NES, SNES TSB I, II, & III, GEN TSB I

xplozv

• 8 months later...

Do the DA and DD commands correspond exactly with (or code directly to) the BC AA (follow blitz) and AD AA (QB blitz) blitzes respectively or are these different commands with similar discriptions only?

Also, the "NES Play Design Info" thread has the following man-to-man code: x11 to x1A. There is also a FF (XX) BE code. I'm sire there's a third, but I can't find the thread where I read it. I think it was discussed that no one had found where exactly the different man codes loaded to in the game. Has this been located? I'm thinking if it were, you could give one set of reaction times to LB's in coverage, another to S's and a final (tighter) one to CB's.

Just curious.

• 2 months later...

xplozv just wanted toknow if you have ported the......

-Pass Accuracy (now the chance of a pass being completed)

http://tecmobowl.org...-nes-pc-and-pa/

-(max spd. of defensive player after a fumble/int.)

http://tecmobowl.org...uickness speed

-Defense (3-4 & 4-3 formations)

http://tecmobowl.org...nd-43-defenses/

from the NES to SNES verion. From my understanding you are the man who's known for this.

Also, would it be

possible

to get the in game stat tracking of TSB II & III in the TSB. For instance regarding QB's, it shows, comp, comp %, yds, TD and INT, and for receivers it includes receptions, yds, TD for ALL recevers not just the one with the most yards. Even TSB (Genesis) states how many passes a team has attempted which the SNES version doesn't do and that's beyond me.

Edited by thalivest

• 8 months later...

I believe that's how it works. I haven't tested that, however, considering the 1.5 sec delay of "A9 1E", that has to be the defender's reaction to the offensive player's y direction. That seems to be how the programmers made the zig-zagging downfield possible.

The first location is for the "DA" command, and the second location is for the "DD" command. Diving to tackle is coded within each of the 2 commands along with their reaction time. So you can actually change either/or to chase without diving and then give the command to still dive to some players and not others. That's just one possible scenario you can use.

It will branch to the jumping animation 25% of the time. This still works if defensive diving is enabled.

I wanted to make a correction here.  For the NES TSB rom the string beginning @28dd6 controls pass rushing, while @28e9c you'll see the run pursuit material.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to make a correction here.  For the NES TSB rom the string beginning @28dd6 controls pass rushing, while @28e9c you'll see the run pursuit material.

I assume this is changing values from the first post.

Can you specifically paste in what the original information was so that I for sure update the right thing?

I should have looked at this in more detail before I posted.  My apologies.  I was under the impression that AD AA was the pass rush command (linked to DD) and BC AA was the run command (linked to DA).  You'll see below that it's the opposite.  The bytes that you need to change for the reaction times are marked in red.

ADAA, which is FC FF E0 DA FE FC E4 FC (@aabd) is located at @28dd6 and the bytes in red are what you'll need to change:  A2 99 20 4B AA 90 E1 A9 1E 20 CB DA 4C AE 8D A9 05 20;

BCAA, which is FC FF E0 DD FE FC DB FE (@aacc) is located at @28e9c:  A2 99 20 4B AA 90 AD A9 1E 20 CB DA 4C 40 8E A9 05 20.

• 2 months later...

I like the franchise qb hack; however, can anyone figure out how to maintain control of the qb in the 28 team NES version after he passes the ball?   If you have to make a tackle after an INT the qb remains motionless and you don't have control of any player on the field...that is a bit frustrating!!

Thanks.

Edited by War6

• 1 month later...

What do the two separate recation time variables do? Is one for the x direction and another for the y direction?

ie.

A9 1E

A9 05

Also what are the two different locations for? One for pass plays and one for run plays? Or do you know?

I believe that's how it works. I haven't tested that, however, considering the 1.5 sec delay of "A9 1E", that has to be the defender's reaction to the offensive player's y direction. That seems to be how the programmers made the zig-zagging downfield possible.

The first location is for the "DA" command, and the second location is for the "DD" command. Diving to tackle is coded within each of the 2 commands along with their reaction time. So you can actually change either/or to chase without diving and then give the command to still dive to some players and not others. That's just one possible scenario you can use.

ADAA, which is FC FF E0 DA FE FC E4 FC (@aabd) is located at @28dd6 and the bytes in red are what you'll need to change:  A2 99 20 4B AA 90 E1 A9 1E 20 CB DA 4C AE 8D A9 05 20;

BCAA, which is FC FF E0 DD FE FC DB FE (@aacc) is located at @28e9c:  A2 99 20 4B AA 90 AD A9 1E 20 CB DA 4C 40 8E A9 05 20.

Whoa!  How have I never seen this before?  This info just changed my world.

• 11 months later...

Tony Romo Fumbled Snap Hacks

NES =

SET(0x28CE5,0x4CCBFFEAEA) Jump to Shotgun Snap Code

SET(0x3FFDB,0xA53BC901B008A92020CBDA4CDA8CA90120CBDA4CDA8C) How often shotgun snap is fumbled

SET(0x28D39,0x4CB5FFEAEA) Jump to FG Snap Code

SET(0x3FFC5,0xA53BC901B008A92420CBDA4C2E8DA90120CBDA4C2E8D) How often ROMO fumbles the fg snap

SET(0x292EC,0x4C95BFEAEA) Jump to Punter Snap Code

*** Make sure nothing is located where the next punter snap code is going ***

SET(0x2BFA5,0xA53BC901B008A93C20CBDA4CE192A90120CBDA4CE192) How often the punter fumbles the long snap

SET(0x4E42,0x2ABE) These next two keeps FG Kicker from recovering fumble as he would immune to tackles

SET(0x4E5A,0x2ABE)

SET(0x4E9E,0x77BF) These next two jump to recovering player's speed

SET(0x4ECE,0x77BF)

SET(0x9F87,0xE100E200E300E000E4DFFEFF)Adjust recovering player's speed here

Which values affect the probability of a fumble? I was just playing around with this hack as it is; I didn't run into any fumbles on FG or Punt snaps yet (probably not a large enough sample size yet), but I did fumble three shotgun snaps in one game, which seems like a lot.

Why would the kicker be immune to tackles, and is there a hack to make him NOT immune to tackles? (It'd be great to pick up the ball with the kicker a gain some yardage or a score without it being "cheating!")

• 4 weeks later...

This addresses the defensive position choice code for the NES version, which had only been posted for SNES in the initial post for this thread.  I haven't figured all of this out, but this is what I know

• *@25410:                                      54 85 88 A9 BF 85 84 A9 04 85 85 A9 00 85 44 AD
    • Original rom:                       4B 85 88 A9 9F 85 84 A9 03 85 85 A9 00 85 44 AD
    • The 54 gets you to the FS if you counnt from 4B
    • This is for player 1 and has to be used in combination with the below code.  Also, only these things need to be changed in order to get what you want.  There are no other necessary modifications that need to be made to the code.
    • I don't know what BF instead of 9F is doing, but to choose the TCB the other rom (Pick Six) has this same byte as 7F....

• @254A0:                           A9 09 85 45 4C A3 94 A9 09 85 45 C9 0B 90 04 A9
    • Original rom:            A9 0A 85 45 4C A3 94 E6 45 A5 45 C9 0B 90 04 A9
    • The Pick Six has the 09 as 07
    • Again, both of the above need to be changed for player 1.  Player 2 is below.

• *@254D0:                         80 85 45 A9 54 85 89 A9 1F 85 86 A9 06 85 87 A9
    • Original rom:           80 85 45 A9 4B 85 89 A9 FF 85 86 A9 04 85 87 A9
      • The 06 is 05 in the Pick Six rom; also the 1F is DF in the Pick Six (TCB) rom
        • This is the cursor starting position for player 2.

• @25560:                            C6 45 EA EA A9 89 85 45 4C 67 95 A9 89 A5 45 C9
    • Original rom:            C6 45 30 13   A9 8A 85 45 4C 67 95 E6 45 A5 45 C9
      • The A9 89 is A9 87 in the Pick Six rom

I'll edit this more when I find out something.  I still can't get to what I want though, which is to disable MAN control of the defense for MAN players.

P.S.:  Clearly all of this is xplozv's information; I just opened the rom and played with it some.

Edited by quince3800

• 1 year later...

Starting @BE00 you have the following:  01 00 FE FE 02 00 FE FE 03 00 FE FE 04 00 FE FE 05 00 FE FE 11 00 FE EA 12 00 FE EA 13 00 FE EA 14 00 FE EA 15 00 FE EA

These are man coverage codes assigning defenders to RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2 and the TE respectively; however, what's the difference between them?  Also, what is the EA doing?  That's 21 spots, which seems to link the 1X 00 FE EA back to the 0X 00 FE FE sequences.  Do these have to be moved/pasted together then?  Are there in fact two man coverage commands?  The computer seems to use two, but I don't know why in any detail.  Also, the play commands discussion thread suggests that there are two.  Does anyone know anything about this?

@quince3800

The difference between the 0x commands and the 1x commands is pretty tiny and hard to see on screen. You have to do something like i did int his vid to see it. 

Basically the first set of commands are slightly tighter coverage. The 0x0X commands won't start slowing the defender down until they are within 1.25 yards of the player. The 0x1X commands starts slowing them down when they are within 2 yards. 

Thanks.  Two follow-up questions then:

1. Do we know the specific area in the 28XXX range where this is controlled?  (Or would that just require an FCEUX investigation)?
  2. What's with the FE EA (loop/jump back 21 bytes) command for the 1X commands?

1 minute ago, quince3800 said:

Thanks.  Two follow-up questions then:

1. Do we know the specific area in the 28XXX range where this is controlled?  (Or would that just require an FCEUX investigation)?
  2. What's with the FE EA (loop/jump back 21 bytes) command for the 1X commands?

1. Yes

2. Not sure why this was done. Doesn't seem like it has a meaningful reason....

@9f4a/49f4c:  FC FF E0 DD FE FC controls the offensive pursuit against fumble and INT returns

@9f53/49f55:  FC FF E0 DD FE FC controls the punt team pursuit

@9f42/49f44:  FC FF E0 DA FE FC seems to control the pursuit of some (like 2--it's hard to tell) offensive players after fumbles on special teams, but I'm not sure whom

However, I haven't found what I'm looking for, which is how to control the pursuit command used after 1) defensive mirroring and 2) in all instances after a catch (m2m both when coming off of another receiver to make a tackle and as the primary coverage player, deep coverage (D7 00 C0 FE FD), coming off the DA/DD command and stand forever (F4 00 FE FE) zone), which is DD (I've tested).

Presently if you change DD to DA @aacf (bascially the FF BC AA player pointer go to location), then the post-reception pursuit will change.  What I don't know is why.  What I'd like to do is set the follow-up to the DB command to DA (for LBs) and the place a random on the DD/DA thing after a reception if possible.  Does anyone know what calls this up?  (The DB sequence [DB FE FF @aad2] is just telling the player to DB over and over again).

Further note:  once a defensive player has cross the LOS, he takes the command listed beginning @aabd (FF AD AA, which is DA) to pursue after the catch... so basically I think I should be able to do part of what I want by just changing the hex relating to the DA (@28dd6) and DD (@28e9c).  I'd still like ot be able to create a random for the post-reception stuff though

Edited by quince3800
More information

On 5/1/2016 at 1:34 AM, bruddog said:

1. Yes

2. Not sure why this was done. Doesn't seem like it has a meaningful reason....

After the sequence starting @28770 you'll see @287be A0 0B 91.  I'm not sure what this does, but @287c4 A0 1D 91 allows you to adjust a player using a 1X 00 FE EA command where FE EA directs them back to 0X 00 FE FE (see the above discussion).  Increasing this byte smooths out the defenders "kickback" in MAN coverage (his slowdown won't be so drastic).

Edited by quince3800
I think I found the 2m2 code location

@2A37E, 2A380 sets the coverage limits for the 0x coverage commangs.

The default = 0x0A = 1.5 yards  

@2A385, 2A387 sets the coverage limits for the 1x coverage commangs.

The default = 0x10 = 2 yards  

The coverage limits tell the defender when to start slowing down....

On 5/4/2016 at 9:27 PM, quince3800 said:

Presently if you change DD to DA @aacf (bascially the FF BC AA player pointer go to location), then the post-reception pursuit will change.  What I don't know is why.  What I'd like to do is set the follow-up to the DB command to DA (for LBs) and the place a random on the DD/DA thing after a reception if possible.  Does anyone know what calls this up?  (The DB sequence [DB FE FF @aad2] is just telling the player to DB over and over again).

@Bruddog:  Thank you for the help on the m2m thing.  I don't get what that other byte is doing though.  It was very inconsistent when I kept testing it.

@7760/47760 there are a series of pointers that assign everyone's after the catch and over the LOS pursuit command.  It seems that regardless of the initial FF YY ZZ command that's called these pointers kick in.  Maybe this is just new to me.  I haven't looked at what the other code here does, although some of it controls pointers to celebration and "depression" command locations.

@76b8 controls defensive pursuit after an offensive player has recovered a fumble after an INT

Edited by quince3800
adding a location

56 minutes ago, quince3800 said:

@Bruddog:  Thank you for the help on the m2m thing.  I don't get what that other byte is doing though.  It was very inconsistent when I kept testing it.

@7760/47760 there are a series of pointers that assign everyone's after the catch and over the LOS pursuit command.  It seems that regardless of the initial FF YY ZZ command that's called these pointers kick in.  Maybe this is just new to me.  I haven't looked at what the other code here does, although some of it controls pointers to celebration and "depression" command locations.

#1 The second byte in the man 2 man command is how long to cover for in # of frames.  But the reason is appears to do nothing is in all the cases it loops back to that same command so they would then cover forever.

#2 That is correct. After a catch or LOS cross one of the two chase commands is loaded in via the overall game logic. That section  deals with  special situations (fumbles, kickoffs, chase,etc). I don't think all of the sequences in that sectoin get used but i could be wrong.