4Play Studios presents: Tecmo Bowl 32

TecmoTurd

I noticed the computer QB just stands there alot and takes sacks. The QB's will also face backwards. Are these fixable, issues?

If its like the others then yeah it should be fixable. In the qb's ai string on passing there sould be a "F0 80" after his initial drop back to face him forward. Then again, this is the first one so it may be a fix on the later versions.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Updated ROM in the top post...zip file contains 2 roms, both are identical, except one has the INT hack and opening coin toss hack applied. The other is a base 32 Team ROM.

Fixes include a few cosmetic tweaks on uniforms and end-zones, as well as some updates to season ending injury victims and personnel changes, especially in RB and KR departments.

Pretty sure this is our final release barring a cool new hack emerging or some other necessary fix. I've released my editor to a few testers so we'll see how that goes...

Many thanks to jstout, who is a beast of a dude with the hackninjery. Also, many thanks to Warrenmoombomb who did a lot of work in helping shore up the rosters and keep it current. As long as he accepts, we WILL be doing another ROM next year, and probably will be collaborating on the new RBI ROM.

As stated earlier, there are a few hacks (as well as juice) that can be applied that I didn't put in these because they aren't really flashy or cool, just helpful for league play or whatever. When the editor is released, I'll document all these for everyone in "set patch" form and you can apply as desired.

Enjoy!

I actually think I'm going to release one more ROM. I want to tweak the interception ratings on an individual basis for the defenders as opposed to having all DBs have a high value...that way if you turn the int hack on, it works, if you turn it off, the defender's special ability gets ignored so this ROM stays versatile.

Final release in top thread. This is exactly the same as beta 3 but the KR's have been updated, and the alternative ROM that I provided last time with the int hack and game opening coin toss has player specific int values (ranging from 0-15) based on their INT totals from last season, so guys like Woodson or Byrd have a 15 rating, which equates to approx 93% of covered passes by these fellas will get intercepted, the rest falling incomplete. LBs and DL have been lowered to a flat rate across the board. This should give users more of an incentive to mix up their use of DBs vs. LBs.

Now, it's time to actually PLAY this game!! Hit me up if you want a game...

p.s. If you want a juiced version, or the coin toss in the non-int-hack version or whatever, chat me up and I'll get you what you need. The editor is still being beta tested (let me know if you want to be part of that as well).

p.p.s. I eventually want to get the original ROM on this version and then potentially add the other teams from that year as well so we can have a full TB ROM and still utilize all the new hacks if we so desire.

Man Drummer, we really need to hook up sometime and play some TB(Haven't seen you on AIM for a while). The Browns are pretty fun in the original to play with Dixon, Minnifield, and Kosar.

i just dont get on aim alot. i play on xbox live alot. i have a gears of war 2 clan i run,and am in a "madden 11 online franchise" with my browns!If you want i can pm you guys my cell# and you can txt me if you wanna play and ill get on if possible.

Also, for you editor testers, here are the set patches for common patches

Opening coin toss:

On: SET(0x450B, 0x4CCFD8)

Off: SET(0x450B,0x4CD4D8)

Defender Attack Fix:

On: SET(0x1BD8B, 0x0A), SET(0x1BD9B,0x0A)

Off: SET(0x1BD8B, 0x0C), SET(0x1BD9B,0x0C)

Int hack (use defender spec. ability to control INT/Incomplete) :

Off: SET(0x15AA9, 0xEAEAEA)

On: SET(0x15AA9, 0x4CB1D8)

Probability of INT is value/16

Disallow QB Running past LOS:

Off: SET(0x3D025, 0xFF)

On: SET(0x3D025, 0x30)

HP Fix:

Fixed: SET(0x147B, 0xFO), SET(0x14FFB, 0xFO)

Unfixed: SET(0x147B, 0xDO), SET(0x14FFB, 0xDO)

Fixed basically takes HP into account for man to man grapples (higher HP always wins unless tied). Unfixed original basically means defense usually wins man to man grapples.

Max Juice:

SET(0xE804, 0x030500030500030500030500030500030500030500030500030500030500030500030500030500030500030500030500)

SET(0xE834, 0x31050A31050A31050A31050A31050A31050A31050A31050A31050A31050A31050A31050A31050A31050A31050A31050A)

Please remember these are critiques not criticisms... You're awesome for doing this TB project.

Will the TB Tool include visuals of the plays eventually? I took screen shots of all the plays to try and get a look at them easily. I love that you can do 4 runs or 4 passes if you so desire. Awesome. Could you add 4-4, 5-2, Nickel, and Dime defenses?

I just started tinkering a this afternoon and love it already. :)

No matter what I click on in TBTool, the "helmet/pants" window pops up. For example, if I click on any of the items below it happens.

TEAM=BUFFALO

INITIALS=BUF

UNIFORM1=16,0C,36,0F

UNIFORM2=16,30,36,0F

ENDZONES=16,16

DEFENSE=3-4

WR, EVANS, B, #83, 0, 3, 6, 48, 9, LEE EVANS, 2, 44, 5

And, can you do a quick Uniform1 and 2 explination for the numbers? I guess I could get off my fat ass and do it but if you can do it quick it prevents a lot of trial and error. I'll go do it anyway. :D Love it.

EDIT: UNIFORM1=16, 0C, 36, OF (16 pants/helmet, 0C jersey, 36 skin color, 0F skin color) Confused about 36/0F?

For other defensive formations, it's not supported by built-in functionality, and for simplicities sake, it won't be avail as a base defense. Play hacking could fix this though.

For plAys, yes, there will be a GUI sooner or later. For now, it's just text based. The double click thing is known, it's just a placeholder.

For the skin that's the light skin and dark skin color.

Quarter length I posted a page or two back