FCEU-GX emulator for Wii Homebrew

bob sacamano

The wiibrew forum has so many rules, and discussions about roms are not welcome there apparently heh... So these questions all go out to all my TSB homies then ....

Where is the best place to download roms to play on the fceugx nes emulator using the homebrew channel on wii? It seems like within the homebrew channel there aren't any nes roms to download. I also noticed alot of wii games. Am I able to download those games to play directly on the wii, without an emulator? I am a bit cloudy on this specifically.

Lastly, I didn't know where to download the nes roms from, so I placed a few .nes roms in my fceugx/roms folder, yet the roms do not show up when I've loaded the emulator through homebrew. Should I be changing the file .extension's to something else?? Not sure what to think here. Any help is greatly appreciated from this newb!

The wiibrew forum has so many rules, and discussions about roms are not welcome there apparently heh... So these questions all go out to all my TSB homies then ....

Where is the best place to download roms to play on the fceugx nes emulator using the homebrew channel on wii? It seems like within the homebrew channel there aren't any nes roms to download. I also noticed alot of wii games. Am I able to download those games to play directly on the wii, without an emulator? I am a bit cloudy on this specifically.

Lastly, I didn't know where to download the nes roms from, so I placed a few .nes roms in my fceugx/roms folder, yet the roms do not show up when I've loaded the emulator through homebrew. Should I be changing the file .extension's to something else?? Not sure what to think here. Any help is greatly appreciated from this newb!

Eric, you don't download them from the Wii. If you want to play a WTF rom you just drag it from your CPU into your SD card:

ROMs & save files should be stored in fceugx/roms and fceugx/saves on the root of your SD card.

Most new cpu's have an external slot for SD cards. I have a USB adapter I can sell you in March at Madison if you don't.

psycho, that's exactly what i did. I simply cut and paste a few roms into the fceugx/roms folder from the root of the sd card, yet they just do not show up under my roms folder within homebrew and the emulator. they obviously are all .nes files, i was curious if I'm suppose to be using a different file extension.

Well, I don't know why it didn't take the first time, but the .nes files work just fine w/the emulator. Thanks for all of your help guys!