Northeast Tourney (Shelburne MA)?

HeHateMe

I played the Vogt-hosted Symmes Tavern tourny in Ohio a couple years ago and had a blast meeting a lot of down-to-earth people there. I just moved from Ohio to Boston last fall and don't know people out here. Does anyone have connections for a get together/small tournament in the Bay State?? I know there was just something in Philly, but that's a bit of a drive. There has to be more people in Bean Town that play than who's signed up on this site?!

-Bored in Boston

I have a Nintendo and cartridge. Do you have any friends in the area that play? Back in Ohio I knew four guys that I would play regularly, they just weren't into online gaming or going to tournaments, but it made for some random fun a few nights a month.

I could probably get a few guys together. I do have 1 friend with a NES that plays regularly. I'll be at his place for the super bowl and will mention it to him.

To be honest, most of my friends are past the video game stage. They love reliving the days when they ran for 99 yard zig zag TDs and threw 109 yard JJ TDs, but don't have much time to play anymore. I'm the only one who hasn't let go...

Where in MA are you? Right in Boston?

Cool. Well, we have at least four, and with the friends of those four, we could get something really competitive going this year. If a few of us plan a night this coming spring, then again this summer, and in the fall, we will have networked with each others friends enough to all come together and have a decent tournament at a bar/restaurant that could host us with a discount on food?

Maynard, I hear ya! Since moving here I'm strapped for cash, but hoping to get a new job I interviewed for this week!! We don't have to spend much, lets just hang out and play TSB soon, like... March?

Cool. Well, we have at least four

Man, those Midwest Tourneys are so much better ;)

I'm down for getting together sometime this spring...March/April.

You need to start with a base...tournaments grow from a core base of guys.

Well I'm in the hills of Western Mass, and I have access to a place that can host this summer. You can stay there too, but I would have to lock down a date for the summer soon. ;)

We talkin' Pittsfield area?

I'm willing to make the drive if we can get a few ppl.

It a town called Shelburne off Rt. 2. I run a camp up there in the summer. I'll look at our reservations to see if I can reserve a weekend, like a Saturday Afternoon to Sunday Morning so those that live far away can stay over and drive home the next morning. Hungover from TSB of course...

Joy ride w/ Bodom with alcohol on a mission for TSB? Sounds like the beginning of a movie that ends with befriending both a russian stripper and pirate with an unhealthy Steve Grogan infatuation. Count me in.

Since we're heading down Rt2, we can always stop at 'The Other Side' in Fitchburg on the way out. Just saying...

Joy ride w/ Bodom with alcohol on a mission for TSB? Sounds like the beginning of a movie that ends with befriending both a russian stripper and pirate with an unhealthy Steve Grogan infatuation. Count me in.

Since we're heading down Rt2, we can always stop at 'The Other Side' in Fitchburg on the way out. Just saying...

Forget the DAL@NE game in the Fall, I want in on this! ;)

Forget the DAL@NE game in the Fall, I want in on this!

Then get in on it!

PS, I dated a girl from Fitchburg. She was the hottest girl from Fitchburg (not a stripper but an actress, and that's basically the same thing). Unfortunately, being from Fitchburg didn't help her in the brain department...

Forget the DAL@NE game in the Fall, I want in on this!

Then get in on it!

PS, I dated a girl from Fitchburg. She was the hottest girl from Fitchburg (not a stripper but an actress, and that's basically the same thing). Unfortunately, being from Fitchburg didn't help her in the brain department...

Wouldn't it be faster to name cities in Mass where you haven't banged chicks?

I like where this is going!

Google shows it's a 2.25 hour drive from me (Brighton, MA) to Shelburne. I can fit 3 others, plus I have TSB, NES, and a 19" TV to pack. Throw me some beer, or a few bucks for gas, and we're on our way! Let's keep some dates up in the air leading into Summer... I know I have two weddings to attend, and some family stuff here and there, but I want to see this happen.