

1993 - played an entire season with three other guys on a trip from CT to VA in the back of a 1983 subaru sedan

2002 - played during cloudy weather at a Kitt Peak observatory during a two-week observing run

2003 - Baxter State Park, ME with NES and TV running off my car's battery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I work for a pharmaceutical company in Cambridge, MA.

I've only ever played TSB in my home. Currently, my original Nintendo is hooked up in my office (the controllers were donated by my wife because mine were shot). That's the only way I play.

Bodom, we have another Cambridge/Boston-area player. We're one step closer to the first official Boston Tournament: All Grogan, all the time.

I work for a pharmaceutical company in Cambridge, MA.

I've only ever played TSB in my home. Currently, my original Nintendo is hooked up in my office (the controllers were donated by my wife because mine were shot). That's the only way I play.

Bodom, we have another Cambridge/Boston-area player. We're one step closer to the first official Boston Tournament: All Grogan, all the time.

I like it!

@benchGrogan - which company? PM me. My wife also works for a pharma co in Cambridge.

Any MA boys going to the NY tourney in about a month? I'm still 50/50 due to pending obligations...

I work for the local telco, everywhere from install/repair to IT and engineering

oddest/best gaming was sitting in a meeting with international engineers from china (huawei) and somehow getting into a $50 bet on who was better at tecmo, and busting out the DS's to play head to head, lol

I work for the local telco, everywhere from install/repair to IT and engineering

oddest/best gaming was sitting in a meeting with international engineers from china (huawei) and somehow getting into a $50 bet on who was better at tecmo, and busting out the DS's to play head to head, lol

awesome...i'm picturing the basement gambling scene from an episode of it's Always Sunny in Philidelphia

Logistics and inventory process manager

Basically I manage a group of people that manage inventory in a mfg company. Been in the logistcs career 20 years now, started unloading 40 import containers at a picture frame company and have worked my way to management level.

Pros

Constantly interact with my group of employees

I'm the process manager, so I get to implement new ideas. No matter how insane they sound;). Pays well.

Allowed me to self teach on excel and sql queries.

Cons.

Have tp find high dollar items that "disappear" in the warehouse and have to interact with my group of employees.

Weirdest place. My homeboys room my sr year. Wouldn't have been weird except he was knockin off a piece from the principals daughter while I played my season game. He actually finished before me:).

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png