Meet the new boss...same as the old boss!

Knobbe

Ah, great. The old boss was an asshol....

I mean, yay! Big fan of the makeover and "tightening up" of the website. I can sympathize with your name issue: Up until Madison, I had always called your site "nobby." Glad to see that the only changes are for the better. Well-played, Mr. Woodson.

TDO IM'd me last night congratulating me on getting the repository. I had to bite my lip (ignoring his IM) to keep from telling him the truth. I also never once posted in that post...I thought it might raise a question or two about whether I was the one who got it, since I got IMs from others asking if it was me as well. It was hard to hold back knowing Knobbe was playing a little prank on people. Friggin' AvgTsbPlayer figuring it out right away!

Heh heh...

:)

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Probably doesn't looks quite the same on a mobile device yet

Looks like someone isn't used to logging in as "knobbe" just yet

:)

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Probably doesn't looks quite the same on a mobile device yet

Actually, not really any different that I noticed.

I love that the new official site for TSB has most of the name in it now. I immediately thought, Turd will love the new TB name. I also thought of all the people that say, "I loved Tecmo Bowl!" when really they meant Tecmo Super Bowl. Most importantly, I'm glad that nothing is going to change other than it's only going to get better. :)

I love that the new official site for TSB has most of the name in it now. I immediately thought, Turd will love the new TB name. I also thought of all the people that say, "I loved Tecmo Bowl!" when really they meant Tecmo Super Bowl. Most importantly, I'm glad that nothing is going to change other than it's only going to get better. :)

when I bring up the game to people that may not "be in the know", I just use the words "Tecmo Bowl" - even when I really mean "Super".

I've found that leaving out the word "Super" helps the conversation go smoother.

when I bring up the game to people that may not "be in the know", I just use the words "Tecmo Bowl" - even when I really mean "Super".

I've found that leaving out the word "Super" helps the conversation go smoother.

You're right. My group of friends, none in the know, just call it Tecmo. F all their other games anyway.

I do love it. Sadly, the only guy who ever played me in TB games has disappeared...

one day I will play online... one day :)

As your first order of business, can you force Buck to release his Semi-Pro rom?! :)

the pimpest of choices might have been http://tec.mo

However, establishing a business in China was not in the cards for me.

tecmobowl.org was a lot shorter than tecmosuperbowl.org and less prone to the name switching thing

Also glad to see the site remains!! I checked the site earlier today from my iPhone and it just happened to be about 10 seconds before the presumed end, then all was gone for a bit I couldn't access anything which had me wondering but now all is well lol. :lol:

Oh yeah, I had a little bit of an issue.

While I had tested out a redirect I hadn't tested out a redirect to a domain that is a subdomain of the original domain.

Thus, I created an infinite loop which meant that when the clock ran out shit didn't work.

Took me about 5 minutes to fix it temporarily and 10 to fix permanently

no offense, but why did the effective "speed" of this website substantially decrease with a domain name change? I'm waiting long periods of time for pages to load. something is wrong here.

no offense, but why did the effective "speed" of this website substantially decrease with a domain name change? I'm waiting long periods of time for pages to load. something is wrong here.

It's a combination of having some stuff redirected plus the new format.

It's something that I didn't have the chance to work on before though it is something i've noticed and will address

How is it working for you now?