Chicago Tourney Live thread

Knobbe

Games started a little late due to people rolling in late, but Odell has the tourney humming along.

Miller lite is flowing and I should have the championship game live.

Also, clips to follow

Posting pics of players is cool because we can finally put a face with a name. Nice TSB jerseys! (I'll squint and pretend it's a Singletary)

Yeah, it was really cool to finally get to meet some of the guys from this site, like Rod, Buck, Eric (O'Dell), Erik Johnson, ImFlo and Mort. All those guys from Madison were pretty cool too, all extremely dedicated TSB fans! Had a real fun time at the tourney, watching how people play and learning new tricks at the same time. Great job Eric (O'Dell) for organizing the entire event! I'm still fairly new at playing the Old School Tecmo rom as I've been mostly playing the new hacked roms from this site. My friend HYPO has been playing the original for 25+ years and he finally got me into playing it again a few years back. I don't even have a retro nes system anymore as I think mine was sold for spare parts years ago.

Overall, had a fun time. Glad I got to meet almost everyone. I'm motivated now to get an original retro nes system and start practicing old school TSB all over again. Hopefully I can give everyone a better challenge next time.

I'm motivated now to get an original retro nes system and start practicing old school TSB all over again. Hopefully I can give everyone a better challenge next time.

Playing the new roms will definitely hurt your original TSB skills! I play on my pc more than I do my NES and using a PS2 style controller also hurts my skills. I need to man up and get a NES controller with USB hook up so my pc feels more old school.