7th Annual Madison Tecmo Tournament

holzy11

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lessons from Tecmo Wasteland (Minnesota) this past weekend:

(1) Always protect NES equipment in Tecmo Wasteland with a radiation suit. Unprotected equipment is prone to future malfunction;

(2) "BestinWorld" did not lose his touch during his 18 month Tecmo hiatus. In a room that included three other champions of various tournaments, he went 4-1 during the round robin. If he doesn't advance deep into the tournament, it will surprise;

(3) Citing potential conflicts, Sconnie refuses to commit for the tournament. For those of you who do not know, Sconnie is an online Tecmo legend and one of the better Tecmoers out there. Bill, as one of the better players, we need you there. You can carpool with Ed. No excuses;

(4) Drinking and driving has nothing on Ed drinking while Tecmoing. Rough night for drunken Ed.

Have you guys considered bringing someone in to sing the national anthem?

That would bring an air of professionalism to this tournament Rod. I doubt thats going to happen. As it is, whoever we brought in would get drunk watching the Tecmo before the actual tournament starts.

Have you guys considered bringing someone in to sing the national anthem?

That would bring an air of professionalism to this tournament Rod. I doubt thats going to happen. As it is, whoever we brought in would get drunk watching the Tecmo before the actual tournament starts.

You'll need to explain to me how you got a 10 year old singing prodigy drunk

Gentlemen:

A reminder that "Tecmo VII: The Hoss Whisperer" is three weeks from this Saturday (i.e. March 5, 2011). 128 guys are presently signed up. Please take note of the following:

(1) A list of the groups will be sent out via email the week of February 28th. They will additionally be posted on the website, along with a sample bracket. The morning wave will start group play at 10:00 a.m. on March 5 and complete group play by 12:30 p.m. Afternoon group play will commence at 12:30 p.m. The opening round of single-elimination will start around 3:00-3:30 p.m.

(2) If you can no longer make the tournament, please go to the website (

Looking forward to seeing everyone on March 5th. The Hoss awaits.

Gentlemen:

A reminder that "Tecmo VII: The Hoss Whisperer" is three weeks from this Saturday (i.e. March 5, 2011). 128 guys are presently signed up. Please take note of the following:

(1) A list of the groups will be sent out via email the week of February 28th. They will additionally be posted on the website, along with a sample bracket. The morning wave will start group play at 10:00 a.m. on March 5 and complete group play by 12:30 p.m. Afternoon group play will commence at 12:30 p.m. The opening round of single-elimination will start around 3:00-3:30 p.m.

(2) If you can no longer make the tournament, please go to the website (http://www.tecmomadison.com) and withdraw immediately. Please do not be "the guy" who withdraws after the groups have already been announced.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on March 5th. The Hoss awaits.

Life Lessons from Tecmo: Pull out sooner than later

Life Lessons from Tecmo: Pull out sooner than later

Sounds like a man with some illegitimate children out there somewhere. Maybe we need a condition check on Rod.

Luckily for the city of Wisconsin I'm a married man or I might have gone Cromartie on their above average sized asses last tourney

Luckily for the city of Wisconsin I'm a married man or I might have gone Cromartie on their above average sized asses last tourney

That would have been epic, playing above your stats like that.

Above the stats?

post-2-13413728929707_thumb.png

Hey there holzy, just sent you an email, not sure if anyone is manning that inbox on your site...

I saw my name/handle on the competitors/registration page a week or two ago...

Tonight I currently see 142 competitors, but now my name appears to be missing! Yikes! ;)

Am I looking in the right place on the site?

http://www.tecmomadison.com/Competitors

I registered for the tourney on Jan 7 and still plan to attend.

I am coming from Tampa, FL and have already purchased my flight tickets.

I'm flying into Milwaukee and have family gonna pick me up there.

Can you please confirm that you still have me on the list?

Thanks man!

Ron K (aka TechMobile)

75 in IWB not something I would want. I'd prefer a 6 at the highest.

You would have nothing to worry about Tony. Technically Jamie is from Jersey or something so having a 75 in IWB is perfectly fine for you. A 75 in IJB would be bad.