mrpaulryan's Tecmo Super Bowl 2010-2011 (10/17/10 rosters)

mrpaulryan

This is my second year releasing a rom. I've learned quite a bit since last year, having studied the attributes of the original game pretty extensively (see my spreadsheet). This rom is for anyone interested in the feel of the original without gameplay or graphics hacks (except 32 teams and adjustable quarter lengths). I greatly appreciate any feedback, positive or otherwise. Download below. :)

ROSTERS

Depth charts are from Yahoo Sports, though I've included some rookies like Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy as backup QBs because I figured people would enjoy playing with those guys. Injured or suspended players who aren't out the full season are included as backups. As in last year's rom, there's lots of attention to detail with player likenesses, uniforms, etc.

RATINGS

I based attributes solely on last year's stats. All are within the ranges of the original game. Simulation stats and rankings are realistic. RBs rarely get 2,000 yards, receivers rarely get more than 1,400, and only a few quarterbacks are capable of 40 TDs. Since it's TSB, there will always be seasons where bad teams do well or good teams go sour, but people who value realistic simulations should be happy with the results.

HACKS

Only the ones used in Cxrom's 32-team rom (version 1.05). So no juicing, no adjustments to kick or punt returns, etc. I like to stay as close to the original gameplay and visuals as possible.

UPDATE HISTORY

v1.1 - Updated rosters (10/17/10)

v1.0 - Initial release.

TSB 2011 mrpaulryan.nes.zip

• 1 month later...

As a fan of the original TSB-style roms with no hacks, I'm enjoying this rom a lot.

I do have one question/comment though. Why is Desmond Clark listed as WR on the Bears, starting at RB, with #37? That is wrong on all counts. Clark is a TE #88. The Bears should really probably be in a 1-back set.

That is interesting. Although Clark is still considered a TE on most sites (ESPN, NFL, CBS, etc.), I do see that he is listed as a FB on the Bears depth chart. While I don't believe the Bears have used him in that role, your position still appears technically correct. In that case, the only thing wrong is the number... and the fact that it should probably still be a 1-back set. :wink: