MT Remix presents: NCAA This Is Our House !!! Coming Soon

DrunkenGamer

i like texas....the Texas that almost lost to Suh who almost singled handedly beat them but i hate mack brown........loved major applewhite, but like i said LSU BABY!!!!!! we get most of the big texas recuirts like....addai, laffel i can keep going....lol :wink:

Thanks for taking Perilleoux (I don't even know if that's how its spelt) We owe you one! And I'm not big on Mack, but when the man profits your school 50 mill in his first 5 years, I knew I was just gonna have to deal with it! But he has changed the atmosphere here around Austin, and I can't knock him there. Come Early, Be Loud, Stay Late!

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I'm brand new around here, but I love playing NCAA versions of TSB... so I figured I'd ask... Any chance that Clemson could be in your final list of teams on the game?

Whether they are or not, thanks for all the effort that you've put into it... can't wait to play it a few hundred times!

Obviously I'm brand new around here, but I love playing NCAA versions of TSB... so I figured I'd ask... Any chance that Clemson could be in your final list of teams on the game?

Whether they are or not, thanks for all the effort that you've put into it... can't wait to play it a few hundred times!

Updated the first post with a screen shot of the team select menu. Sorry but Clemson won't be on the original version. But afterwards, if you remind me, I will try and get you a copy with them on it. Once were done, it shouldn't take too long to exchange a team out. Just knee deep in coding and time is limited right now.

If this truly does play more like the snes version, I might write an editor just for that reason!

Our plan is just that, but I can't guarantee that it will. But with peeps help we hope to achieve it. I know that one thing TSB3 doesn't do good is the spin move. We have an idea on how to tone it down, but it may not make this version. Right now were going for team styles and only star players get the Realism Treatment. Meaning Wisconsin's RBs will be their best asset. When playing with them we hope to make it hard for them to win a game by just passing alone. Teams like Houston should have to pass it to have a chance. They shouldn't be able to rush it down the throat of Florida. I really have a great respect to all those who take on rating players. But it being a college game, this kind of loosens everyones expectations for individual player ratings some what I hope. Most people won't care about Boise's WR ratings. We believe that college football is about the team colors and its stars. But we will bust our butts to get a playable beta to ya'll this weekend. Thanks.

Changed the title of this thread to reflect the games new name. Also posted the screens of our dirty lil secret on the first post here. NCAA: This Is Our House says it all!! Beta testers are getting a first glance at it, and their feedback on the plays is just the beginning. Until we release a community beta, enjoy those pics... Hook 'Em!!! Gilbert for Hesiman!!

Without giving spoilers, I want to say this is very well done. The best part was that I felt like when I loaded it up, it was a new game that I purchased, and I had that "first time feeling" you get when you play a new game you're excited about. I had to learn a little how the menu worked and it all had a "brand new" feel to it. Very fucking nicely done, gentlemen. This is amazing. I'm not an NCAA football guy, nor am I a TSB3 guy, but since this game is so well done, if it was ever made into a non-college game, keeping everything else the same, I think it'd be a blast to play.

When you're all done, if you were able to make a generic NFL game (no helmets or logos, maybe just blank them out) and this game had an editor, an NFL style game would be really fun with the engine you built. How you made some of this stuff is simply stunning.

Without giving spoilers, I want to say this is very well done. The best part was that I felt like when I loaded it up, it was a new game that I purchased, and I had that "first time feeling" you get when you play a new game you're excited about. I had to learn a little how the menu worked and it all had a "brand new" feel to it. Very fucking nicely done, gentlemen. This is amazing. I'm not an NCAA football guy, nor am I a TSB3 guy, but since this game is so well done, if it was ever made into a non-college game, keeping everything else the same, I think it'd be a blast to play.

When you're all done, if you were able to make a generic NFL game (no helmets or logos, maybe just blank them out) and this game had an editor, an NFL style game would be really fun with the engine you built. How you made some of this stuff is simply stunning.

Thanks for the feedback TT, and yes I want to make a NFL game, with a majority of the hacks we did. We also have a special game that you prolly are gonna love. But that's Level 51 top secret! But with the menus I have a couple of things I'm still looking for to help navigating thru them. But were slowly achieving everything we set out to when we started this hacking stuff. TT wait til I put those style graphics into the Coach K game youN Cane55 and me are gonna do for next season....

Drunken really put a lot of creative thought into it, and decided on the cell shaded look to make them pop. The simple bright colors are more of a retro look as well. We will be listing as many people who helped on the finds to blow this game open. I will be tweaking a few of the plays for the initial release on the board, but the feel won't change from what we have. Wait til you see kickoff and punt returns. Please give us any bugs you find as well, I need constructive criticism to push me. Don't get me wrong, we like the pats on the back, but we still want a 32 team ROM. That will lead to the nfl version of this engine. Just 800 more player races to change, and then the base atts are next. Later.

PS. If you weren't one of the 10 chosen to get the first edition, don't feel slighted. We didn't want to release a buggy version. So if by this weekend no one reports any freezing bugs, then we'll release. hope it lives up to the hype. SWAG to the left, SWAG to the right, SWAG all day, F... All night!!!

How did you get the selected player helmet icon to animate (spin)?

The original game has 6 separate tile sets that were all drawn the same in the shape of an arrow but with different color schemes. The tiles use the team color palette and in the original it makes the icon over the head appear to blink. All I did was go into a tile editor and draw over those tile sets 6 different helmet animations in 6 different directions. So instead of a blinking icon, it now appears to spin.

The game looks amazing.....I think i just blew a wod in my pants!!! Hook'em Horns!!

My brother just handed me the second stage of plays. Its noticeably different and better than the last beta. He's prolly gonna send it out to some of ya'll again tonight. TecmoTurd, Slim, Fats, for sure. Still haven't heard back from some of the others who we sent it to. Not big deal, maybe should have posted who we sent it to. Think Rod, Maynard, jstout, and Elway were 4 off the top that I think he sent it to who haven't responded yet. None the less, think ya'll we be included again unless ya'll don't want to. Maybe he'll remember to CC me in on the PM this time!! LOL. El Rey, I told him to include you in on this beta test also. Drummer seeing if you'd like to have a chance with it also, know you're busy with your own project, but I personally like people like myself who think outside the box. Anyone else who wants to help is welcomed. Just need a couple more for this beta, so room is limited. Thanks to all who replied and I'll post some more pics later this week if I finish some more of the graphics. Hook 'Em!!! Tre Newton is gonna be a beast!!

I would love to be chosen to test the new version. I will not be hurt if I am not chosen. The first beta version looked to good on my 46" inch LED TV with sound coming from my Yamaha 7.1 channel receiver. I bet this new version will look and sound even better. Hook'em Horns!!

You are on the list. Getting a gamer and not a hackers input is just as important. I sent stingmngnt the first, no response, so you are replacing him. Hopefully tonight or friday night the latest. Starting to get feed. Some good, some bad, but mostly constructive, and that's the important part. Feed back is necessary to raise the bar. Nothings ever perfect. So give it to us in truckloads so we can address and try and achieve.