MT Remix presents: NCAA This Is Our House !!! Coming Soon

DrunkenGamer

Let me start off and apologize for not finishing the last game and ending with just a beta version. It nags me more than anything not to have been able to polish it more before its release. Was not our intent to do it that way. But we did it for great reasons! We first were just going to slightly hack the offensive formations, but as we progressed, the discoveries keep piling on. No one has done as much to TSB3 as me and my bro Hurricane55, though we have used NES and SNES threads to help us narrow our searches, so most of the time we've spent has been on finding the hex. Now that we have all the data, we just need to apply it. As of right now we have completely hacked the entire playbooks for offense and defense. From defensive plays to on screen graphics nothing is left to find! So on with the hype and hopefully some feedback.

Here's what new in the coming Rom:

1. New Defenses and defensive audibles. 50%

2. New Offenses and offensive audibles. You will need to relearn some things cause we've given ya'll more control than ever. 50%

3. New player models, even better than last roms! 100%

4. KR and PR for each team will be correct. 0%

5. Player faces will be redrawn and reassigned to the star players for each team! 0%

6. New College theme backgrounds. All the old ones were to NFL'ly for my taste. 25%

7. New Team Endzones and other advances to make each teams home field fell more unique. 80% (Thanks to jstout for helping me get rid of the stadium overlay. Gave us true colors for the sideline and endzones. Game wouldn't look quite as good without them)

8. Team sim changed to give higher ranked teams better chances of making the playoffs. 0%

9. More diverse player ratings. Average players will be geared to what that team is known for. 0%

10. Dynasty Mode? Have hacked the free agent and trade aspects of the game to give them a more college feel. 100%

11. Team styles will be better reflected, Run teams will run, Pass teams will pass. 60%

12. New Team rosters. If you're a running team you'll have 4 RBs listed and 4 WR. Pass Teams will carry only 3 RBs and 5 WR on the depth chart. Possibly all out pass teams will carry 6 WR. Still thinking that one out. 50%

13. New play select graphics and backgrounds. 0%

14. The Wildcat 100%

15. New Intro and Title screen. 0%

16. Teams are set 100% (posted team select screenshots)

New: The percentages seem to show we have a lot of work ahead, but really its not. I have all the info for the 0% stuff and as things fall in line they will be easily added. Sometimes I forget how much we actually have done cause I've seen it so many times. I hope to have something to give some peeps here to test and see their thoughts. I was gonna post some screen shots but think I'll wait a lil longer. Thanks to all who get into the editing this game...

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

New: Posted 3 Major Graphic Changes. Screens are from our last rom and how they look now. If you think they look good, wait til you see them for real. Not shown are the new animations, plays, and much much more is still to come. Oh yeah, This Is Our House tells it all, every home stadium is decked out in your teams colors... From the fans to the mid field logo, you'll know it's home. And yes those are players on the sidelines... Hook 'Em!!

post-8603-13413728348073_thumb.jpg

post-8603-13413728352149_thumb.jpg

post-8603-13413728355497_thumb.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing ww are tryimng to do is to give the game a more TSB1 gameplay feel. Not just graphically, but the feeling that star players matter, like the bo jackson of TSB. TSB was football, but still had a certain video game apeal to non sports fans, like utilizing superstars to make plays. Hope we accomplish this. We have set up deadlines so to speak on ourselves. End of May all research and devolpement will stop. June we will focus on creating the edit, and by mid july release the final product. We have a long list of features we are working on. But we arededicated, and now that my little side affair with coach K is done for now, my focus is back on TSB3. please give feed back and start lobbying for your teams. Remember we will probably use about 20 different polls to get at least the top 25 teams, after that 26-40 will be battling it out for a spot. Hell, we can have an american idol type weekly vote off. That might be fun. Let us know.....Rod can be Ryan seacrest:) Tecmo can be randy, maynard, simon, and i guess that leave elway as paula:) later.....U and I know Swag.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know really. i tried a couple i found in google that didnt work but that wasnt one of them. i want to edit the rosters mostly, make it more competitive than the most recent rom i found on here, 03-04 i think where t.o. was the only star on the game. never messed with roms before but it would be fun

• 1 month later...

The teams have been set, and I'm working the new team graphics for the new teams added. I am about 85% done with the stadiums, and man they are gonna blow peeps minds! Thanks to jstout and his hex magic, he helped me eliminate the highlight that goes with the stadiums to give us true colors for the fields. I'll prolly start posting screen shots once I start completing things. I have only a couple of more things to find before I can remap the playcall screens. Think I'm gonna go oldschool with the style. The two row look that Tecmo had. So keep an eye out, its coming... Hook 'Em!!

Thanks, slim. I am trying to finish the names, and hopefully I can get skin colors correct for each player(all 1170). Ratings, then simulation settings. Finally tweak the playbooks. Then artwork for each new play. Sounds like a lot, but really just an hour here and there, and we'll be done.

• 1 month later...

I edited the first post, so to give a status on our game. Now I want to get some info from some of ya'll. I need fav college teams from some of the veterans around here. I have a surprise for the ones who reply to this if their team is on our game. Also, I want around 10 people here to game test it here by hopefully next Saturday. It won't be the finished product but still should show off our game enough to get our feel of what direction we are taking this game. Thanks and I hope to hear from ya'll... Hook 'Em!

Cheerleader don't let Cane55 hear ya talk about his Miami team. He'll go on one of his rants about the 80s! Haha..

The Canes have the 2010's 8th hardest schedule with a team that couldn't handle the 50th hardest! Get ready DH... it's going to be a long football season sitting shotgun next to him while you two grind out your kickass roms. :lol:

Add Penn State and North Carolina to the mix if you can. :wink:

You're telling me Cheerleader, I have to hear it all the time about how my Horns are screwing up off and on the field. It doesn't help with Roy, Cedric, Sergio... Maybe this year his Canes can do something this year, so he can talk about that instead of my team! Haha, I had to strike back T, you've been riding on my team on your posts for a whole minute. :wink:. But yeah NC will be on the game for sure. Will release a screen of the US map logos of all the teams hopefully in the next couple of days. And then by next week will shot ya'll a beta for testing. Just remember when ya'll get it, its hush-hush on its contents. May even recruit some peeps for sim values and other minor stuff. We're still ironing out what were trying to accomplish.

You can count on me to keep it hush hush. I'd never ruin a release party like this...I'm not even a huge TSB3 fan, but I'm a fan of creativity, and you guys have hyped this thing beyond belief. Plus you're both cool cats who've helped me in the past, so I figured I'd return the flavor.

LSU first team to when two bcs championships....im just saying..... :lol:

Why would we put good teams on this Rom? Blink, blink... Joking. You can't lobby for good teams, LSU is an automatic. That's cool about the two BCS titles though. Maybe they could do it without a loss! Like Alabama. (Smell that? Shit talking means it's almost time for Footbaaaaaaaaaaaalllll) The SEC is good, but talk to me when they send 2 non conference champion team (No-class-ka and Oklahomo) to the championship. Nebraska didn't even win the North, but still played for the title! (I hate Chris "no Spleen a-hole" Simms) What I'm getting at is that the BCS = Beauty Contest System. :wink: All that ranting just to set up this: Our game has a playoff system, there can only be one... Hook 'Em!! Gilbert for Heisman!!!