Northeast Tourney (Shelburne MA)?

HeHateMe

Cmon man what about Anthony's and Magic Lantern? All quality ladies in the hood of Chicopee. Enough of that... Bring nothing but beer. I got Wii Wii's, old nintendos, a powerpoint projector, a big screen, a sound system, 4 times the steak Quad Steak Burritos, a fire pit, and no neighbors anywhere in site. Looking like late July is a possibility. All worth it to get your ass kicked kids! ;)

Washington DC to Shelburne, MA

436.3 miles

10 hours 12 min (estimate with traffic)

;)

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

My uncle lives about an hour outside of Atlantic City, Jersey. That's not too far from you. Takes about 8 hours to get to his place.

I'm willing to travel to Boston. I'm always up for a tourney almost anywhere in the Northeast. I always felt that folks in the Northeast could consolidate their efforts and try to do something annually, either at a dedicated site in a particular city or possibly alternating cities from year to year.

I'm changing this to the NE tournament.

Good idea! Someone should also put all the primary tourney info and players in the first post.

So you coming??!

I'll leave the organization and rules to someone else. The only restriction I agree with is No Lurching. Other than that, I only follow 2 rules.

1. Always use the Patriots

2. Never bench Grogan

I'm willing to travel to Boston. I'm always up for a tourney almost anywhere in the Northeast. I always felt that folks in the Northeast could consolidate their efforts and try to do something annually, either at a dedicated site in a particular city or possibly alternating cities from year to year.

Your posts have become downright sporadic. How are you, Brian?

I have reserved July 23-24 for the tournament. Does this weekend work for you guys?

I should be a go. Will be on vacation with the fam starting that weekend, but nothing extravagant planned. A few day trips here and there. I'll confirm for sure in the next month or so.

So....does someone feel like organizing this thing/putting rules and a format together....or will it be more of a social event with beer and an occasional game of TSB?

I have never run a Tecmo Tournament, but I have done tons of youth and adult sports ones. I suggest Round Robin; that way everyone can play someone once, and the winner is the person with the most wins. As far as other rules, I could use help in that dept. When we local guys play, we play "normal rules"; but only use ROMS with normal strength teams (no juiced teams), etc...

I am open to suggestions from those that have done this before.

• 1 month later...

Is this tourney a go? I play with a few people in the Bridgewater Area now, using old Nintendo Boxes and controllers. There is a place in town that sells the old boxes for 30 or 40 bucks I'm told. (along with the games) I could get 2 or 3 people for a tourney.

I would definitely go, but getting to a location that's not near a major city is hard to get to for me (us NYC folk don't drive). I'd be more inclined to go if this were in or near a city that I could get to. We should definitely have something in the Northeast, some kind of meetup, even if it's not an official tourney.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Plenty of Russian strippers around here! Half of Greenfield is Moldovan! Tron Special costs extra! :?

What's a Tron Special?!

Bad Moon, do you at least have a date? You're in NYC right so why don't you just book Times Square and we can play on that bigass tv?!! :)