Tecmo Ryder Cup East

At the Cleveland tourney we tossed around having a Ryder cup in the eastern time zone. Since the potential teams are all around Cleveland we are going to try to get at least four, four man teams for a future date in Cleveland. Ryan (who ran the two Cleveland tourney's will be co host and doing all the local arrangements. We are hoping to get the Boneyard again.) I'll be emailing a few guys I think that might be interested. If you don't want an email and want in just contact me. I'm hoping to have Cleveland guys to play as extras too so you may not need to have 4 guys though it is preferred.

Our format is going to be a little different. It will all be team play. 4 team mates play one quarter of each game. A seven game series will be a match between two teams. This gives us the option of doing two matches at once so it won't take as long. That way each person will play at least one games worth of quarters. Once we know how many teams then we will format into some type if tournament.

As for an overall championship no one has time for it. So the winners of each can either do it on there own time or not at all. So if your not from the eastern time zone and can make it your more than welcome. Which means this will not be on the same date as the older Ryder cup.

For now this will be the official format for Ryder Cup East.

Ryder Team.

1. Each team has four players. Who Will play a quarter of each game. (this is designed to take some of the advantage the better teams will have. It seems to me in a tourney everyone has a good quarter. Its just a whole game can really expose one player to another.)

2. Overtimes will be played in the same order. So OT 1 is played by the first quarter player, OT 2 the quarter players and so on.

3. Teams will represent cities, regions or lame area codes. The host city (Cleveland) will be expected to have a few extras to cover if a team loses a man tourney week.

4. The teams I can see coming are team WNY (LOU, Mort, Stratis, x), team 513 (Vogt bro's and hake), team det (Toolie, Odell,X,X) and as many teams from Northern Ohio. Also there could be teams for Indiana, and further on the east coast.)

(There is the option of also drafting teams from a pool of people in order to have more parity).

Ryder Match

1. Each Ryder match will be a 7 game series. The advantage is that using 4 players we can play two games at once. Once one team gets to three wins the series will be played one game at a time. It should take an hour at the most to complete the series. A seven games series is used to ensure each player plays 4 quarters.

2. A coin will be flipped to determine who is home in either games 1 and 4 or games 2 and 3.

3. Game 1 uses tier one, game two uses tier two, game 3 tier 3 and game 4 tier 4. In games 5-7 the home team can pick which tier they want but no tier can be used more than twice in a series.

4. The home team gets all the advantages. They pick team first, controller and can set there lineup second. This is done since in elimination games (except g7) the team that is down is always home.

5. In a game seven a coin flip determines who is home but the away team gets to pick the tier the matchup will occur in and set the lineup second.

Tiers.

1. There will be four tiers.

Tier A. SF, NYG, HOU, BUF, KC, OAk, CHI

Tier B. Cin, Det, Phi, SD, Minn, Mia, Wash

Tier C. TB, Rams, Den, Dal, Pitt, Ari, Atl

Tier D. Jets, NO, GB, Cle, NE, Sea, Ind.

2. You must use each team in a tier once before you can use the same team again. Once all seven teams in a tier have been used the tier is reset and all the teams are again open to that group.

Game Play rules

1. DL use allowed with no lurching.

2. 4th man on all kicks.

3. You can line up your offensive players anywhere you like as long as you follow this simple rules. WR and TE cannot have running plays except reverses.

4. Be a good sport.

Format.

With 4-8 teams we can either do double elimination or have each team play each team once and then by record have placement games.

Prizes.

1. Based on previous tourneys 15-30 dollars a man. Give or take. This is just prize money, there might also be a small room fee.

2. Prizes will go to first place team, second place team, top rusher, top passer (QB yards), Best defensive game (by yards) and best point differental.

3. Prizes below Based on 20 dollars and 4 teams.

1st place 200 ($50 each) 2nd place $80 ($20 each) additional prizes $10 each.

4. The trophey will be an actual cup that will hopefully be a yearly prize. Similar to the grey cup and stanely cup but on a much smaller scale.

I just sent out an email to my potential Detroit teammates, Toolie, and Moskwa. I could probably do one or the other between this one and Minneapolis. The weekend that they are doing theirs 8/13 works perfectly for me, as my lady is going out of town, and it's between many weekend trips I have planned throughout the summer. Get back to yah Mort!

this is only in the planning stages for now. I would need to get four teams before its more than just a proposal. I was hoping for Detroit, Buffalo and two from North Ohio. I sent an invatation down to the 513 but that travelitus they have makes me doubt they are interested.

Though the nice thing is we would choose a date all could make any time in the future. Will not be the same as the other Ryder cup. I'm thinking its in my best interest to not even have it close to that tournament. Its conceivable that a couple teams might try both events that way.

gaining some stream. we got a maybe on det, a cleveland team and half a team from buffalo. if we get a full commit from two more teams this thing is a go.

A little Cleveland Steaming?