Las Vegas someday

Problem with Vegas is you wouldn't get many participants. My brother and I, once upon a time, talked about doing the annual Madison tournament there. We concluded we'd lose most of the midwest contingent, as most people wouldn't be willing or financially able to fly out there. It also doesn't seem as though there are many Tecmoers out west. A Vegas tournament, however, would be amazing.

beefman tried to put together a vegas tourney a couple of years ago. he had connections in vegas and a lot of interest so it could be done. but i think part of the reason it fell apart was financial issues and vacation time. I'd love to do it but it would have to be planned out a year before and I'd have to be sure of the participants before I bonned up the money. Better off with regional tourney's in various cities imo.

Problem with Vegas is you wouldn't get many participants. My brother and I, once upon a time, talked about doing the annual Madison tournament there. We concluded we'd lose most of the midwest contingent, as most people wouldn't be willing or financially able to fly out there. It also doesn't seem as though there are many Tecmoers out west. A Vegas tournament, however, would be amazing.

I would think if you wanted to have a "championship" tournament with less people and more games then Vegas makes sense.

However, you then run into the other things you could be doing in vegas issue

• 3 weeks later...

I can guarantee at least 3 players for sure and maybe up to 10 players. I live in Reno and some of my bros who played tecmo with me in the college dorms live in Vegas. IF this ever gets off the ground, keep me in the loop. I'm always bummed that all the cool tourneys are too far away from me.