Drummer's NFL TECMO SUPER BOWL 2K12

drummer4god

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys i have uploaded a update with more tweaks on team and player sim ratings. i also fixed the roster error on the 49ers that paul found. If anyone finds errors plz post them so i can fix them. i have simmed over 10 seasons and the player,and team sim data seems to be ok. I'll re-release this rom with end of regular season stats for more accurate sim data,not that it's bad now. I'll also be releasing a more update rom with injured players out,if enough people want it,but man alot teams giants,chiefs,colts,just off the top of my head have taken terrible losses from injury. Charles rb of the chiefs was lost for the season today. But like i said if enought people want a more updated rom with the injured taken out i'll do it but it's goin to be hard times for alot of teams. Drummer out............

I feckin LOVE the updated rom. I've been a 49ers fan my whole life, and the original just about let you do anything you wanted with the passing game. Now with this new team, it forced me to develop at making the running game the focus of my offense, and has better rounded me as a player. Definitely good to be challenged after all this time! Thanks again Drummer!

Also, the INDY at the opening screen was a nice touch! Awesome detail!

I feckin LOVE the updated rom. I've been a 49ers fan my whole life, and the original just about let you do anything you wanted with the passing game. Now with this new team, it forced me to develop at making the running game the focus of my offense, and has better rounded me as a player. Definitely good to be challenged after all this time! Thanks again Drummer!

Also, the INDY at the opening screen was a nice touch! Awesome detail!

Glad you like the rom,and the challenge. Post what your final record ends up being.

Alright, first post here. I downloaded this on the 22nd, and I finally got to finish a season. I played as the Broncos against the CPU, 6 min. quarters, weather on, and here are my stats + impressions after playing one complete season:

- Regular season record: 15-1

- Won Super Bowl

Broncos Impressions:

Broncos feel like an elite team. My usual starters are:

QB: Tebow

RB: Moreno

WR/RB: McGahee or Decker

WRs: Lloyd and Royal

TE: Fells / McGahee (J. Thomas depending on physical condition)

Moreno is very average with his 3.1 YPC over the season. IF (and I do stress IF) I had decided to play Demaryius Thomas as the RB, this would probably be on the extreme end, with his 75 (!!!) max speed. I think it's very, very generous considering that he hasn't really proven anything in the NFL, except being made of glass at this point. I think it's very fun to play him, but I'm not sure if it's a realistic portrayal of his NFL career so far. He's a total gamebreaker, as in my game he led the league in KR/PR yds. + had 5 KR for TDs and 1 PR for a TD over 14 games (injured for 2 games). He also had 1 kickoff returned in the Super Bowl.

Only reason I didn't play him as a RB was because he's SUCH a dynamic player in the return game, and I didn't want to risk injury by giving him a bigger role in the offense.

I think the optimal roster for this incarnation of the Broncos would be:

QB: Tebow (Run/Pass threat)

RB: D. Thomas (Elite speed)

WR/RB: Moreno (2nd best hands on the team)

WRs: Lloyd and Royal (Hands + speed)

TE: Fells / McGahee (Actually would be the most average)

This is assuming all are on 'NORMAL' physical condition. It has playmakers at every position except TE. McGahee at TE, with his 69 hitting power, is also a *very* generous stat.

On defense:

- Von Miller feels a little on the underwhelming side, but I can understand since he's a young rookie. I'd personally bump his first four stats 1 to the right (or at least the speed related ones), but I can understand if it stays as is.

- Dumervil might be too good, especially coming off injury, but I don't ever really control him so it might be different if he's being used by the player. His stats are definitely eye-catching, though.

- Champ actually feels elite, which is accurate.

- Goodman has *generous* stats.

- I think the human player is likely to get very few INTs. I had 6 total INTs for the entire regular season (although this is probably due to playstyle -- I skew towards pass plays on D unless I'm up against elite speedy backs, and then either control Champ to prevent the big play, or DJ WIlliams/Ayers for blitzes). Two of those INTS had been through direct player control early in the season (Champ). I did get a lot of sacks though.

My team rankings:

Offense: #2 overall, #2 pass, #25 run

Defense: #1 overall, #1 pass, #1 run

Other impressions:

- Beastly players: Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson, Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, Tom Brady, Ndamukong Suh, B.J. Raji, Jerod Mayo, Vince Wilfork, etc.

- I'm of the opinion that certain plays/playbooks have a big impact on how well the CPU plays against a human, especially if they are plays the player can reasonably guess before the snap.

- Running (for running plays) becomes really difficult later on. Maybe it's just because I was mostly using Moreno's 44 max speed reflected in his paltry 3.1 average, but running is much more difficult than passing. I'm not sure if that can really be fixed though, and it may be totally dependent on whom you're running as + O-line + play call.

- I like the player ratings for the most part aside from the exceptions I've mentioned above (D. Thomas, McGahee (maybe), Dumervil (maybe), V. Miller (maybe), A. Goodman).

- I like the challenge overall. CPU is heavily skewed towards catching footballs, though, definitely, on offense AND defense. Meanwhile, I'm dropping rare INT opportunities. It's a bit deflating, but I can understand why it's there for the challenge aspect.

- It's not too easy, and not too hard (might totally be dependent on what team you use though). I think having one speedy elite guy on defense can make a big difference in a ROM. On this version of the Broncos, it's Champ. DJ Williams is pretty good. I guess Dumervil's alright too, but I don't ever control him.

- Overall, it's a fun, reasonably accurate, entertaining ROM! So thanks for that.

drummer...this version is AWESOME. i definitely like how you updated all the numbers. i want to try to get a Tecmo Super Bowl Party going here in phoenix, where everyone can put like 10 bucks in a pot. do like 10-15 teams and have the winner take home a few bucks. :wink:

im gonna start my season. definitely love the challenge though. i hate beating the computer 56-0.

49ers are pretty good. Willis is a monster, and Alex Smith is decent...or at least his receivers are...so its cool. haha

I played a preseason game against the Jets. Braylon Edwards with a 22 yd GW TD catch with 15 secs to go. Love games like that!

49ers 28

Jets 24

drummer...this version is AWESOME. i definitely like how you updated all the numbers. i want to try to get a Tecmo Super Bowl Party going here in phoenix, where everyone can put like 10 bucks in a pot. do like 10-15 teams and have the winner take home a few bucks. :wink:

im gonna start my season. definitely love the challenge though. i hate beating the computer 56-0.

49ers are pretty good. Willis is a monster, and Alex Smith is decent...or at least his receivers are...so its cool. haha

I played a preseason game against the Jets. Braylon Edwards with a 22 yd GW TD catch with 15 secs to go. Love games like that!

49ers 28

Jets 24

Glad you like the rom! i am continuing to update player ratings,and team ratings as madden roster updates come out,and i see what teams need to be tweaked I.E. bills. i will be releasing a end year update to my rom. So keep up the good work and good luck in the tourney....drummer

• 3 weeks later...

After playing about 1/4th of the games in season mode, I won the Super Bowl as the Ravens against the Packers.Here are the results:

AFC East:

Patriots: 12-4

Bills: 10-6

Jets: 8-8

Dolphins: 5-11

AFC North:

Ravens: 14-2

Steelers: 9-7

Browns: 8-8

Bengals: 3-13

AFC South:

Texans: 10-6

Titans: 9-7

Colts: 6-10

Jaguars: 3-13

AFC West:

Chargers: 10-6

Broncos: 6-10

Raiders: 5-11

Chiefs: 5-11

NFC East:

Eagles: 10-6

Giants: 7-8-1

Cowboys: 6-10

Redskins: 2-13-1

NFC North:

Lions: 11-5

Packers: 10-5-1

Bears: 9-6-1

Vikings: 7-9

NFC South:

Saints: 11-5

Falcons: 10-6

Buccaneers: 9-7

Panthers: 5-11

NFC West:

Rams: 11-5

49ers: 10-6

Seahawks: 7-9

Cardinals: 6-10

I think it's pretty accurate, except for maybe the NFC West and the NFC East, but those divisions aren't predictable, especially since the rom was made at the beginning of the season.

If there's anything I noticed, the Vikings are broken. Adrian Peterson is a beast, but that's expected. McNabb would've had a top 3 passer rating if I didn't replace him with Christian Ponder. (They started losing more after I did this.) Kevin Kolb is another player like this. He had the 2nd highest passer rating.

Overall, I think you put a lot of hard work in this rom, and it shows. Thanks for the rom, Drummer!

After playing about 1/4th of the games in season mode, I won the Super Bowl as the Ravens against the Packers.Here are the results:

AFC East:

Patriots: 12-4

Bills: 10-6

Jets: 8-8

Dolphins: 5-11

AFC North:

Ravens: 14-2

Steelers: 9-7

Browns: 8-8

Bengals: 3-13

AFC South:

Texans: 10-6

Titans: 9-7

Colts: 6-10

Jaguars: 3-13

AFC West:

Chargers: 10-6

Broncos: 6-10

Raiders: 5-11

Chiefs: 5-11

NFC East:

Eagles: 10-6

Giants: 7-8-1

Cowboys: 6-10

Redskins: 2-13-1

NFC North:

Lions: 11-5

Packers: 10-5-1

Bears: 9-6-1

Vikings: 7-9

NFC South:

Saints: 11-5

Falcons: 10-6

Buccaneers: 9-7

Panthers: 5-11

NFC West:

Rams: 11-5

49ers: 10-6

Seahawks: 7-9

Cardinals: 6-10

I think it's pretty accurate, except for maybe the NFC West and the NFC East, but those divisions aren't predictable, especially since the rom was made at the beginning of the season.

If there's anything I noticed, the Vikings are broken. Adrian Peterson is a beast, but that's expected. McNabb would've had a top 3 passer rating if I didn't replace him with Christian Ponder. (They started losing more after I did this.) Kevin Kolb is another player like this. He had the 2nd highest passer rating.

Overall, I think you put a lot of hard work in this rom, and it shows. Thanks for the rom, Drummer!

Thx moose i have put alot of hard work into this rom. I will be updating the sim plyer,and team numbers. And a few other tweaks i got up my sleeve. just keep watrching this thread for info about a rom upload update. :) .........drummer out!

As promised guys a rom update has been posted on 1st page of this thread! I have not taken players out that are out for the season i.e. (peyton manning) this update also has player releases,trades,and updates to players on the rom,as well as team sim updates. Player sim ratings tweaked. A full update to team,and player sim ratings will be completed at end of season. Enjoy! I will release a update at end of november,as well as early december,so you can play over the holidays!........drummer out!

Hey Drummer,

Great rom so far! Love the new graphics touchups and gameplay.

I noticed some of the team schedules may be off, think you may have the home and road teams reversed since you have the "AT" in the middle instead of "VS"

For example, week 1 the Falcons visited Chicago but you have "CHI AT ATL"?

Just thought I point it out but no biggie since the matchups are correct and there is no distinction between which team is at home or on the road since player 1 is always on the left side anyway. I'm sure someone may have brought this up before but I was too tired to look for the thread.

Good job with the rom!

Hey Drummer,

Great rom so far! Love the new graphics touchups and gameplay.

I noticed some of the team schedules may be off, think you may have the home and road teams reversed since you have the "AT" in the middle instead of "VS"

For example, week 1 the Falcons visited Chicago but you have "CHI AT ATL"?

Just thought I point it out but no biggie since the matchups are correct and there is no distinction between which team is at home or on the road since player 1 is always on the left side anyway. I'm sure someone may have brought this up before but I was too tired to look for the thread.

Good job with the rom!

glad you like the rom van,and the at was added by elway for me. But the home team should be correct,it's just a visual thing. I still got a few graphic,and gameplay changes i am working on for the final version. Drummer out!

Hey Drummer, here's some changes you might want to make for the next update because of injuries:

Roscoe Parrish with David Nelson

Derrick Mason with Patrick Turner (There's one on the Jets and one on the Texans)

Domonique Foxworth with Cary Williams or Jimmy Smith

Jordan Shipley with Jerome Simpson

Aaron Smith with Ziggy Hood or Cameron Heyward

Bob Sanders with Steve Gregory

Jamaal Charles with Jackie Battle

Eric Berry with Jon McGraw

Ovie Mughelli with Mike Cox

Just curious, are you going to do what you did last year and have multiple releases, one with updated rosters including injuries and one with optimal roster excluding injuries? I love when rom makers do that. Thanks again, you're the man, well except for your signature, it's just awful.

Cowboys 3-4

Browns 3-4

Just curious, are you going to do what you did last year and have multiple releases, one with updated rosters including injuries and one with optimal roster excluding injuries? I love when rom makers do that. Thanks again, you're the man, well except for your signature, it's just awful.

Cowboys 3-4

Browns 3-4

If enough people ask for it i will. I am working on a new roster update now.