JohnnyLaRue

Color location mega thread

Request: Find the location of the game selection icon palettes. There are multiple version. You can tell by checking out my ROM and going from screen to screen to see how many different color combinations there are.

No clue what you are talking about

Request: Find the location of the game selection icon palettes. There are multiple version. You can tell by checking out my ROM and going from screen to screen to see how many different color combinations there are.

easy

most of the pallet stuff is down in the 0x1a000 section.

just use fceux,

start the code logger,

go to the screen of interest,

stop logger,

and go to section 0x1a--- and find the highlighted area and start tweaking the colors.

I'm telling you how to do this so you can easily change most things. In the time you've waited for EURO-stoner-USA-hater to respond with his "I'm too high to understand what you're saying", you could of changed every one 100 times.

I'm telling you how to do this so you can easily change most things. In the time you've waited for EURO-stoner-USA-hater to respond with his "I'm too high to understand what you're saying", you could of changed every one 100 times.

Ha ha ha ha! That's a good one Bucky! Still butt hurt I see. :D I guess I should just refer to you as Butt Hurt Buck from now on (or BHB for short)

Actually I am amused it's that easy to get under your skin. I mean for you to even acknowledge me and make a personal jab speaks volumes.

Ah, but there-in lies the problem! I'm using a machine that I cannot format, and which currently is unable to run Fceux. My laptop died a few months ago, and I have not been able to replace it. I'm using an apartment PC that has not been backed-up and sorted through by the owner so that I can wipe it out. Currently, when I try to run any version of Fceux, it hangs for a few seconds and then a pop-up 'unknown' windows error screen comes up.

Believe me. It's been a real bitch doing what I've been doing without being able to use Fceux this past month.

Ha ha ha ha! That's a good one Bucky! Still butt hurt I see. :D I guess I should just refer to you as Butt Hurt Buck from now on (or BHB for short)

Actually I am amused it's that easy to get under your skin. I mean for you to even acknowledge me and make a personal jab speaks volumes.

believe me, don't be so amused or start feeling good about yourself because I decided to make a joke. no "hurt butt" and nothing under my skin. looks like you're the one with the issues.

believe me, don't be so amused or start feeling good about yourself because I decided to make a joke. no "hurt butt" and nothing under my skin. looks like you're the one with the issues.

Nice try BHB but I am not buying it. Keep trying to defend yourself though as I enjoy the laughs. :D

Nice try BHB but I am not buying it. Keep trying to defend yourself though as I enjoy the laughs. :D

have a nice day.

most of the pallet stuff is down in the 0x1a000 section.

just use fceux,

start the code logger,

go to the screen of interest,

stop logger,

and go to section 0x1a--- and find the highlighted area and start tweaking the colors.

I love when you veterans pop off something just like this post and label it as "easy". :D Go USA!

Ah, but there-in lies the problem! I'm using a machine that I cannot format, and which currently is unable to run Fceux. My laptop died a few months ago, and I have not been able to replace it. I'm using an apartment PC that has not been backed-up and sorted through by the owner so that I can wipe it out. Currently, when I try to run any version of Fceux, it hangs for a few seconds and then a pop-up 'unknown' windows error screen comes up.

Believe me. It's been a real bitch doing what I've been doing without being able to use Fceux this past month.

I have to deal with this sort of thing, too (nesticle, fceux, and even TSB Tool on a work computer)

This is what I did to get around the problem:

run the programs straight from a USB flash drive.

try it.

BG color for any screen that shows Large Helm = 0001A8F0

BG color of most "title" screens that use black background (like PRESEASON, SUPER BOWL, PRO BOWL, etc) = 0001A610

Placing these here for my reference, also for those who may be searching for them.

Each BG and SPR pallete set is 16 bytes long

28 team rom

BACKGROUND PALLETES

0x1A010-1A3CF

EMPTY BG PALLETE SPACE

0x1A3D0-1A60F

SPRITE PALLETES

0x1A610-1AB3F

EMPTY SPR PALLETE SPACE

0x1AB40-1ABFF

BLINKING/FLASHING PALETTE POINTERS

0x1AC10-1AC2F

BLINKING/FLASHING PALETTE DATA

0x1AC30-1AEC8

DATA FORMAT FOR BLINKING/CHANGING PALLETE

If next byte to process < 20. The first byte is the index into one of the BG or SPR pallete colors. The next byte is the new color to put in there.

PALLETE INDEX, PALLETE COLOR = command length of 2 bytes

If next byte to process > =20 && <=FE 

Sets the number of frames -20 to wait until the next color change. Example 0x40= 0x40 -0x20= wait 0x20 frames = wait 32 frames = wait ~0.5 seconds.

If next byte to process =FE 

Loop back to beginning of data.

If next byte to process =FF 

Stop pallete update. 

Can anyone clue me on what the hex location is for the cross and red in the NFL logo on the injury recovery screen is? 

maxresdefault.jpg

I am looking to edit them from 25 to 15. Thanks in advance to whoever steps up!