buck's "HighSpeed" 2010 NFL TSB ROM - SUPER BOWL update 2/05

buck

For instance the eagles have mike patterson at LILB and the same pattern follows true with the bears(tommie harris), saints(sendrick ellis), panthers(ed johnson), seahawks(colin cole), and lamarr houston(raiders). There's also a couple with DT#2 at the ROLB position(texans, colts, giants) but i don't want to preach too much about perfection lol, just want to offer my suggestion.

for 4-3 defenses - shifted over: eagles (ROLB), bears (LOLB), saints (LOLB) panthers (LOLB), seahawks (LOLB), raiders (LOLB), texans (LOLB), colts (LOLB), giants (LOLB)

(LOLB) means: LE, DT, DT, RE = LOLB, LE, NT, RE

(ROLB) means: LE, DT, DT, RE = ROLB, RE, NT, LE

I also changed one or two starters (for now at least, who knows who'll actually start when the time comes).

thanks for the suggestions - I like justifying it with "4-3 Over".

nice Nfl Network logo ,you got there buck..i had the same one in mine last year....... 8)

you didn't make it, did you? elway did it for me (I didn't even ask for it) when he upgraded the NFL shield logo.

What the hell kind of response is that buck,hell dude i was just saying. Chill the hell out.

I'm pretty sure he's asking you if you designed the logo

Great, Great, Great Rom this year Buck! It plays very well. It's almost as if Tecmo themselves released an updated version for 2010. I don't have much time and I would like to comment deeper, but I have some time constraints. So, quickly, Here are my thoughts.

1.) Some of the color schemes are a little hard on the eyes, but brings new flavor.

2.) LOVE the playbook. That Brandon Marshall screen run is TITS!

3.) Minor Changes for the Dolphins Roster:

a.) Punt Returner is Devon Bess.

b.) Devon Bess is #15 (WR)

c.) Brandon Marshall is #19 (WR)

d.) Richie Incognito is #68 (LG)

e.) Jared Odrick is #98 (DE)

f.) Koa Misi is #55 (Linebacker)

g.) Sean Smith is #24 (Corner)

h.) Vontae Davis is #21 (Corner)

i.) Chris Clemons is #30 (Safety)

(source:

Drummer, Calm Down. Not everyone is a smart ass. Just from the way he worded it, i got that he meant he didn't realize you used the NFL Log in yours. If anything, your first response to the new logo sounded accusatory. "You finally got there, I used the same logo in my ROM last year." I thought his reply was difusing and apologitic without having to say the words. I know you were burned by the posting of your work without credit on another site, but this Site "Is OUR House"! That is me and DH's motto. It means everything we do is for the Knobbe.org community. And as for any one copying you, consider it flattery. Remember, we are using licensed product without any licenses, so we cannot cast stones in others directions. That is a price for being Modders---All of us will pay it at some time or another. Just keep making edits---D4G and everyone else--I need them to keep my juices flowing.

If you don't like the SWAG..... Ahh F--K It,never mind. 8)

I'm just waiting to see what ideas you will steal from me...then I can really be a smartass.

I don't have to steal a damn thing from you buck,i have my own rom. Buck.....smartass mode...[ON]

Damn buck looks like your rom is needing a lot of changes and fixes...lol Didn't you attack me for the same thing...lol wow

I'm just waiting to see what ideas you will steal from me...then I can really be a smartass.

I don't have to steal a damn thing from you buck,i have my own rom. Buck.....smartass mode...[ON]

Damn buck looks like your rom is needing a lot of changes and fixes...lol Didn't you attack me for the same thing...lol wow

post-3789-1341372837358_thumb.jpg

3.) Minor Changes for the Dolphins Roster:(source:

well, that's a pain in the a$$. It would be no problem if I were using the stock plays...but as it is, there are basically "duplicate/modified" sequences (off and def) for each defensive formation (in another ROM location - outside of the typical NES ips patcher's range, btw).

I hit up jstout (the guy who came up with the hack) a couple months ago asking for help...I think he got a girlfriend or something... 8)

Oh well, really it's just cosmetic - because the field is so small, a little positioning difference doesn't make much of a playable difference, in my opinion.

[EDIT - are you just talking about the defensive starters screen? I'll look into that.]

On another note, did some more ROM work today...fixed some more plays (besides the blocking schemes as suggested by unsmart). modified the Run 3 L-Form "FB" to an L-Form "HB GRIND" play - basically a dive like the Run 4 OI Dive. and fixed the 4-3 teams like you suggested.

Yes, he made a lot of changes but that's what you do to make things better. And he listens to suggestions, even from a noobie like me. Good job bro, you personally have impressed me by being open to new ideas and i look forward to the next rom update from you.

*Edit: I meant the actual gameplay but if you even just change the D-Starters screen that would be cool too.

D4G,

Lets not Jack someones thread to start beef. This thread is for his ROM. Start your own thread noting this thread as your root cause. The more views and posts on that thread would show if any one cares about the Buck/D4G beef. Lets squash it on here. By the way, Buck game looks good. Haven't had a real chance to play, been hacking like s--t today. But if you want i can look at the D playbook for you. I have really started to understand the basic AI for defensive sets. Maybe something i learned on TSB3 can be applied to the different formations people are requesting. Give me permission to break into your "AI", and i'll take a look when i get a chance. I'd never mow another man's lawn unless he asks me to. 8)

I let my play prove my SWAG.

D4G,

Lets not Jack someones thread to start beef. This thread is for his ROM. Start your own thread noting this thread as your root cause. The more views and posts on that thread would show if any one cares about the Buck/D4G beef. Lets squash it on here. By the way, Buck game looks good. Haven't had a real chance to play, been hacking like s--t today. But if you want i can look at the D playbook for you. I have really started to understand the basic AI for defensive sets. Maybe something i learned on TSB3 can be applied to the different formations people are requesting. Give me permission to break into your "AI", and i'll take a look when i get a chance. I'd never mow another man's lawn unless he asks me to. 8)

I let my play prove my SWAG.

I just wanted to give him back a lil of what he came into my post and did...i am done with this tho,i have proved my point.

nice Nfl Network logo ,you got there buck..i had the same one in mine last year....... 8)
What the hell kind of response is that buck,hell dude i was just saying. Chill the hell out.
No rod i am sorry to say i disagree,to me buck is being a smartass,i call em like i see em.

Fire up that buck crack pipe boys........how does it look when the same things you attack someone else for is slung right back at ya,huh buck. i am done with this i rest my case......drummer
I just wanted to give him back a lil of what he came into my post and did...i am done with this tho,i have proved my point.

ok,ok, "jake delhomme is your daddy" - I already said I'm sorry for calling your half-ass rom "half-ass", don't you remember?

between your crap and all the complete insanity your buddy tecmotronic posted about me, I think I've paid the price for calling your rom half-ass. unless you feel like to need to vent a little more, then do like hurrican55 said - start a new topic.

so please - get off my back.

No rod i am sorry to say i disagree,to me buck is being a smartass,i call em like i see em.

Fire up that buck crack pipe boys........how does it look when the same things you attack someone else for is slung right back at ya,huh buck. i am done with this i rest my case......drummer
buck since you cant damn read...i said i was D O N E with this! And you are still calling my rom half-ass...wow. U r a asshole like i said.I just wanted to give you back a little of what you gave me....THE END!>>>>>>

one more log on the fire. thanks dick.

between your crap and all the complete insanity your buddy tecmotronic posted about me, I think I've paid the price for calling your rom half-ass. unless you feel like to need to vent a little more, then do like hurrican55 said - start a new topic.

get off my back.

buck since you cant damn read...i said i was D O N E with this! And you are still calling my rom half-ass...wow. U r a asshole like i said.I just wanted to give you back a little of what you gave me....THE END!>>>>>>

Can't we all just get along!? Both roms are great in their own special way, ... let's just leave it at that. You guys both promote Knobbe, so the way I see it you're both on the same team - to promote old school TSB.

And this is just a question seems to be like this on all the hacked TSB's. Why is it so easy to return a TD on KR? So far with with Miles Austin iv returned 9-13 on KR. Like I said on other versions new and old much of the same.

well, the answer is that these newer hacked roms use the "Kick Returner MS" hack - that means that whoever is returning kicks will use their own MS instead of the Right Tackles MS (like the original TSB code). Unfortunately that usually makes it too easy to return kicks against COM.

I've been going back and forth - trying to decide whether to use this hack - because during MAN v MAN, at least on my ROM, returning kicks is tough. But against COM, it can be easy to get mad yards - so, I usually sub in a slow return guy.

But, I just screwed around with this and I think I've had enough of the easy kick returns - I'm going back to original TSB style (maybe have max Kick Returner MS at 44). Gotta experiment to find a with good range of values that will work for MAN and COM.

And this is just a question seems to be like this on all the hacked TSB's. Why is it so easy to return a TD on KR? So far with with Miles Austin iv returned 9-13 on KR. Like I said on other versions new and old much of the same.

well, the answer is that these newer hacked roms use the "Kick Returner MS" hack - that means that whoever is returning kicks will use their own MS instead of the Right Tackles MS (like the original TSB code). Unfortunately that usually makes it too easy to return kicks against COM.

I've been going back and forth - trying to decide whether to use this hack - because during MAN v MAN, at least on my ROM, returning kicks is tough. But against COM, it can be easy to get mad yards - so, I usually sub in a slow return guy.

But, I just screwed around with this and I think I've had enough of the easy kick returns - I'm going back to original TSB style (maybe have max Kick Returner MS at 44). Gotta experiment to find a with good range of values that will work for MAN and COM.

I noticed the kick returns were a bit easy also. I say, don't mess with the offense speed. If anything, adjust the defense RS or RP up a notch. That should take care of it.

nah, I'm going back to the original TSB code - where the kick returner's MS comes from the RT.

I've got the top 3 return teams with a 44 MS RT, the next 3 or 4 with a 38 MS RT, a majority of teams with 31 MS RT, and a few with 25 MS RT.