Announcement: Knobbe.org is going away

Knobbe

I haven't been around this site for too long, but it seems like a great community of people who love this game. I will continue to visit these forums if they get relocated and I owe a huge thank you to knobbe for running this website.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all Al Davis' fault. How convenient that this all transpires after he lures the "real" Rod Woodson to Oakland. Don't do it Rod! Count Davis rips the soul out of everyone he employs! Don't you know that Asomugha isn't there anymore?

I want to say to Rod,you did a great job running this site. I haven't been on in a while, but this feels like when WCW got bought by WWE. Hope i don't have to start at the bottom like the WCW stars did, or I'll join TNA. Or maybe i'll go all NWO, and become a trouble maker for the new ownership. Your either with me, or agianst me. So Hey YO! Who's down with the N......W.......O!(New Woodsen Order).

This is sad news indeed. Hopefully the new guy running this site will do just as good a job. Thanks Rod for starting this site up and keeping Tecmo alive! I bet it's gonna feel weird for you when you visit this site as a user instead of admin. Maybe they should make a special Avatar description for you whenever you login to visit ... say "Tecmo Godfather." :)

I guess come April, "Knobbe.org" will be "sleepin with the fishes" ... unless this was all a BIG April Fools joke. :)

If my reading comprehension skills are working, here's what we have:

Knobbe.org is going away.

Tecmo Repository is not going away.

Matt Knobbe / Rod Woodson is not going away.

Here's what Matt hasn't said that some people are assuming

Matt has sold the website (Tecmo Repository).

Matt is no longer going to be running the website.

New guys are going to be taking over for Matt.

So (and I know this I'm adding to it), can we just stop overreacting to what essentially sounds like nothing more than a domain name change and (maybe) some additional moderators? Until we hear otherwise, that is all we have at this point...

This is going to come as a shock to most of you but effective at the end of the month knobbe.org is no longer going to host the Tecmo Repository.

In a nutshell, I was given an offer that I couldn't refuse. Please understand this was extremely difficult for me but in the end the pros outweighed the cons.

I can tell you that this is from a "prominent" member of the Tecmo Community and it's my hope that you find things in the future to be as good if not better than they are now.

I don't think I'd classify "no longer hosting the website and taking an offer I can't refuse" as an assumption that he's selling the repository ... sounds like he is selling it. What prominent member would actually a) have the cash to buy this site :) even want to have it? If they are truly into making money I doubt someone would really want to risk their investment buying a slightly illegal site lol, there's gotta be other intentions here.

I want to say to Rod,you did a great job running this site. I haven't been on in a while, but this feels like when WCW got bought by WWE. Hope i don't have to start at the bottom like the WCW stars did, or I'll join TNA. Or maybe i'll go all NWO, and become a trouble maker for the new ownership. Your either with me, or agianst me. So Hey YO! Who's down with the N......W.......O!(New Woodsen Order).

Hey I'm N W O 4-Life...

So (and I know this I'm adding to it), can we just stop overreacting to what essentially sounds like nothing more than a domain name change and (maybe) some additional moderators? Until we hear otherwise, that is all we have at this point...

I don't think I'd classify "no longer hosting the website and taking an offer I can't refuse" as an assumption that he's selling the repository ... sounds like he is selling it. What prominent member would actually a) have the cash to buy this site :) even want to have it? If they are truly into making money I doubt someone would really want to risk their investment buying a slightly illegal site lol, there's gotta be other intentions here.

I am going to make some assumptions as to why I am concerned, again I am not saying this will happen, but I am generally a negative person so...

The thing that concerns me is if he got an offer he couldn't refuse, means he probably got offered money. Which in turn could mean that the person who offered money, will likely plan to make money. Lets just hope the guy who purchased it is in it for the love of Tecmo and not to make this some overly exclusive, politcally correct, ad filled, over regulated crap. I guess that is why I am surprised and/or sad. I know it is not the end of Tecmo or anything, but just kind of one of those things that in past experiences you don't see going well.

It could also create some unrest, right now Knobbe.org is all we have ever known, if there are a lot of changes someone will want to go back to the format we have right now, and think that now is the right time to do it. Down the line we will be on this new site and if something isn't working right, or not to there liking, some dillweed will try and take a bunch of members with him to his "own site."

These fears could be put to rest if we get details though, the fear of the unknown makes people sensationalize. Kind of like this post :)

So...knobbe.org will no longer have Tecmo...but the Tecmo Repository will continue to function somewhere else? Or is the Repository going to be deactivated?

If the Repository is still here, hopefully we don't have a Google type person come in and bombard us with bullshit politics and ads. They ruined Youtube, you know.

Alright, here's the scoop. Matt told me to keep my mouth shut, but I can't do it any longer. He's giving up the site so that he can move to Madison, and immerse himself in an intense 7-year Tecmo Training program at the Edge. Among other things, he hopes to learn the Garbage Gauthier super juice, and the fine intricacies of the AGO (All Gerald Offense).

When he emerges (if he emerges), he will be unrecognizeable to anyone who previously knew him (including his wife). If he can't make it through this intense training regimen, he will be banished to the Tecmo Wasteland (Twin Cities, MN) where he will wander aimlessly without Tecmo until he meets his ultimate demise. Wish him luck in his arduous journey.

While comments like, "thanks for the memories!" on the front page are cause for concern, the almost-mischievious tone taken by Mr. Woodson leads me to believe this is not going to be a big issue. I better fast-track my Hoss Whisperer rundown to announce it here before the knobbe coffin door slams shut.

I better fast-track my Hoss Whisperer rundown to announce it here before the knobbe coffin door slams shut.

Will this be good enough to knock Big Red off the front page of Tecmo on your site? Can anything?

Alright, here's the scoop. Matt told me to keep my mouth shut, but I can't do it any longer. He's giving up the site so that he can move to Madison, and immerse himself in an intense 7-year Tecmo Training program at the Edge. Among other things, he hopes to learn the Garbage Gauthier super juice, and the fine intricacies of the AGO (All Gerald Offense).

When he emerges (if he emerges), he will be unrecognizeable to anyone who previously knew him (including his wife). If he can't make it through this intense training regimen, he will be banished to the Tecmo Wasteland (Twin Cities, MN) where he will wander aimlessly without Tecmo until he meets his ultimate demise. Wish him luck in his arduous journey.

With the invention of montages, your idea is a little outdated.

All I need is a camera crew and about a week and I could transform into the greatest juicer of all time...capable of beating such garbage as Ivan Drago or Turbo

rZA6mvMXxBQ

So...knobbe.org will no longer have Tecmo...but the Tecmo Repository will continue to function somewhere else? Or is the Repository going to be deactivated?

If the Repository is still here, hopefully we don't have a Google type person come in and bombard us with bullshit politics and ads. They ruined Youtube, you know.

This google thing you speak of....any money in that?

I better fast-track my Hoss Whisperer rundown to announce it here before the knobbe coffin door slams shut.

Will this be good enough to knock Big Red off the front page of Tecmo on your site? Can anything?

It would be hard to knock Big Red off the throne. An original knobbe classic! We had a Big Red reading in the hotel room before the Hoss. It was incredibly inspiring.