japan usa combine

gamingtrucker1

To keep the Raiders traditional with a change, my thought is to give Allen the run play to the top, and Bo can take Allen's run to the bottom. Probably doesn't change much, but puts Bo in the passing game a little.

With Bo's speed he may be a bit of a force vs the fast top side DE's and top outside LBs. Especially from the top hash mark.

Might have finally figured out what is the best way to help out WSH & MIn without really changing much.

Change the direction of their run plays. Minnesota's run play would now go to the bottom, and the WR run play to the top. Basically this forces the defender into using a top DB(to not be blocked on either run play), and then opens up pass 2 for the Vikings. Minnesota would have a reliable pass play resulting in a lot of dump offs to Darrin Nelson. Based off the pass coverages, Pass 2 for the Vikes all of a sudden becomes very useful, as it would work comparably to SF's pass 2. Lots of 3rd and shorts for MIN. They have a shot to really compete here, but all the fast DE's will shut down Darrin Nelson trying to run the ball...so there is a bit of a trade off.

WSH benefits a lot with Timmy Smith's run play to the top...because that basically neutralizes all the good top DE's and DB's. The passing game will still be hard for WSH as Williams would have a small window to throw into on pass 2 vs a bottom outside LB. A lot of good defenders gets neutralized now with vs Smith. Richard Dent, Ronnie Lott, Chris Doleman/Joey Browner, Rulon Jones....all these guys become liabilities to an extent and that helps out Washington overall.

Unless something is out there to reverse Marcus Allen's run play to go to the top, im not sure anything can be done to switch the Raiders run plays around.

Overall i think it would make both the WR run teams more competitive vs the field, and probably give WSH more of an advanatge in the match-up as it plays into WSH's defensive strengths.

............and for the COLTS, just give Dickerson all four plays.........seriously..........I'd rather have that then deal with there sh!tty passing game. I'd be willing to bet that it would be harder to stop the Colts with 4 different run plays and no passing plays then the offense they have originally.........yes, Dickerson is that good.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

............and for the COLTS, just give Dickerson all four plays.........seriously..........I'd rather have that then deal with there sh!tty passing game. I'd be willing to bet that it would be harder to stop the Colts with 4 different run plays and no passing plays then the offense they have originally.........yes, Dickerson is that good.

Colts playbook is awesome. The passing routes are spread apart so far that even the weak armed Jack Trudeau can hit his targets. How so??? The key is not to try and gun away with Jack. Sit in the pocket and let all routes fully develop before passing. Sometimes that requires tossing a defender to buy a little more time.

You basically make the human controlled defender commit to a wr and throw elsewhere. Dickerson is such a good runner that the defense has to call a lot of run. Pass plays are open most all game. It takes some skill but the Colts offense is downright deadly.

Colts playbook is awesome. The passing routes are spread apart so far that even the weak armed Jack Trudeau can hit his targets. How so??? The key is not to try and gun away with Jack. Sit in the pocket and let all routes fully develop before passing. Sometimes that requires tossing a defender to buy a little more time.

You basically make the human controlled defender commit to a wr and throw elsewhere. Dickerson is such a good runner that the defense has to call a lot of run. Pass plays are open most all game. It takes some skill but the Colts offense is downright deadly.

You're right.....I think I just get frusterated that Bill Brooks is the slowest reciever in the game, when he should be one of the fastest........The fact that Bouza is the only reciever that can take it to the house on that team besides Dickerson out the backfield, pisses me off..........They got Bill Brooks' speed & skin color wrong!!! Oh well, what can you do.

You're right.....I think I just get frusterated that Bill Brooks is the slowest reciever in the game, when he should be one of the fastest........The fact that Bouza is the only reciever that can take it to the house on that team besides Dickerson out the backfield, pisses me off..........They got Bill Brooks' speed & skin color wrong !!! Oh well, what can you do.

The Tecmo era Colts were basically a blue collar 9-7 team back during that time, so other thans Brooks being white I think it turned out ok. Also if Trudeau had a better arm and Brooks was fast within that playbook, they would be better than San Frans offense and that aint right.

• 2 weeks later...

The Tecmo era Colts were basically a blue collar 9-7 team back during that time, so other thans Brooks being white I think it turned out ok. Also if Trudeau had a better arm and Brooks was fast within that playbook, they would be better than San Frans offense and that aint right.

All tell ya what...........Trudeau shouldn't have a better arm, because he was never that great anyway. Average at best. But Bill Brooks should be faster, so even if Jack takes forever to get him the ball with those floaters he tosses, Brooks could still get yards after the catch..............that WOULD be fair. That 9~7 team you're refering to should have been really good...They had all the pieces. Just some examples: RB's: DICKERSON & BENTLEY QB's: TRUDEAU & CHRIS CHANDLER (who did very well when Jack went down) LB's: BICKETT, ODOM, & FREDD YOUNG aquired from Seattle Safties: PRIOR &.............Damn it, I can't remeber his name off the top of my head, but you get the picture.....not to mention that monster OL with CHRIS HINTON hikin' the ball.......Yeah, they coulda' at least hung with San Fran on any givin Sunday.

Make Indy better in the player ratings and you'd have a team on par with SF, CHI, NYG in Tecmo Bowl....and they just weren't at that level back then. They had good players, but not a bunch of future HOFers.

We rank Indy 4th out of 12, and that's pretty damn good. Overall behind NYG/SF/CHI, Indy and Cleveland pretty much have their own tier before you go to teams like Denver, Seattle, & Miami...giving the Tecmo Colts some decent separation from those other teams that are on a similar level in terms of Tecmo talent.

• 4 weeks later...