Tecmo Throwback now on Playstation Network

The game is live. The single player plays decently well. I miss NFL players, names and editing of stats. I also miss the way players were laid out with ratings in the previous versions. Being able to go into a separate screen for each player and see a picture and the bar graphs with skill ratings and all their stats gave it a sense of personality. The game is too generic and lacks the interface and in-depth menus and stats that made the series so replayable.

As far as online play goes, this is a big FAIL. There is just way too much lag. Tecmo is a game of twitch responses. Cutting on a dime. Cycling through receivers and being able to make quick instinct passes. The game simply lags way too much to do these things effectively.

What makes it worse is the team that creates the room seems to suffer from much less lag than the "visiting" team. I have played four online games so far. I have created the match in two and joined a match in two. The two I created I had a little lag, but it was minimal. I could generally scroll through my players without going past them because the system couldn't keep up, etc. When I joined an existing match the lag was BAD. There were several times my player just ran out of bounds when I was no where near the line, but it "jumped" there because what I was seeing was not where I actually was. I would also appear to "drift" into tackles because I would try and cut, but my player would really be somewhere else and the system would catch up and I would be getting tackled. Don't get me started on thinking I was passing the ball in pressure when the other player was already tackling me.

Even when I created the match I could tell the opponent had problems. They would sometimes get a punt and stand there for a second or two before moving. My opponent also ran out of bounds before when it was clear he was trying to cut upfield.

Until these issues are fixed, the game is just not worth it in online mode.

Is it possible to play a second player locally, or is that option only available in online play? My wife is a Tecmo Super Bowl fan and I am hoping to play against her, but within the friendly confines of our home. Thanks in advance to everyone for their help.