Buffalo Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

The Shredd and Ragan show. 103.3 FM in buffalo is hosting a tecmo super bowl tourney. Details to be announced on Jan 3rd. looks like we got a buffalo tourney in the making.

I've already heard about three commercial's for it in the past 24 hours. Its a very popular rock/alternative show and there talk show has been a top draw for the drive home for years. This should hopefully draw a lot of local people. I'll post any links as I learn more. Hopefully I'll get on the show on the 3rd too.

another update. this tourney will happen. not sure how good it will be to travel too. I don't know much but here is what I've learned.

Its going to involve a qualifying day just to get into the tourney which of course eliminates any serious travelers outside a few hours of the buffalo area.

It will be very soon. Most likely occurring by the end of the month just before if not the same week as the Cleveland event.

Proceeds are going to charity so the prize may not be a cash prize. There will be a prize for winning. This station gives out some really cool shit for its promo's.

There is no clue on what game play rules will be. It might be anything goes. Team selection might be anything. (which is not a bad thing for those with less experience or those with more experience).

Supposedly a real live radio announcement is coming on Monday. Lou and I will be listening when we can. Which is difficult for me as most of my work shift overlaps the 3-7 show this will be announced on.

Still despite some misgivings this I have a feeling this is going to be a good tourney with a fairly large local turnout. With any luck it will be a annual event if it goes well. Which may eventually lead to a better format for those from outside the WNY area.