QBEagles's 2010-2011 TSB NES ROM

QBEagles

(Version 2 has a small fixs with Cle and Atl starting lineups. Now the Tailback is getting 3 carries and the FB is getting 1. Sorry I missed that.)

Hello,

Here is my version TSB 2010.

First off I would like to thank Buck for all of his help, thanks Buck.

I tried to make this rom as similar to the original TSB as possible. The rating system I created is 100% based off of the original game (ie Bo Jackson and Chris Johnson are very similar players). I have sliced and diced the original game down to the last detail. The best player at each position is equal or less than to the best player in the original TSB. I basically grouped certain categories together. For example, let’s take running backs. In the original TSB, there were 4 types of Backs, you had your FB, Big Tail Backs, Fast Tail Backs and Average Tail Back. I kept each combination RS, MS and HP together. Based off of the style of the back and his ability, I assigned them RS, MS and HP. This way you do not get any strange super TSB hybrids of Christen Okoya and Bo Jackson. I did this for every position, so, for instance, you may notice that D. Ware is comparable to LT.

The rosters are updated as of September 6th (if something happened since then I tried to catch it). All of the player photos, players and rankings have been updated for this year. If someone was put on the IR and did not have an injury settlement (ie D. Avery) I kept them on the team. I tried to include all first round picks from this year’s draft whenever possible. The lineups are based off of my projections for the year, not necessarily week 1 starters. If a defense was a 4-3 I converted it to a 3-4 by adding a team’s best backup in: DE moves to the OLB, SS moves MLB or add in best backup LB.

I spent a lot of time designing different play books. They are meant so as not to give any 100% tells, but they are not impossible to stop. I try to tailor each playbook to each team’s strengths and NFL styles.

I also spent a lot of time trying to get my sims to be close to what we would see in the NFL (for total yds, not ypc).

About the rom:

-32 team rom (in my opinion, the best thing to come from the internet, ever)

-Adjusted Quarter Times

-In game playbook updates

-Team Colors have been updated

-Pass Accuracy Hack (pass control is how "on target" a pass is & pass accuracy is used for determining whether a ball is a catch, drop, or interception)

-Quickness Hack (quickness is used as Max Speed for defensive int/fumble returns)

-Punt Returners use their own Max Speed

-Kick Returners use their own Max Speed

-HP Hack (Hitting Power is factored into grapples)

-No Auto-Dive for Passes

-Shorter Punts (around 65 yard max)

-All Kickoffs range from 20 yd to middle of endzone

-Player 2 Condition indicator fix

-Scoreboard at half time

I would very gladly appreciate any feedback you might have on my rom.

2010-11 TSB QBEagles.rar.zip

2010-11 TSB QBEagles v2.rar.zip

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comment about the 4-3 defense. I do think it’s pretty cool to have a 4-3, but I do not think I’m going to add that this season. I did think about it, but this rom is more of a traditional rom and the hacks that are implemented in this rom are more to correct errors or clarify something from the original TSB. I feel that adding a 4-3 changes the game to much for what my goals for the game are, which is to keep the game as close to the original game. Also if I did add a 4-3 in now I would have to be some major changes to my defensive ratings, which are based off of the original game.

Just a general question about the 4-3 design in TSB, is it easier to run an outside pitch because DE cannot get out as fast as an OLB and harder to run inside? How does it change the general flow of the game? I have seen it, but never really played with it much.

This sounds good, I might try it out when I get time. I rate my players in almost the same way, and I think I finally got what I want in my '09 rom. If I like yours I will probably use it as a base to make an end of season update for myself.

Great, please let me know what you think of the rosters and i hope use it. I am very curious to see if people agree (or at least understand where I'm coming from) with my rosters. Please let me know if you would like any other information about how my rosters were assigned values. I tried very hard not tip the balance to either to the offensive or defense.

I think Reid said Kolb was still their #1 QB, which is a shame. Vick played brilliantly on Sunday.

I agree. Vick can throw better than Kolb, and he was scrambling like he used to with atlanta. Doesn't make sense to me... but give Kolb a few more games of doing absolutely nothing then I guarantee they go back to Vick

It looks like Vick will get the start this week, I'm still not switching him the rom yet to make him a starter. I'll give it another week or so.

Just wondering has anyone tried out my playbooks? Are they to easy, to hard? (known issues- Run 2 for INDis incorrect, it should be R&S Draw; HOU Pass 3 &$ should be Shotgun X Drive and Slot L Z Drive; I will fix in the next version of the rom)

I really liked your playbooks. I tried to do the same with my ROM as well. It is a lot more fun to play against a "no tell offense," very well done. I was about to finish typing the sentence "Vick is more mobile than Kolb and he does have a cannon for an arm, those old powerade commercials didn't exaggerate by much, but is he accurate enough to run the west coast off..." but McNabb wasn't really that accurate either and he did a fine job in Philadelphia, and Vick looks good running around out there, so maybe it will all work out.

I really liked your playbooks. I tried to do the same with my ROM as well. It is a lot more fun to play against a "no tell offense," very well done. I was about to finish typing the sentence "Vick is more mobile than Kolb and he does have a cannon for an arm, those old powerade commercials didn't exaggerate by much, but is he accurate enough to run the west coast off..." but McNabb wasn't really that accurate either and he did a fine job in Philadelphia, and Vick looks good running around out there, so maybe it will all work out.

Right now in my TSB 10-11 season and Vick is starting for me, so maybe it will work for the birds too. McNabb could always make the hard passes, but put a running back wide open 7 yards in front of him, the ball would bounce off the ground a foot in front of him. Enjoy Skins :)

Thanks for trying out the playbooks!

I just finished my first season using the eagles. We got the 1 seed in the NFC with a 12-4 record. After week 4 vick was my man at qb. I then was sent home in my first playoff game (thanks McCoy for lossing the ball on 5 instead of taking it in for the winning score- sorry for venting, I was complaining to wife about McCoy and she responded by asking didn't you create the roster, she had a point, I refuse to make the eagles great just for personal happiness. The eagles def is the main problem, in tsb and the NFL, they are just ok. Now I'm giving it another try. This season is with the ravens (much better def)

I'm hoping to have a final release of this rom done by next week (after my ravens season, earlier I posted 2 known issues with the playbooks, if I find anyothers, I'll post them before I do the final version.

Last thing, if anyone has finished a season using this rom let me know how it went. Don't just tell me what you liked, but also what you did not like. The only way I can get better at this us with your feedback.

Thanks

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

pretty good rom.. revis is kinda low imo but other than that everyone's pretty even. I wish there was a rom to check defensive physical conditions :/ but that's besides the point lol.

I think being able to check the status of your defensive of players in game would be a great idea. Saying that, I have no idea how this would be done, but hey, cxrom did create a 32 team rom where you can edit your plays in the middle of the game, so anything is possible (i still say, the best thing to come from the internet to date).

For Revis, he is the best corner in the rom. In the original game TSB the best CB was Rod Woodson (RS 44, RP 56, MS 75, HP 69, INT 63, QC 75). In my rom the rule I set for myself was no one could greater then best player of the original. Revis is Woodson with minor change, his INT 77 and OC 63).

Thanks for the rating comment, your my first one, i thought i would get more of them along the way.

Thanks for the rating comment, your my first one, i thought i would get more of them along the way.

You will be sorely disappointed if you're investing energy into this hoping to get 1/4th of that in return. :D

If you're looking for commentary, I would propose asking questions. Questions are easier for people to answer/speak up about than general critical response. Chances are, the kind of constructive criticism you'd be hoping for wouldn't come anyway. Create some questions based off of what you don't like about your own ROM, or what you would like to make different, and peeps might be able to lend an insight or help you solve a problem.

You will be sorely disappointed if you're investing energy into this hoping to get 1/4th of that in return. :D

If you're looking for commentary, I would propose asking questions. Questions are easier for people to answer/speak up about that general critical response. Chances are, the kind of constructive criticism you'd be hoping for wouldn't come anyway. Create some uestions based off of what you don't like about your own ROM, or what you would like to make different, and peeps might be able to lend an insight or help you solve a problem.

I'm just really happy people are downloading and enjoying the game. The previous 2 years (my experiment roms) were only enjoyed by a handful of my friends.

Thanks for the advise and better expectations.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi QBEagles,

I've been playing your ROM for a while now, and I have to say that for the most part I enjoy it very much. I am having fun with it. My only real criticism has to do with grappling. It's virtually impossible to break a tackle now. If the defense grabs onto my player, I have no way to keep them from going down. This has led to a lot of plays getting blown up in the backfield, and some are over even before they have an ounce of time to develop. At first I didn't mind so much, but it's getting more and more noticeable and it is becoming frustrating to deal with. I would rather have the grappling system the way it used to work, when it was easier to break tackles.

One other small cosmetic detail: On the main menu, it still says "2007 NFL" when it should say "2010 NFL". It looks fine in season mode, it's just the menu that has that error.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is my version TSB 2010. I tried to make this rom as similar to the original TSB as possible. The rating system I created is 100% based off of the original game (ie Bo Jackson and Chris Johnson are very similar players). I have sliced and diced the original game down to the last detail.I would very gladly appreciate any feedback you might have on my rom.

I love this idea. I considered doing the same thing. I have no idea how I missed this thread -- I guess I've been too swamped to see it until now. Good job!

(Version 2 has a small fixs with Cle and Atl starting lineups. Now the Tailback is getting 3 carries and the FB is getting 1. Sorry I missed that.)

Is that the only difference between your version 1 and 2? I'm confused.

-32 team rom (in my opinion, the best thing to come from the internet, ever)

-Adjusted Quarter Times

-In game playbook updates

-Team Colors have been updated

-Player 2 Condition indicator fix

-Scoreboard at half time

I get that these hacks have been added to your rom as they improve upon the original yet keep the same original TSB feel.

-Pass Accuracy Hack (pass control is how "on target" a pass is & pass accuracy is used for determining whether a ball is a catch, drop, or interception)

-Quickness Hack (quickness is used as Max Speed for defensive int/fumble returns)

-Punt Returners use their own Max Speed

-Kick Returners use their own Max Speed

-HP Hack (Hitting Power is factored into grapples)

-No Auto-Dive for Passes

-Shorter Punts (around 65 yard max)

-All Kickoffs range from 20 yd to middle of endzone

I do NOT get why these hacks have been added to your rom as they seem to seriously alter the original TSB feel. Before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm not saying they don't improve the game but they definitely go away from your original creation process as you wanted to "make this rom as similar to the original TSB as possible".

Lastly, I was thinking I could solve this problem (that maybe only I see :wink:) by simply pulling your rosters from Tool and dropping them into the Knobbe 2009 or 2007 Original 32 Team rom that I know is hack-less.

Again, good work!

Hi QBEagles,

I've been playing your ROM for a while now, and I have to say that for the most part I enjoy it very much. I am having fun with it. My only real criticism has to do with grappling. It's virtually impossible to break a tackle now. If the defense grabs onto my player, I have no way to keep them from going down. This has led to a lot of plays getting blown up in the backfield, and some are over even before they have an ounce of time to develop. At first I didn't mind so much, but it's getting more and more noticeable and it is becoming frustrating to deal with. I would rather have the grappling system the way it used to work, when it was easier to break tackles.

One other small cosmetic detail: On the main menu, it still says "2007 NFL" when it should say "2010 NFL". It looks fine in season mode, it's just the menu that has that error.

Hi-Thanks for the comments. As I play my rom I struggle with the same problems. I have more problems on the other side of the ball. I have a hell of time tackling people once the "juice" weeks come into play. Ray Lewis would loss a grapple to Drew Brees 9 out of 10 times. On the flip side, I now lose to the cpu once and awhile. I like the competition. I don't know what I will do for the next rom, but I do agree, hitting A B does not work well on this rom after week 8.