4Play Studios presents: Tecmo Bowl 32

TecmoTurd

I started messing around with some juice settings and whatnot to try and make 1P games difficult. So, I juiced the computer to max juice with the defense getting x20 in HP, so I don't have a lot of time to react and throw the ball.

Also, I'm utilizing the following rules:

Must run on 1st down unless down with 1:00 left in half/game

If you call run and it's picked, you have to call the same play the next play. If it's picked again, you can call any play

No FG/Punts

Can't throw to Jermichael Finley's square out pass until his route has completed (otherwise it's a gimme and he's wide open a lot). You can break this rule once per drive.

Sounds silly, but it was actually fun, and pretty difficult. I ended up winning first game 13-7 (dang blocked XP).

If you play with another team, you might have to adjust these rules or you'll never win (ahem, the browns).

I've been working with tihs palette file to tweak some of the existing colors so that they look more like they do in real life. I might release an alternate ROM with the new palette file sometime to make the game even more enjoyable...pending some testing on what changing some of these colors affects in the game...

TT,

1. Is there anyway to re-order the TB Tool player position so it closely resembles the TSB version? It's all wacky.

2. Can the LB's labels be more specific to say ROLB or LILB or something like the TSB?

3. I noticed on the defensive side of the TB Tool there is RT and LT which are truly NT and DT. Can this be tweaked too?

I'm a big Excel/Notepad guy and covert back and forth to make editing roms easier. I'm doing this now by using my TSB College 2010 rosters for my TB NCAA 2010 and I'm getting lost in the confusion. Sometimes I think just painfully typing out all the names, numbers, etc is faster than the mess I create cutting and pasting and converting back and forth. :D

drunken, when I'm done my work, I'll send it your way for your graphic edits. :D

1. Is there anyway to re-order the TB Tool player position so it closely resembles the TSB version? It's all wacky.

Right now it's in the order the ROM needs it in. I had planned on changing the order a bit, but it'd take some thinking on how to handle that because the ROM actually reads it that way as opposed to TSB where it starts with QB, RB, WR, TE, etc. It also makes it even trickier because split-back and 4-3 teams are in a different order as well. Until I can think of a nice way to do this (I should be able to figure it out) it's just done in the order the ROM needs it. I'd have to actually put a position number in the text so it knew what order to sort them in...maybe that'd work...

2. Can the LB's labels be more specific to say ROLB or LILB or something like the TSB?

I'm pretty sure you can name the positions whatever you want, but they can only be 2 characters long. Those positions are pretty much just for display on the scrolling roster screen anyways.

3. I noticed on the defensive side of the TB Tool there is RT and LT which are truly NT and DT. Can this be tweaked too?

Again, I think you can label them however you want, it's just for display purposes.

I just added the stripe to the football on our latest release (something similar could be done for a college ROM) and created an updated palette which really makes the game look nice for some of those teams with orange, yellow (even Philadelphia's green).

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated. Sorry the order is messing you up...you could do it in whatever order you want, and then when you're done with a team, manually re-order the team. It's a little extra work, but I think it's easier to do them as you finish them as opposed to all at once. I also planned on putting in a sortable grid feature that lets you look at all the players by position to see how they rank. This is all planned (along with a GUI) for future releases...

Awesome!

Hey fats, haven't forgot about you, just been super busy out of no where's. Which is good, cause I need the money. Its bad cause I haven't had much time for anything else.

TecmoTurd, I ran the editor, and everything seemed ok. When I get done with the NCAA rom, I'll give it a more thorough look. Til then, keep the info flowing, it good stuff for a great game! Ya'll have really raised the bar.

My Horns are looking bad, as long as we beat OU, I'll be ok!! Hook 'Em!! \m/

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

TT, I did what you said and its less of a headache so thanks! Separate topic but any chance you could make a Draft program for the 32 rom and new players? I have the 28 team version but really want the 32 version.

Drunken, I'm plugging along slowly so no rush. I will get with you when I am done. Having 2kids under 3 is killing my free time!

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

WhT would the draft program do? I have been working on learning play hacking, but it's slow going as family life and work are kicking my ass. Let me know what that draft app does and I'll let you know if I can do it.

I'm with you on the daily ass kicking I get from life. I'm just a draft addict and my group of guys wants to do it with the new teams and then do our league that way. Sure, I could do it old school and cut and paste but the excel worksheet is so much cooler and more efficient. Your "what would the program do?" makes me think you may not know about the TSB Fantasy Draft - Tool Helper Spreadsheet? That can't be possible so I must of worded the question wrong.

Here's the thread for that program...

http://tecmobowl.org/forum//viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9441&hilit=draft+program&start=30#wrap

Wow, that's a pretty awesome spreadsheet...it's not on my list of things to do in the near future, but if I did, I'd surely write it as a stand-alone app and not a spreadsheet...I think it'd be a lot easier to write and a lot handier to use...a novel idea though!

• 5 weeks later...

WarrenMoonBomb and I worked last night on some updates...the updated ROM is in the top post...contains several updates to reflect how the season has been going thus far...Brees is no longer a 14 PS, KC has a split-back playbook and Jones/Charles are both increased in MS, Moss moved to the Vikings, etc...

More updates will come, but for now, this should be a nice reflection of the season as is thus far.

Some more edits completed...but the bigger reason for this quick of an update is that I had Brandon Jackson's name spelled wrong, and plus I had the no QB running hack applied, and a couple of other minor issues. Also, I effed up NYJ's playbook, and that should also be fixed.

The new one in the first post actually has no hacks applied and the names fixed for a few players, plus some updates to Tampa Bay that WMB did last night...enjoy...

• 2 weeks later...
For those who care, we're releasing an update soon that should reflect the season thus far. We have found a few more interested parties for the league as well, so if you're interested, let us know, we'll be doing that sometime, maybe after our RBI ROM is done...

I've made a list of things I want to do around here. TB NCAA 2010 just made the top of my to-do-list. I've been plugging away and hope to have it out soon. I'll start my own thread when I do. I'm thinking of doing two, one without juice, and one with. Stay tuned.

For those who care, we're releasing an update soon that should reflect the season thus far. We have found a few more interested parties for the league as well, so if you're interested, let us know, we'll be doing that sometime, maybe after our RBI ROM is done...

Keep the updates coming! I've made a list of things I want to do around here. TB NCAA 2010 just made the top of my to-do-list. I've been plugging away and hope to have it out soon. I'll start my own thread when I do. I'm thinking of doing two, one traditional TB, and one with da juice. Stay tuned.

• 4 weeks later...

Felt like playing a few TB games, thought I'd bump this thread and see if anyone was out there. WMB and myself will be putting out a 2010 post-season ROM once the season is over. Need to get 2 more interested parties for a little 4 person league too. Interested in any of this? Let me know...

Heh, I meant more in general. I'm often online during the day but unable to dedicate time to play until later in the evening. I sometimes post with my phone or my netbook but am not able to fire up a game or whatever. Anyways, yeah, I was hoping to play soon. You and I need to find a few more guys and then we could get a little thing going.

I think it'd be fun to draft pieces of a team. The way the game works, you couldn't draft individual players, it wouldn't work. I think it'd be cool to draft in groups:

QB

RB

WR/TE

OL

DL/LB

CB

K

P

RET

Heh, I meant more in general. I'm often online during the day but unable to dedicate time to play until later in the evening. I sometimes post with my phone or my netbook but am not able to fire up a game or whatever. Anyways, yeah, I was hoping to play soon. You and I need to find a few more guys and then we could get a little thing going.

I think it'd be fun to draft pieces of a team. The way the game works, you couldn't draft individual players, it wouldn't work. I think it'd be cool to draft in groups:

QB

RB

WR/TE

OL

DL/LB

CB

K

P

RET

That's what I thought.

I dunno, not counting OL( I guess we could draft that as a group if it really mattered) that's 16 players, or 17 rounds with OL group. That's the same amount of people in RBI you need to draft. Of course, some positions, like RB, have way more value then others, like TEs, or DE's vs DT's or other examples. But really you'd just have runs/mini-runs on positions, and there's still some dedate whether you should get a QB, RB, or star defender first. I certainly think grouping together DL AND LBs is really extreme, atleast break that down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Knobbe pinned this topic
  • 2 years later...
On 12/6/2010 at 10:46 PM, TecmoTurd said:

QB

RB

WR/TE

OL

DL/LB

CB

K

P

RET

we run an OG draft league on Discord using the same format listed above. Also drafting playbooks. If anyone is interested hit me up on discord.