fatcheerleader's TSB COLLEGE 1AA 2010

fatcheerleader

fatcheerleader's TSB COLLEGE 1AA 2010

This is my second rom that I'm willing to post on here. Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. I play regularly with a bunch of guys that, like me, really love the feel of the original rom. With that in mind, I decided to make a TSB COLLEGE 1AA rom as a bunch of went to those schools. And, when I say "make" I really mean I basically just edited a rom. I have chosen 32 1AA college teams that my group like or I deemed worthy and have ranked those teams from a collection of preseason rankings for this upcoming season. Then, I match those 1AA teams up with teams from the original TSB. I know this is very unorthodox around here to not have exact realistic player ratings but it works great for those fans of the original game. There were only 28 teams on the original and I used the 32 team rom so 4 teams are made from taking the offense of one team and the defense of another from the original TSB. These were picked to add another LT, BO, Randall, and Deion in the game. The other halves of those teams were picked to slow them down a bit. The fourth is a Frankenstein creation that is a combination of NE's Offense and IND's Defense which is a combo of the two worst sides of the ball from the original TSB. Georgia State is starting football so they get that abomination. I'm not a fan of the NCAA/FBS or in this case FCS terminology so I'm sticking with the old 1AA. Luckily, 1AA football already uses the playoff bracket because they're smart so the end of season works great. I also prefer keeping the original rom's 17 week schedule as it allows me to compare stats and records from our NFL & NCAA seasons from the past so it stays too. I think I did pretty well tweaking the NFL32 to look like the 1AA teams considering I'm horrible at helmet editing. Lastly, I'm pretty sure this is only the 2nd 1AA rom on these boards and the 1st 1AA rom with the 32 team format. :D

1AA TOP 32-TSB

1. NVA-SF

2. WM-NYG

3. MON-BUF

4. APP-HOU

5. RIC-KC

6. JMU-RAI

7. ELO-CIN

8. SIU-CHI

9. EWU-MIA

10. DEL-PHI

11. MAS-DET

12. UNI-TB/NYG

13. JXS-SD

14. MST-PHI/TB

15. ILS-DEN

16. WOF-RAM

17. GSO-MIN

18. EIU-RAI/ATL

19. PRV-TB

20. CIT-DAL

21. GRM-WAS

22. CC-PIT

23. ODU-NYJ

24. TOW-PHX

25. TNT-CLE

26. TNM-GB

27. POR-ATL

28. TSU-NO

29. SOU-NE

30. VMI-SEA

31. INS-IND

32. GST-NE/IND

Playbook: Run,Pass, Formation (Teams)

Pro T: 2755, 7577, 2RB_2WR_1TE (EWU, UNI, RIC, MAS)

Power: 8266, 8623, 2RB_2WR_1TE (SIU, TNM, CC, GSO)

All Four: 5524, 2423, 2RB_2WR_1TE (ILS, JXS, VMI, WOF)

Run & Shoot: 5323, 2442, 1RB_4WR (POR, GRM, CIT, TOW)

Shotgun: 5327, 2331, 1RB_4WR (SOU, INS, ELO, DEL)

Randall: 5322, 2482, 1RB_3WR_1TE (PRV, TNT, JMU, APP)

Moon : 5825, 7387, 1RB_3WR_1TE (MST, EIU, GST, WM)

Motion: 7564, 4853, 1RB_3WR_1TE (MON, TSO, ODU, NVA)

Base Rom: Knobbe's 2009

Sim Data: similar to original TSB

Off/Def/Off Pref: variety of sources, 2009 statistics and 2010 projections

Hacks Included: quarter length, playbook changes in game, 32 team rom

Uniforms: traditional style

Rosters: random roster names except for JMU

JMU: This is the only team with the actual roster and depth charts for the upcoming 2010 season. 8)

Thank You's:

Rod Woodson, Xplozv, jstout, Bad Al, drummer4god, buck, bruddog, elway, bodom18, Maynard_G_Krebs, TomTupa, TecmoTurd, philleyOphish, slim_jimmy7, BO FB Offtackle Left, MRTECMOSUPERBOWL, TDO, MrNFL, Ruben4, hurricane55, drunken_honkey, rholden, JohnnyLaRue, bruce, jeid1, Jebus, and Tebow.

TSB COLLEGE 1AA 2010.zip

Slightly disappointed that the Maine Black Bears didn't make the list. I'm not sure where they rank nationally this year but have for the past 4-5 seasons been a really fun team to watch. Spread offense and lot of yardage gained when they play. I'm always pulling for them to finally get over the hump and make it to the playoffs but in some seasons they are like 1 or 2 games from doing it. Other than that very good job with the mini helmets, I'll give this a test drive later tonight to see how it plays.

Slightly disappointed that the Maine Black Bears didn't make the list.

I thought about asking people which teams they wanted me to create but I didn't. Maybe your Bears will be in my future versions. Enjoy!

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

• 9 months later...

I'm in the planning stages of making my FCS 2011 rom and thought I'd ask if anyone had a 1AA team they wanted included. Granted, I probably can't pull off the mini helmet designs or colors but I'll give it a try. Go Dukes!

Don't suppose you or someone could do a Div. II rom based on preseason rankings, just for kicks?

In my TSB brainstorming I have planned to do a D2 and/or D3 rom as you said, "just for kicks". Did you go to a D2 school?

This thread makes me laugh...

615 views, 5 replies, 4/6 of the posts are mine, and 175 downloads (Watch out drummer and buck -- I'm closing in on you!)

2011 Team Additions:

Maine Black Bears -- shinybehiny2477

American University Eagles

Georgetown Hoyas

George Mason Patriots

(AU & GMU don't even have football but if they did they'd be FCS. GTN is in 1AA in the Patriot Conference. All 3 are local to me and friends want them included.)

A nice addition to this thread would be screenshots of your helmets/game play...

The game plays identical to the original TSB so there's your game play. I used the first 32 team rom and added zero hacks. I over explain the rest of the rom setup in the first post in this thread. As for the mini helmets...

post-7015-13413729311306_thumb.jpg

Don't suppose you or someone could do a Div. II rom based on preseason rankings, just for kicks?

In my TSB brainstorming I have planned to do a D2 and/or D3 rom as you said, "just for kicks". Did you go to a D2 school?

I live in GLIAC country. I went for a while to a school in the GLIAC before transferring, and the local colleges around here are all either GLIAC or Div. III (the ones that have football anyways). Also being a huge hockey fan, a lot of GLIAC schools have Div I hockey programs (Ferris St, Lake Superior, Northern, Mi. Tech). And Grand Valley St. is always a power.

A D3 rom would be fun too.

northern illinois university?

Edit: Northern Illinois is in the MAC which is in the FBS aka 1-A not FCS aka 1-AA. However, you bring up an idea that a college rom for the teams ranked 26-120 of 1-A has not been done around here at least to my knowledge. :P

Edit: Northern Illinois is in the MAC which is in the FBS aka 1-A not FCS aka 1-AA. However, you bring up an idea that a college rom for the teams ranked 26-120 of 1-A has not been done around here at least to my knowledge. :P

Yeah, for instance nobody ever includes Michigan State in their ROMs, which as Spartan fan is a bit of a turn-off from playing them. I'd also like to see some MAC action in a ROM...

Yeah, for instance nobody ever includes Michigan State in their ROMs, which as Spartan fan is a bit of a turn-off from playing them. I'd also like to see some MAC action in a ROM...

Um, we had Michigan State in our year end 2011 TSB3 rom.

And we have our brains brewing up a list for this years release. We try to add teams people want, not just ESPN honeys. And Fats, you mocked our Tulsa choice last year... they finished in the top 25, ranked higher then Florida, Texas, and Miami!!! Just saying... I'm getting a presentation together to show jstout some stuff we need help on. Hopefully the King of Codes can figure it out. If so, gonna change the way the cpu plays the game. Its a sort of "AI" for the cpu players. Think the code is doable. Hook 'Em Horns!!!

Drunken honkey -- I still mock your Tulsa pick because nobody wants to play with Tulsa! :P

Primis -- I considered adding Michigan State to my College 2011-1A rom. I also thought about doing a SEC vs BIGTEN rom too!

non-nes non-smenes. Has anyone ever listed what makes the snes tsb or tsb3 that much different, other than, it's not theorignal. Personally, i like all three, but the tsb on nes can only be "microwaved" and re served so many times, before it is just a pinto with a new coat of paint. I would like a definitive list of the likes dislikes, then maybe some one can try and blend that into the gameplay/graphics. just saying that maybe its time to really hack these games.

You know this debate has been gone over left and right. For some, a lot of it is nostalgia. For me, my nostalgia lies in the SNES version, so that's what I gravitate towards. But most people only played the original (the same can be said for RBI...I dislike the sequels and will always go back to the original, no matter how many times I try bad news baseball or baseball stars or what have you).

As for non-nostalgia factors, a common knock against the SNES version (TSB1, that is) is that it's slower (buck says its like you're running through molasses), it's more difficult to score, and the cutscenes are too slow.

That being said, I agree that newer versions should get some love, but you won't find a lot of people to play them. I struggle day in and day out to find opponents for the orginal 12-team (or hacked 32 team) ROM.

non-nes non-smenes. Has anyone ever listed what makes the snes tsb or tsb3 that much different, other than, it's not theorignal. Personally, i like all three, but the tsb on nes can only be "microwaved" and re served so many times, before it is just a pinto with a new coat of paint. I would like a definitive list of the likes dislikes, then maybe some one can try and blend that into the gameplay/graphics. just saying that maybe its time to really hack these games.

I logged hundreds of hours playing the original NES version, on an actual NES. The next-gen ones do not feel the same, and I always felt like they were more of a cheap "port" on the SNES and Genesis, as opposed to a faithful continuation of the series.

The newer ones simply won't ever feel as good as the NES one for most.

Not to veer off-topic too much but... has anyone just ever considered remaking TSB from the ground up as an OSS or freeware project? Like as a tribute to the original, with improvements like better stat-keeping, the newer rules, etc?

Primus--because then it wouldn't be the original. JK:)

I agree about people gravitating toward their child hood favorites. I kind of have a soft spot for Coach K, and there are definately holes in it. The speed factor can be resolved through hacking, and for those that say its to hard to score, that just means they like to run there money plays:) I honestly would love to try and bring the feel of the gameplay to the newer ones. I think graphically there is so much more to be done. DH did a great job cleaning up the sprites, getting rid of the fake shadowing and color variances, at the same time using the orignal sprties from SNES TSB as the base model. I also think there is still some juice under the hood, and like i said i would love to try and "immitate" TSB gameplay as much as possible. Hell, i would even say scale back the playbook selection if that would help. The only thing i like about the original TSB is the quickness of the game time. LAter.

• 7 years later...
On 6/14/2011 at 4:27 PM, fatcheerleader said:

Drunken honkey -- I still mock your Tulsa pick because nobody wants to play with Tulsa! :P

Primis -- I considered adding Michigan State to my College 2011-1A rom. I also thought about doing a SEC vs BIGTEN rom too!

Michigan state is in

Crosebowl2012twotone.nes

Seven year bump, impressive or just weird?  1st post may explain it.  If valid, why would you add Michigan State to 1AA?!  They don't deserve to be demoted.  Why not download one of my other college roms (links below) that already have the Spartans on it.  Good luck.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know of a D3 version of NCAA?? I'm a huge Holy Cross fan and have found some but were used for leagues but only a weekly rom.. so only preseason games..is there any way I can put all those roms together? I'm dying to play a season using the Holy Cross Crusaders 

• 2 weeks later...

I have thought about making a D3 rom but never did it.  I usually put out just the NCAA FBS level one and make the FCS one for myself only.  I have always wanted to do a high school one with the best programs of all-time.  Life just gets in the way.  Holy Cross has had an unreal run.