QB HItting Power

biw314

Traditionally, QBs are tough to take down once you are grappling them. It feels like they have high hitting power but a quick check shows that most if not all QBs have a HP of 13. Is that attribute meaningless when the QB is behind the line of scrimmage or something?

Traditionally, QBs are tough to take down once you are grappling them. It feels like they have high hitting power but a quick check shows that most if not all QBs have a HP of 13. Is that attribute meaningless when the QB is behind the line of scrimmage or something?

If you're talking MAN vs MAN on original rom, then HP is always meaningless, it's all about tapping. Against CPU it works the same as any other grapple. A 63hp defender will popcorn a 13hp QB. The QB gets no boost behind the LOS that I am aware of.

If you're talking MAN vs MAN on original rom, then HP is always meaningless, it's all about tapping. Against CPU it works the same as any other grapple. A 63hp defender will popcorn a 13hp QB. The QB gets no boost behind the LOS that I am aware of.

Let me preface by saying that I have never played online and rarely play against the computer. It would seem to me that if only tapping mattered, then Okoye would be no tougher to bring down than Dave Meggett. Can that be true?

Let me preface by saying that I have never played online and rarely play against the computer. It would seem to me that if only tapping mattered, then Okoye would be no tougher to bring down than Dave Meggett. Can that be true?

That is totally true. Hitting Power will only help Okoye against COM drones that have 44 or less HP - because he will buck them. Against a MAN controlled defender, HP is meaningless, like BO said.

Thanks for the responses. This seems to be consistent with my experience that QB seems to be strong against MAN controlled players. It's not that he's strong, it's that he is equal. Thanks again.

I actually understand what your saying. It seems as if when I play the Lions, when Rodney Peete does his bootleg, I get thrown off of him pretty easy. QB Eagles does this as well. If you don't dive at him right away, he breaks the tackle.

If i remeber right, the code has a cpu check in the string, and i think it is a hp boost on qb's for pass plays. haven't looked at the original code in a while, me and dh have removed it from our tsb 3 edit. i think on the original consoles, hp had a little factor in man vs man, becasue it was always harder to tap out of tackles with lesser players. This is coming from a 9.6 100 m track and field tapper.