ROHF 8 IN THE BOX/NO GUTS NO GLORY

xplozv

ROHF 8 IN THE BOX/NO GUTS NO GLORY

Posted on 05/19/10

Major Additions:[/b]

1) All skill players are eligible on every pass play, even if they are supposed to be blocking. If they are not blocking anyone, or have already made their block and are just sitting there, the QB just may check it down.(Remember that when playing defense, you must cover everyone!!!)

2) Here is more of Jstout's incredible work: now you will control only one player on defense at all times!!!

"8 in the box" has you controlling the SS at all times. So in MAN vs MAN play, you can go mano a mano SS vs RB1.

"No Guts No Glory" has you controlling the RILB(MLB) at all times. So in MAN vs MAN play, you can go mano a mano RILB(MLB) vs RB1.

Much Thanks go to Jstout for that.

3) 32-team rom with this past season's rosters. It is also based on Jstout's 3-4 4-3 rom(cxrom's 1.05). Has features of my original JBI 4 rom.

3-4 Teams use: 3-4, 5-2, 3-3-5, Dime

4-3 Teams use: 4-3, 4-4, 4-6, 4-2-5

4) Increased Snap & Pitch speed, Jstout's Ultra Logic, Custom Juice(Defense speed increases)

This rom is not for the faint of heart. If you've been looking for a challenge, then look no further.

You are the #1 RB on your team. Can you pound the rock on your way to a Super Bowl victory?

You have control of RB1 at all times.

You never have control of the QB, FB, TE, or WRs.

You never return kickoffs, punts, fumbles, or interceptions.

You press to kickoff, punt, xp/fg, however, COM will cover the punts and kickoffs.

You must pick your plays wisely because once you press to hike the ball, you have no control over

what the QB does or who he throws to. So there is a bit of coaching involved here.

You must run your own route on passing plays, however, you run to any open area you find to get open. COM defender with cover you if he is in man coverage, so shake free if you can.

On passing plays, you will not have an icon above your head unless you catch a ball that is thrown to you.

On running plays, you have control immediately after handoff, sometimes you have immediate control of RB1 if it is a pitch play like T Fake Sweep R.

On running plays for the WRs, FB, and QB, you are free to run around as the RB1.

Learn the Formations if you don't already know them, so that you will know where you are presnap on every play.

You still play defense as normal, so get the ball back for your offense.

Those who never punt may be punting for the first time. :roll:

Are you ready to be that every down back in TSB? Let's find out!

Hacks: *** End of quarter stats screens so that you know how well you are doing. 2 returners are deep on kickoffs now, 50/50 on who returns the kick. ***

QBs will rarely take sacks, Player condition, player 2 condition fix, increase kickoff length, kickoff moved to 30yd line, 3% injuries, PC/PA hack, increased defensive jumping for passes, shorter FGs and punts, Grapple hack,

only Man vs Com(1 player) & Man vs Man(2 player) in the preseason, Coa is available for season mode

Much thanks goes out to Jstout, Cxrom, Bad Al, Bruddog, Buck, Maynard, and everyone else for all the hacks, programs, great ideas and roms, and their continued contributions to the TSB community.

RHOF 8 In the Box.zip

RHOF No Guts No Glory.zip

TSB RHOF.zip

xplozv - so far, the only thing I think could be better is reducing the QB "take sack" variables for each passing play....I just watched my QB Harbaugh take 4 sacks in a row. that's a bit out of hand.

btw, playing a season w/ Muster (blocking for Neal) - using CHI default playbooks - fun as hell, just wish the QB wouldn't just stand there and take sacks so much.

1.How did you get the stat screen at the end of every quarter? Can you apply this to any rom?

2. What is more defensive jumping specifically. How was this hack achieved.

3. I notice that you can still cycle the passing icon by pressing the a button even though it doesn't do anything.

xplozv - so far, the only thing I think could be better is reducing the QB "take sack" variables for each passing play....I just watched my QB Harbaugh take 4 sacks in a row. that's a bit out of hand.

There were 8 passing plays that had bugs in them where both a WR or TE was under your control at the same time. Those are now fixed and have been re-upped. Also, thanks to Buck for pointing this out, QBs will rarely take a sack now.

1.How did you get the stat screen at the end of every quarter? Can you apply this to any rom?

Yes this can be applied to any rom. Here is the hex locations for it:

SET( 0x22109, 0x4E ) end of 1st quarter

SET( 0x22113, 0x4E ) end of 2nd quarter

SET( 0x2213D, 0x4E ) end of 3rd quarter

2. What is more defensive jumping specifically. How was this hack achieved.

With this hack the defender(s) closest to the receiver or in the path of the ball heading to a receiver will jump to attempt an interception every opportunity they have. They will do this even if the receiver is standing still waiting for the ball. If that defender does not have alot of ability, he will miss 90% of the time, and that will lead to a reception for the WR where it would usually be incomplete. If the defender has alot of ability, he has 40 to 50% chance to pick the pass off. When a receiver dives for a pass while the ball is in air and a safety, or other defender comes to double team, there is a great chance it will be INT by that second defender because he jumped and the WR didn't jump. So this helps expose and bad pass defense and reward a good pass defense. So be careful when throwing in tight coverage.

**** This effects you as a MAN defender too. You can now move in the path of a pass while it is in the air and jump a route to attempt an INT instead of chasing a WR around. This makes zone coverage effective. ****

Here is the hex location for that: (def diving must be removed to work)

SET( 0x29BDE, 0xEAEA ) make def jump at every opportunity

SET( 0x29BFE, 0xEAEAEA ) removes def diving

3. I notice that you can still cycle the passing icon by pressing the a button even though it doesn't do anything.

Yeah, that does nothing. It does that because I didn't remove all the A0-A4s for the other players.

I plan to implement the RB1 version and WR1 version for the 32-team rom with updated rosters. This version was a test to see if I could make this happen. So updated versions are coming soon!

Wow this rom is amazing!!!!

Just started a scrim, with myself as DET, against SD (default playbooks). First possession - a couple of nice runs, but then Peete throws a pick, despite it being out of bounds throw. Butts easily runs it in the next play (using juiced rom).

Next drive, Barry takes me down with a few nice runs, but I choose pass, in the redzone, and it's INT'd. hehe....

I'm going to play a season, cause I am dying to see how I progress! Great work guys! Alot of fun instore I hope (and am sure I will get).

- O'Dell

Just started a scrim, with myself as DET, against SD (default playbooks). First possession - a couple of nice runs, but then Peete throws a pick, despite it being out of bounds throw. Butts easily runs it in the next play (using juiced rom).

Next drive, Barry takes me down with a few nice runs, but I choose pass, in the redzone, and it's INT'd. hehe....

That's how Barry's seasons went for so many years. I can see him wanting to slam his helmet on the ground right now. :roll:

WHen you say this:

SET( 0x29BDE, 0xEAEA ) make def jump at every opportunity

SET( 0x29BFE, 0xEAEAEA ) removes def diving

WHat does it mean? I get the location but what next? :roll:

These are SET commands to be used with TSBTool. However, if you want to put these in using a hex editor, then go to each address:

x29BDE type "EA EA"

x29BFE type "EA EA EA"

I also forgot to mention that for the end of quarter stats screen, that it will play the end of game music by default. To make it play the end of quarter tune, go to these addresses:

xEE2D type "2C"

xEE3E type "2C"

or use these SET commands

SET( 0xEE2D, 0x2C )

SET( 0xEE3E, 0x2C )

These are SET commands to be used with TSBTool. However, if you want to put these in using a hex editor, then go to each address:

x29BDE type "EA EA"

x29BFE type "EA EA EA"

I didn't think I would like this hack...but I applied it to a regular rom and I think it's a cool feature. Nice idea, xplozv.

Ok I get it now. Although there is no "set" command or option on TSB tool. Or I can't find it...

When you open a rom with TSBtool Supreme, enter the SET commands on the blank white screen, before you open "view contents".

1) load rom

2) enter your SET commands on the blank white screen

I played a preseason game of Bills vs Colts and on a completed pass I was able to control the WR.

Is this by design?

No, there a about maybe 3 to 4 plays I have to adjust where this takes place. I thought I got them all with the previous release, but noticed a couple of them when I used it as a base for the WR version. These will be fixed in my next release which will be on the 32-team rom for both versions.

• 2 weeks later...

x29BDE type "EA EA"

x29BFE type "EA EA EA"

I didn't think I would like this hack...but I applied it to a regular rom and I think it's a cool feature. Nice idea, xplozv.

well, I kinda miss the diving a little bit...I've played a few games with this hack and without - I get more INTs without the hack.

xplozv, Is there a way to just reduce the amount (or range) of the auto-diving?