A few hacking ideas/questions...

Bodom

Not sure if these have ever been discussed or resolved, but here's a few (NES) ideas/questions I have been thinking of...

1. When the COM is running with the ball down the sideline, they never juke. Is it possible to have the COM player react if a defender is in front of them? Top sideline, juke down...bottom sideline, juke up...

2. Can AKB be hacked to split Kicking Distance and Kicking Power? Kicking Ability = Accuracy. Avoid Kick Block = Power...or vice versa. I know no one really cares about kicking, but would be cool to have Low Accuracy/High Power (Janikowski) & High Accuracy/Low Power (Graham).

3. Can the select button (or any button) be used to call a timeout after plays instead of having to go to the menu and scroll down?

4. I can't for the life of me find anywhere that talks about COM Logic when it comes to FGs/4th down conversions/Punts/Onside kicks. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I think #1 is possible and worth looking into.

I have no idea about #2, and really don't care.

I don't know how the controllers are used, but that's a good idea.

#4 has been discussed and broken down, but I don't know where to find it.

but yeah, go ahead and f#ck yourself. :lol:

Not sure if these have ever been discussed or resolved, but here's a few (NES) ideas/questions I have been thinking of...

1. When the COM is running with the ball down the sideline, they never juke. Is it possible to have the COM player react if a defender is in front of them? Top sideline, juke down...bottom sideline, juke up...

2. Can AKB be hacked to split Kicking Distance and Kicking Power? Kicking Ability = Accuracy. Avoid Kick Block = Power...or vice versa. I know no one really cares about kicking, but would be cool to have Low Accuracy/High Power (Janikowski) & High Accuracy/Low Power (Graham).

3. Can the select button (or any button) be used to call a timeout after plays instead of having to go to the menu and scroll down?

4. I can't for the life of me find anywhere that talks about COM Logic when it comes to FGs/4th down conversions/Punts/Onside kicks. Can someone point me in the right direction?

1. That would be nice. I'm guessing it's not easy to do something like that. And in general the COM is still going to be real dumb no matter what you do.

2. That seems more doable.

3. Don't know. Basically there a number of things that exist in other versions of TSB that would be nice to have on the nes version.

4. I think this thread is what you are looking for. I don't know if anyone has detailed it any more than that.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12222

but yeah, go ahead and f#ck yourself. :lol:

Ha. Done!

4. I think this thread is what you are looking for. I don't know if anyone has detailed it any more than that.

Yes...thanks.

So pretty much.

1. Would be nice, but very difficult.

2. Doable, but nobody cares.

3. Cool, but no one knows.

Yes...thanks.

So pretty much.

Yes...thanks.

So pretty much.

Yes it was very difficult, but everything you asked for has already been done by yours truly. Unfortunately for you, I hacked it all out for TSB3, and not the NES version.

Here's my notes, in case you're interested:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11483

amrush

Yes...thanks.

So pretty much.

Yes it was very difficult, but everything you asked for has already been done by yours truly. Unfortunately for you, I hacked it all out for TSB3, and not the NES version.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11483

amrush

Welcome back Amrush!

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

drunken_honkey wrote

amrush wrote

bruddog wrote

Yes...thanks.

So pretty much.

⁠viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11483⁠

amrush

Did you guys ever find the weather bytes?

Nope, but haven't been searching for new things last couple of months. Been focused on completing what we already knew. I haven't even installed your 2pt conversion code you gave me. I have it, just hadn't got to it yet.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

The player AI is on the horizon for TSB3. I have some interesting stuff i found while doing the ratings, but i will hit up the GURU's with the info. Me and DH think we can make the computer "think". OR at least recognize some things. Fingers crossed. Hope to be done with our rom soon, then spend a month on Coach K, then dig into the info and feed bakc for next years ROM. We will definately be done earlier, because most of the R&D is done, now just apply the fun factor will the next step. As for Kicking, i agree it is useless, but is it useless because it lacks the depth that power and accuracy can give it? I know the select button calls timeout on tsb3, maybe if the others don't use it, it can be installed? On that thought, wouldn't be nice if the CPU would call plays fast or slow dpending on the team?