japan usa combine

gamingtrucker1

has anybody attempt this?definitely get rid of those wr reserve.maybe if this gets off the ground we could hav a vote on who stays on which teams.my first vote is to keep h walker on MIS,but keep the usa qb.don't really mind taylor staying on SF.never heard of ass wilson till tb.

• 2 months later...

Attached is the original ROM with fixed playbooks. This is better than the previous one posted because the defensive reactions have been moved along with the plays.

Also, as for the japan/usa thing, I just found out taht the TB Manager from emuware reads the japan ROM, so now I can take those ratings and put them on my 32 team ROM and have one ROM with the 12 teams from USA version, and 12 from Japan, and then 6 slots left open for whatever...

TecmoBowl (fixed playbooks).zip

I posted the TB Tool that basically all it does is allow you to correctly set playbooks for the 12 team ROM. The 32 team editor needs some work as I uncovered some bugs, so I haven't released it.

The link to the TB Tool is on the forums somewhere. I'm too lazy to look. It's not that great, but it does its job.

• 1 year later...

Attached is the original ROM with fixed playbooks. This is better than the previous one posted because the defensive reactions have been moved along with the plays.

Also, as for the japan/usa thing, I just found out taht the TB Manager from emuware reads the japan ROM, so now I can take those ratings and put them on my 32 team ROM and have one ROM with the 12 teams from USA version, and 12 from Japan, and then 6 slots left open for whatever...

I know this old but turd could u change L.A to a 1 back offence.Maybe IND playbook,everthing else is great.

The purist in me has come around to the idea of just keeping Minnesota, Washington, and LA as the 3 crippled playbook teams.

Turd is it safe to assume the rom posted up above has the 24 original USA and Japan teams(and playbooks on it) on it? I seem to recall you did something that would always make the road team all white. Is that correct? Did you randomize the opening kickoff as well? I always thought that would be an interesting hack to see, as player 1 always getting the opening KO is a little tiresome.

I think my Famicon adapter is taking a poop, as my Japan famicon cart seems to reset a lot. Need to get Japan on a regular cart in the near future. Our next season coming up is based off the Japan version.

So this usa japan ROM will hav no crippled playbooks i assume ???And Bo in a one back set??If so oh hell yeah.Brad u may want to skip getting another japan cart.You could emulate.Either soft mod a Wii or get a gamecube.You can use a sd media launcher on both.
/>http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/GCNWii-SD-Media-Launcher__EF000589.aspx

Now u can also use original NES controllers on both the wii and gamecube.
/>http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=148d9e8d76fae40b679782161685320b

Just make sure if u get a wii it has the gamecube controllers ports on the side.I hav heard some late model wii had the gamecube stuff taken out.I can help u set up both.

Edited by meat

???You can use the regular composite (yellow)run into the VCR.By the way MIN in the japan game is just plain sick.There defense is awesome.

Yeah it sounds cool to just use a rom via gamecube to play.

Indeed Minnesota on Japan Tecmo is Beastly. They basically went from being ranked last in USA Tecmo to 6th in Japan. Keith Millard(top MLB) really takes that defense into the stratosphere. Despite the crippled playbook, Steve Jordan wreaks havoc like crazy on that version. The disparity between the haves and have nots in Japan tecmo is wide and Jordan murders the teams with bad defenses. Anthony Carter is also a mad man in Japan tecmo.

The last time we played a season of Japan, Minnesota went 7-5....doesn;t sound all that great, but..... They were 0-4 vs NY and SF(to be expected), and 7-1 vs the rest. Split with like Miami, and swept teams like Denver/Seattle. Solid season.

• 2 weeks later...

Might have finally figured out what is the best way to help out WSH & MIn without really changing much.

Change the direction of their run plays. Minnesota's run play would now go to the bottom, and the WR run play to the top. Basically this forces the defender into using a top DB(to not be blocked on either run play), and then opens up pass 2 for the Vikings. Minnesota would have a reliable pass play resulting in a lot of dump offs to Darrin Nelson. Based off the pass coverages, Pass 2 for the Vikes all of a sudden becomes very useful, as it would work comparably to SF's pass 2. Lots of 3rd and shorts for MIN. They have a shot to really compete here, but all the fast DE's will shut down Darrin Nelson trying to run the ball...so there is a bit of a trade off.

WSH benefits a lot with Timmy Smith's run play to the top...because that basically neutralizes all the good top DE's and DB's. The passing game will still be hard for WSH as Williams would have a small window to throw into on pass 2 vs a bottom outside LB. A lot of good defenders gets neutralized now with vs Smith. Richard Dent, Ronnie Lott, Chris Doleman/Joey Browner, Rulon Jones....all these guys become liabilities to an extent and that helps out Washington overall.

Unless something is out there to reverse Marcus Allen's run play to go to the top, im not sure anything can be done to switch the Raiders run plays around.

Overall i think it would make both the WR run teams more competitive vs the field, and probably give WSH more of an advanatge in the match-up as it plays into WSH's defensive strengths.