Aging Tecmo PLayers

berniebomb

As the years go by, the gamers who still love Tecmo Super Bowl are getting older. I think it's safe to say that the average TSB player is between 28 and 40 years old. Thats a pretty large gap in age.. but if you were around 10 - 16 years old when TSB came on the scene in 91' , and you had a NES, and liked sport games- bottom line: you were playing that game. So , lets go on the low end, and say that 10 year olds in 1991 (I was 13) are now approaching 30 years old.. Then lets say you had an older brother in 1991 that was lets say 18 yrs old and in highschool.. and he is the one who got you playing TSB. That older brother is now pushing 40 at around 37 years old now! And hey, hypothetically there could of been an even older brother in 1991 that was in college at the time , and about 21 years old.. guess what ? - he is over 40 now.. What is the point of all this crap? It just goes to show you what an impact this one 8- bit graphic of a video game has had on countless young men (and women) over the last 20 years. Because of this, the players involved in the NFL at the time, and appeared in the game, shall live on. Even after their deaths.. What a legacy, thats all I can say. And its nowhere close to being done.

I was 18 when Tecmo came out. I thought it absolutely sucked at the time :D I was playing text based football games on my commodore 64 at the time, 3 in 1 football by Hafner games. 3 in 1 was more realistic, where as Tecmo was too arcade, for my personal flavor. SNES TSB, actually brought me back to Tecmo and the fact my C64 took a shit. Right now I'm actually screwing around with coaching on Madden '11, but always find myself going back to Tecmo. So it does go to show you the impact 0f the 8 bit and 16 bit Tecmo. They'll truly never be beat, in my opinion. Great post Bernie! :lol: