Prima Donna Ball Hawk/Pick Six

xplozv

Prima Donna Ball Hawk/Pick Six

Posted on 05/19/10

Major Additions:

1) All skill players are eligible on every pass play, even if they are supposed to be blocking. If they are not blocking anyone, or have already made their block and are just sitting there, the QB just may check it down.(Remember that when playing defense, you must cover everyone!!!)

2) Here is more of Jstout's incredible work: now you will control only one player on defense at all times!!!

"Ball Hawk" has you controlling the FS at all times. So in MAN vs MAN play, you can go mano a mano WR1 vs FS.

"Pick Six" has you controlling the RCB at all times. So in MAN vs MAN play, you can go mano a mano WR1 vs RCB.

Much Thanks go to Jstout for that.

3) 32-team rom with this past season's rosters. It is also based on Jstout's 3-4 4-3 rom(cxrom's 1.05). Has features of my original JBI 4 rom.

3-4 Teams use: 3-4, 5-2, 3-3-5, Dime

4-3 Teams use: 4-3, 4-4, 4-6, 4-2-5

4) Increased Snap & Pitch speed, Jstout's Ultra Logic, Custom Juice(Defense speed increases)

This version is not for the faint of heart either. It will present its own challenge.

You are the #1 WR on your team. Will you go across the middle for the first down?

You have control of WR1 at all times.

You never have control of the QB, FB, TE, or HB.

You never return kickoffs, punts, fumbles, or interceptions.

You press to kickoff, punt, xp/fg, however, COM will cover the punts and kickoffs.

You must pick your plays wisely because once you press to hike the ball, you have no control over

what the QB does or who he throws to. So there is a bit of coaching involved here.

You must run your own route on passing plays, however, you run to any open area you find to get open. COM defender will cover you if he is in man coverage, so shake free if you can.

On passing plays, you will not have an icon above your head unless you catch a ball that is thrown to you.

On the reverse play, you have control immediately after handoff.

On running plays for the HB, FB, and QB, you are free to run around and block as the WR1.

Learn the Formations if you don't already know them, so that you will know where you are presnap on every play.

You still play defense as normal, so get the ball back for your offense.

Are you that Go-To Guy, or are you just a Possession Receiver? Let's find out!

Hacks: *** End of quarter stats screens so that you know how well you are doing. 2 returners are deep on kickoffs now, 50/50 on who returns the kick. ***

QBs will rarely take sacks, Player condition, player 2 condition fix, increase kickoff length, kickoff moved to 30yd line, 3% injuries, PC/PA hack, increased defensive jumping for passes, shorter FGs and punts, Grapple Hack,

only Man vs Com(1 player) & Man vs Man(2 player) in the preseason, Coa is available for season mode

Much thanks goes out to Jstout, Cxrom, Bad Al, Bruddog, Buck, Maynard, and everyone else for all the hacks, programs, great ideas and roms, and their continued contributions to the TSB community.

Prima Donna Ball Hawk.zip

Prima Donna Pick Six.zip

Prima Donna TSB.zip

With little to no effort on my part, I used TSB playmaker to transfer the WR & RB playbooks into a college ROM i have and presto... The Bring it Heisman challenge (WR & RB versions).

One thing I noticed with the WR version is that you DO have control of the returner on Punt returns so that is a nice touch for this rom. It gives you the option to use your WR for punt returns which of course is usually another category that helps Heisman candidates. If it would be possible to get control on Kickoff returns and on the RB version that would be awesome too.

All credit goes to xplosv and ruben for the two roms & hacks. All I did was transfer the playbook, do 2009 rosters, and give it the catchy name.

bring it heisman challenge 2009 - RB.zip

bring it heisman challenge 2009 - WR.zip

New version is out. This very has a lot more stuff and a couple of unique things added to it. First off, I can't thank Jstout enough for making Single Defensive Player Control happen. Now you control only one defensive player at all times.

"Ball Hawk" controls FS at all times. In MAN vs MAN, WR1 & FS mano a mano.

"Pick Six" controls RCB at all times. In MAN vs MAN, WR1 & RCB mano a mano.

Second major change is that all skill players (HB, FB, WR1, WR2, & TE) are all eligible on every pass play. So even if they are set to block, they are an available option for your QB. This is especially so when there is no one to block, or they may already have made their block. So remember that when on defense, you must cover everyone!!!

Second major change is that all skill players (HB, FB, WR1, WR2, & TE) are all eligible on every pass play. So even if they are set to block, they are an available option for your QB. This is especially so when there is no one to block, or they may already have made their block. So remember that when on defense, you must cover everyone!!!

This is something I've been looking forward to incorporating into MAN Mode. I think it's a great idea.

nice. i played ed reed as safety and it was very fun... 1 note, it is near impossible to have a winning season having flacco throw with any regularity. Also i get the the point about not being able to run back punts but it would bring more interaction for players. Lastly i like how huting the ball speed is faster, and having all offensive threats avalible... look forward to any future editions. thanks

• 4 years later...

I played the Ball Hawk version of this ROM for the first time today.  I've been going through MGK's thread of recommended/popular ROMS.  It took me a few games to figure out how the offense works.  Still not great at the passing end of things, but love blocking downfield for the running plays.  Really great take on the game.  

I noticed an odd thing when looking through the stat leaders.  Seattle's placekicker had attempted a huge amount of FGs only a couple of games into the season.  I simmed out the whole season and Mare ended up going 66-157 on FG attempts.  Seattle as a team went 0-16.  They scored 220 (mostly on FGs) and gave up 830 points.  I simmed another season and got similar results for Seattle.  I thought it was pretty interesting, and kind of cool.  Never have seen anything like it before, unless I was the one kicking all the FGs. 

Edited by fandouts