The Mental Bowl (Tecmo Bowl recap)

TecmoTurd

I just played the most epic game of Tecmo Bowl I've ever played in my life vs. bpkcchiefs. There was a lot on the line for this game. For me, I didn't want to let a new guy to the scene beat me. For him, he wanted to show me he could play, and get his first win. We picked two high octane passing teams in hopes to have a little more scoring and end the night with a bang. I was the Colts, he was the Saints.

The first big play of note was an int from Manning to Sharper near the end-zone, ending a nice drive with sadness.

He comes back and fires a TD pass to Colston from within the redzone.

I answer right back with a couple of nice passes to wide open Dallas Clark, finishing off the drive with a TD involving Clark again. Tied up 7-7.

He throws an int to Bethea, but forces a punt and gets the ball back.

He throws another int this time to Freeney. I toss up a hail mary at half and he gets a garbage int by Shanle.

I get the ball at half, drive, and miss a field goal due to panic when his guy rushed in to block. Another second and I'd still have had time and would have made it.

Saints drive and kick a field goal that barely made it in. 10-7 Saints.

Colts drive again, Manning throws another costly pick on the goal line.

At this point, it was an exchange of playpicks and punts. I tried scoring one last time, but he stopped me, and I had completely thrown in the towel. I did force a punt with very little time left, and he punts full power to my own 20. I get the ball with 12 seconds left.

I make some sweet decisions and was able to move the ball across the field. Each time, I realized 3 seconds came off the clock. I run two plays. It'd be a real risky FG at that point. I told myself that I could get another 3 second pass off and maybe get further downfield to get the FG. I end up completing a pass over the middle, and panic as time runs out. I get out of bounds, the screen fades to black, and I made it! 1 second left on the 20 yard line. I kick an easy FG and tie it up. Sudden death at 10 a piece.

I get the ball, drive. Ready for the game winning FG, his defender gets tied up on my blocker, so I have an easy shot at the FG. I slip, hit the button, miss the damn FG.

I make a big stop on 4th and 1 with a playpick on my own 40. Drive stalls, game winner is up, and it's no good again! Another miss!

Saints are driving, but Brees throws a costly int to Freeney in my territory.

I get it back, and throw an int to Sharper. Christ. This is getting rediculous.

But, I make a big stop on the 50 yard line with a 3 for 3 play pick extravaganza.

I make a HUGE pass to Clark to get the 1st down on a LOOONG 3rd down (player was off-screen, and he misread the distance). I got lucky and it was completed.

I kick the game winner from the 20 to end what we're dubbing the Mental Bowl for all the god damned mental mistakes we made.

Indianapolis

Manning: 1TD, 4 int

Clark: 1 TD

Bethea: 1 int

Freeney: 2 int

Vinatieri: 2/5 FG

New Orleans

Brees: 1 TD, 3 int

Colston: 1 TD

Sharper: 2 int

Shanle: 1 int

Unknown: 1 int