buck's "HighSpeed" 2010 NFL TSB ROM - SUPER BOWL update 2/05

buck

Buck, you rock. Seriously...these ROM's are absolutely amazing.

One quick question....is it possible to re-do the Colts roster? Notable issues:

Giguere (kick returner) was cut - replaced with Devin Moore.

Austin Collie is missing.

Jamie Richard replaces deVan on the O-line.

Bob Sanders is (mostly) healthy this year. Can we get him instead of Bullitt?

Thanks, and keep up your amazing work!!

Buck, you rock. Seriously...these ROM's are absolutely amazing.

One quick question....is it possible to re-do the Colts roster? Notable issues:

Giguere (kick returner) was cut - replaced with Devin Moore.

Austin Collie is missing.

Jamie Richard replaces deVan on the O-line.

thanks, man. I will make a "Week 1" ROM (just to make up a little bit on some of the ratings and roster changes), then midseason. So, yes, I will redo the Colts. Probably next Wed or Thurs.

Looks like Bob Sanders may be out for the season with a torn bicep tendon, ... too bad. Great player, but always seems to get injured, ... kind of like Mike Brown when he was on the Bears.

buck the kr name missing is also a problem in my rom. Maybe from the 32 team hack something got moved..idk. great rom btw buck nice work! And the rosters thing if the people who do rom edits here tried to keep up with injuries,and all that we would never get time to actually,set down and play what we worked so hard on.

I think the offense plays very realistic. You have to make quicker reads and being able to play the ball into tight pressure for a crucial 1st down is great. I'm putting together "drives" - which is nice.

However (and this might be my playing skill more than anything), I am getting ripped to shreds by any team with a decent RB. I just can't stop the run _ AT ALL _. Any ideas to help me? I'm on the laptop, so my grapple isn't very fast. But, I just get continually blown up - even when I am matched up on the RB with my best LB.

Tips? Strat or Mod-wise?

strategy wise:

you just need to learn how to stop the plays - whether it's picking a certain defender or shaking a block and making the tackle. (I usually pick the play that's most likely to blow me up for a big gain, and try to defend the others). learn if there are ways to "blow up" the play with a certain defender (a fast defender).

if you're getting outgrappled or blocked hard, you can't just go straight for the ball carrier, you have to run ahead of him (and dive head-on, or tie him up and wait for help).

safeties are usually a pretty safe pick to stop the run.

remember this: "bend, but don't break" - give 20 yards but don't put yourself in a position to let COM go all the way.

mod wise:

you can get rid of the HP hack

you can turn down COM offense speed juice

you can use a controller instead of a laptop keyboard

----

ROM update later on today: new physics tweaks and roster stuff

---

I think the offense plays very realistic. You have to make quicker reads and being able to play the ball into tight pressure for a crucial 1st down is great. I'm putting together "drives" - which is nice.

However (and this might be my playing skill more than anything), I am getting ripped to shreds by any team with a decent RB. I just can't stop the run _ AT ALL _. Any ideas to help me? I'm on the laptop, so my grapple isn't very fast. But, I just get continually blown up - even when I am matched up on the RB with my best LB.

Tips? Strat or Mod-wise?

Just wanted to say that I am a very average TSB player, and can say that you truly just need to play the rom and get a feel. You just learn to compete. It took me several games to not get DESTROYED by the other teams RBs, but now its perfect...not easy, but it's not fun to just dominate all the time. I LOVE that Buck has made a challenging ROM. Just wanted to say that so the pressure of those wanting it to maybe be a bit easier doesn't force a compromise! Each team has its own technique to being a good D. For instance with the Titans ( I am currently 4-3 and battling constantly!) I tend to pick run plays and pressure the QB with a blitzing MLB (Tulloch). Sometimes you get burned, but I am winning some games. Each team is different and the replay value of this ROM is high...stick with it and be rewarded!

Version 3 - September 17, 2010 (after Week 1)

LATEST CHANGES

altered onsides kick stuff (experimental)- to try to reduce the possibility of kicking team recovering (may of made it too tough, oh well)

slowed down snap-speed a little - to make up for improved FG/XP blocking scheme

tweaked some defensive reactions/play blocking

updated rosters and some ratings

minor graphics and team playbook tweaks

thanks for all the comments, suggestions, complaints, etc.

see 1st post

Version 3 - September 17, 2010 (after Week 1)

LATEST CHANGES

altered onsides kick stuff (experimental)- to try to reduce the possibility of kicking team recovering (may of made it too tough, oh well)

slowed down snap-speed a little - to make up for improved FG/XP blocking scheme

tweaked some defensive reactions/play blocking

updated rosters and some ratings

minor graphics and team playbook tweaks

thanks for all the comments, suggestions, complaints, etc.

see 1st post

HOLD UP, GOLD...I found a big bug last night - I'll re-upload when it's fixed.

bug fixed! made some more ratings tweaks after going through the rosters with rewhawl

(also changed the onsides kick stuff a bit differently. works a better, I think)

hopefully, this will be it for a month or so.

I love your rom even if it's too F'n hard. I hate how when I open Tool Supreme to view your playbooks easily that it won't show your changes. :)

Funny story for you, I had a friend over the other night and he was playing the computer with your rom. He was the Dolphins and was against the Patriots and was playing both ILB positions. The pass/run plays to Moss and Welker were killing him. Welker killed him with insane cutting on a dime and burned him 3 times on one drive alone! :) He claims to be a TSB stud and just got worked. I enjoyed it with a beer in hand. :)

I love your rom even if it's too F'n hard. I hate how when I open Tool Supreme to view your playbooks easily that it won't show your changes. :)

Funny story for you, I had a friend over the other night and he was playing the computer with your rom. He was the Dolphins and was against the Patriots and was playing both ILB positions. The pass/run plays to Moss and Welker were killing him. Welker killed him with insane cutting on a dime and burned him 3 times on one drive alone! :) He claims to be a TSB stud and just got worked. I enjoyed it with a beer in hand. :)

you had a friend who plays TSB over and you watched him play COM! what the hell is going on in this world??? get some damn controllers and play MAN v MAN.

ps - if you wanna view playbooks, just open the ROM in your emulator and go to "team info". from there, pick the team you want to view, then go to the "playbook" selection, and there you will find a nice big picture of the teams playbook.

you had a friend who plays TSB over and you watched him play COM! what the hell is going on in this world??? get some damn controllers and play MAN v MAN. ps - if you wanna view playbooks, just open the ROM in your emulator and go to "team info". from there, pick the team you want to view, then go to the "playbook" selection, and there you will find a nice big picture of the teams playbook.

I just wanted him to taste your rom and he arrived before I put my girls to bed so he had to wait. When I came back to my cave he was in the middle of the game and was pissed he was losing so I just enjoyed his ass kicking. And, daaaaah I know I can see the playbooks that way too but I was looking at your rom in tool and wanted to do it there. I'm dumb but not that dumb.

I just played the most fucked up ending to a coaching game ever!!!

Steelers COA v.s. Titans

I lost 35-28. The score was 28-28. I drove the ball down to the Titans 29 yard line, ran the clock down to 2 seconds left on it. Attempted the seemingly easy FG. BLOCKED!!!!!!!!! Ran back for a TD by the damn Titans!!! Crazy shit there! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!!!!!!! :)

I just played the most fucked up ending to a coaching game ever!!!

Steelers COA v.s. Titans

I lost 35-28. The score was 28-28. I drove the ball down to the Titans 29 yard line, ran the clock down to 2 seconds left on it. Attempted the seemingly easy FG. BLOCKED!!!!!!!!! Ran back for a TD by the damn Titans!!! Crazy shit there! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ha ha! i love when the steelers get screwed out of shit!!!!!!! Good shit titans!

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys, the new buck ratings/rosters were released at midnight last night - I downloaded them from buck's heart and put them in the spreadsheet of my soul - the results can be downloaded at the bottom of the 1st post.

rosters/ratings tweaks, more COM AI tweaks, some slight adjustments on a couple plays, some team default playbook changes, etc. should be better than ever.

please test it out and check out playbooks and rosters/ratings - any feedback is OK.

peace.

Oh my god dude, seriously, it's a crime you put this game out for free. The rom improves every release, good job bro. i just wish sproles was more explosive >.<

thanks, I'm glad you appreciate the work.

I just wish Sproles got the ball in real life. They bring him in on 3rd down...to pass block (which he's pretty good at). I can't make him a bad ass on the game (I'd like to, though) when he doesn't get the stats in real life.

Hey Buck, playing the latest release. Seems even more challenging! Quick note: Week 2 game Titans vs Steelers, and PIT punts with an empty power bar. The returner cannot get to the ball in time, and it basically lays on the field and no one can recover it. There was a few mins left in the game, but time ran out and the game could never end bc no one could pick up the ball. Had to reset. Don't know if it's fixable or not, but letting you know all the same.

Also, not a glich but kinda funny I had an injury fiesta and had only Kerry Collins on the bench. I had to put the backup TE as my WR2. What would have happened (or could it have happened) if someone else were to get hurt? I had no one left but Collins.

Hey Buck, playing the latest release. Seems even more challenging! Quick note: Week 2 game Titans vs Steelers, and PIT punts with an empty power bar. The returner cannot get to the ball in time, and it basically lays on the field and no one can recover it. There was a few mins left in the game, but time ran out and the game could never end bc no one could pick up the ball. Had to reset. Don't know if it's fixable or not, but letting you know all the same.

Also, not a glich but kinda funny I had an injury fiesta and had only Kerry Collins on the bench. I had to put the backup TE as my WR2. What would have happened (or could it have happened) if someone else were to get hurt? I had no one left but Collins.

damn. that punt-shank bug....I'll look into some kind of fix. It's some side effect of the 'PR uses his own MS' hack - but something got thrown off when I changed the KR back to using the RT MS...crap.

re: injuries - I don't think any more injuries can occur at that point.

alright buck thanks for this baller rom but i found some weird things

1. ok so last night in the latest update i'm playing as philly vs the 49ers week 5 down 49-7 (nothing went my way at all). i call 4WR 2FLY, roll out, and throw it to eldra buckley (mccoy and bell were injured). he dives and attempts to catch the ball, and it is called incomplete. but suddenly, it says first down and the balls moves up to where the ball landed. any idea on how the hell this happened?

2. is it possible to fix the problem of knocked down/flying players being able to block kicks? i've been able to block 2 kicks because i picked 4th man and was sent flying toward the holder, bringing up the attempt to block screen, in which trent cole with his magical flying powers was able to change form midair to diving at the holder and blocking the kick.

3. why is marc bulger black?

anyways thanks again bro

alright buck thanks for this baller rom but i found some weird things

1. ok so last night in the latest update i'm playing as philly vs the 49ers week 5 down 49-7 (nothing went my way at all). i call 4WR 2FLY, roll out, and throw it to eldra buckley (mccoy and bell were injured). he dives and attempts to catch the ball, and it is called incomplete. but suddenly, it says first down and the balls moves up to where the ball landed. any idea on how the hell this happened?

2. is it possible to fix the problem of knocked down/flying players being able to block kicks? i've been able to block 2 kicks because i picked 4th man and was sent flying toward the holder, bringing up the attempt to block screen, in which trent cole with his magical flying powers was able to change form midair to diving at the holder and blocking the kick.

3. why is marc bulger black?

anyways thanks again bro

1. I don't know about that one. I'll look into the play code, but I suppose it was just some random glitch.

2. Yes, it's possible to fix that. I hadn't seen that lately, but will fix it.

3. oh, when I overwrote Ravens QB2 troy smith with bulger, I forgot to change the face.

thanks for the feedback.

HOLY S#@T!! Played a few games into the season, and my guys started fumbling balls, dropping passes. The CPU seems to blitz me on every play and everytime I turn the ball over, the CPU takes it to the house! Freakin HARD!!! :D

Great graphics, but the freakin hard gameplay seems to take the fun out of playin the computer. This rom seems impossible to win!

Is there any kind of payoff for winning the SB other the the usual ending? If not, it doesn't seem worth the aggravation of playing through a whole freakin season when the CPU is geared toward making it impossible for you to WIN! HOLY S#@T!!!

Then again ... maybe I just suck BAD!!! Haha! :D

that is probably the case.

seriously, this rom is no harder than last years or the time machine - it's just faster all-around and you probably need to get used to the new tempo.