New to Editing (Questions)

FootballSchemer

Hi, I was inspired by a video I saw on YouTube

To start editing one of my favorite games Tecmo Bowl. I ultmately want to be able to add the 1985 USFL Teams and Roster to Tecmo Bowl.

Anyways, I will be doing so with TSB (SNES) just as the video above.

So far I have used Supreme and TSB Manager 2000 and have been able to change Roster Names, Jerseys, Team Names, Team Locations, Attributes.

When I try to change the Uniforms using Supreme it does not work for me.

So here are my questions

1) How can I edit uniforms?

2) How can I edit the Helmet Logos/Logos/Endzone Logos?

3) Is there a working play designer for TSB (SNES)?

4) If so, can I edit my own formations? Such as the Quarterback being 10 yards back in Shotgun?

5) Is ALL this possible with just hex editing?

Thanks for helping me out! Im new and I am trying my best to do this by myself with as many little newb questions as possible...

I am unsure if you can edit Tecmo Bowl with the Tecmo SUPER Bowl editing tools...

Im using Tecmo Super Bowl for SNES.

I ran accross TSBPlayMaker_0.2 and I saw where someone created a WR screen play out of 5 wide and was able to move players to edit the formation.

Any guide on how to do this or would anyone be able to explain this to me? Thanks!

You can manually edit the uniforms by text, but it is a very time consuming process. The easy solution is a program called STUE, which can be found here. http://tecmobowl.org/forum//viewtopic.php?f ... TUE#p99433

It's pretty good as a whole editing uniforms.

For helmet/endzone/logo editing, you'll need Tile Layer Pro, which you can find in a search. Before really digging in, I recommend just downloading it and playing around to get a hang of the program. Also, a SNES palette editor will be needed. Locations of each teams different things are spread out through the site, you'll need this editor to change colors.

As for play designer, I do not believe so.

Hex editing does not do anything graphic wise if I recall.

For all the locations of the various editing stuff for the SNES, you can check the link in my sig...I've compiled everything I've ever seen for the SNES version (my favorite version as well). I have a handy sheet I wrote too that helps with editing uniforms. Any questions, feel free to ask, I'm a fan of furthering the SNES cause.

I am unsure if you can edit Tecmo Bowl with the Tecmo SUPER Bowl editing tools...

I ran accross TSBPlayMaker_0.2 and I saw where someone created a WR screen play out of 5 wide and was able to move players to edit the formation.

Any guide on how to do this or would anyone be able to explain this to me? Thanks!

You can edit the preplay positions...editing palys is a little different. right now me and Drunken_Honkey are putting together data on how to redesign plays on TSB3 for SNES. TSB for snes is a little less complicated, put any info you want i'll try to give. By the way, we have succesfully implemented wildcat and a "bubble" screen, actually working on an otpion play....we will get back to actually putting together a 2011 version once we are done testing ideas...Again any help, i am jsut a PM away.

You can edit the preplay positions...editing palys is a little different. right now me and Drunken_Honkey are putting together data on how to redesign plays on TSB3 for SNES. TSB for snes is a little less complicated, put any info you want i'll try to give. By the way, we have succesfully implemented wildcat and a "bubble" screen, actually working on an otpion play....we will get back to actually putting together a 2011 version once we are done testing ideas...Again any help, i am jsut a PM away.

Thanks for all your help guys! I will be PM you hurricane

You can manually edit the uniforms by text, but it is a very time consuming process. The easy solution is a program called STUE, which can be found here. http://tecmobowl.org/forum//viewtopic.php?f ... TUE#p99433

For helmet/endzone/logo editing, you'll need Tile Layer Pro, which you can find in a search. Before really digging in, I recommend just downloading it and playing around to get a hang of the program. Also, a SNES palette editor will be needed. Locations of each teams different things are spread out through the site, you'll need this editor to change colors.

I got the uniforms to work, but I downloaded TLP and Palette Editor and I played around with it but have no idea how to use it. Just a bunch of squares with a million colors. Is there any guides for this?

You can manually edit the uniforms by text, but it is a very time consuming process. The easy solution is a program called STUE, which can be found here. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12527&p=99433&hilit=STUE#p99433

I got the uniforms to work, but I downloaded TLP and Palette Editor and I played around with it but have no idea how to use it. Just a bunch of squares with a million colors. Is there any guides for this?

For the palette editor, take a look at the hex locations in the sig of TecmoTurd. There, you'll find locations for different things so you can change the color.

As for tile, I don't have any definite locations, you just have to slowly look to find them. Endzones are easy to find, but aren't straightforward always. Team name logos you have to switch to I believe NES or Game Boy format in the editor, they are compressed. All of the helmet logos are together, just look for something that resembles part of a teams' logo and they should be together.

For the palette editor, take a look at the hex locations in the sig of TecmoTurd. There, you'll find locations for different things so you can change the color.

As for tile, I don't have any definite locations, you just have to slowly look to find them. Endzones are easy to find, but aren't straightforward always. Team name logos you have to switch to I believe NES or Game Boy format in the editor, they are compressed. All of the helmet logos are together, just look for something that resembles part of a teams' logo and they should be together.

Do you edit the helmets the same way you edit the endzones using Tile Editors?

For instance MrNFL on your high light videoes when the helmets of the teams show up before each game such as the Titans would obviously had to be added in.

Thanks

Tile Molester works way better for me but whats the deal with the colors being off?

just double clik on the pallette. Should be in 4bp mode......16 colors. When you get the 16 colors, always leave the first one a bright green....it will always be blanke in game...then lets say you are looking for The jets, change the other 15 to colors they might use...green, whit gray, different shades, then when you are searching the graphics should shoe out. Warning though, the graphics can also be in nes mode(or 2bp)...and they are never in a true order, they are kind of in a jigsaw usually 2-4tiles, then it will layer, over and over...have fun:)

PS, you hit add pallet when done editing your custom pallet, and name it what you want. This pallett is now tied to the file you are editing, but if you change file orname it different, you'll lose the edit pallet. You can also create yor own editing window. Just hit new on the main bar, type in like 10000 bytes, and save as editor. Now make the editors pallett match the pallett for the main rom. Now you can copy tiles from the original and drop into the editor, then reorganize to see what is what. experiment. Thsi is how i did the uneditable logos in Coach K. Lots of puzzles, but when you finish, it is prettyawesome!

just double clik on the pallette. Should be in 4bp mode......16 colors. When you get the 16 colors, always leave the first one a bright green....it will always be blanke in game...then lets say you are looking for The jets, change the other 15 to colors they might use...green, whit gray, different shades, then when you are searching the graphics should shoe out. Warning though, the graphics can also be in nes mode(or 2bp)...and they are never in a true order, they are kind of in a jigsaw usually 2-4tiles, then it will layer, over and over...have fun:)

PS, you hit add pallet when done editing your custom pallet, and name it what you want. This pallett is now tied to the file you are editing, but if you change file orname it different, you'll lose the edit pallet. You can also create yor own editing window. Just hit new on the main bar, type in like 10000 bytes, and save as editor. Now make the editors pallett match the pallett for the main rom. Now you can copy tiles from the original and drop into the editor, then reorganize to see what is what. experiment. Thsi is how i did the uneditable logos in Coach K. Lots of puzzles, but when you finish, it is prettyawesome!

With the palletes being so jumbo such as the left corner being one place and the middle being completely else were its also impossible for me to draw a a logo in the endzone. I think its just best if I clear the endzone logos and just have it empty but I just wish I could get the helmet logos working!

i'll take a look at the endzones this weekend and see what i can put together for a quik tutorial....i need to look at them anyways, because i am trying to work some tricks on TSB3 endzones, and i nedd to get back into SNES hacking practice...i ahve been on Coach k for 6 weeks now. Genisis is cool, but TSB3 NCAA 2011 will need my attention soon.

Yeah it looks doable on th eendzones, but there are repeating tiles to work around....best thing si to take this edit one step at a time...if plays are what you want to do first, then go ahead and concentrate on those...they can get complex...the team names and player stuff has editors, so that should be easiest, the graphics take patience and some art work.....1 step at a time.

Yeah it looks doable on th eendzones, but there are repeating tiles to work around....best thing si to take this edit one step at a time...if plays are what you want to do first, then go ahead and concentrate on those...they can get complex...the team names and player stuff has editors, so that should be easiest, the graphics take patience and some art work.....1 step at a time.

Good idea, So far I have learned how to edit Roster Names, Roster Abilities, Team Names, Team Uniforms, Season Schedules.

So for now im going to stick to work on moving guys in formations first. Once I get that down move on to editing the logos.

Im going to be home in a couple of hours, will work with what you sent me late last night. Ill get back with you on my success/failure

The nice thing about TLP is that it has an arranger. other than that, it's inferior to TM. So for end-zones, I piece them together in the arranger, then go through each square and number them. I then create a similar dimensioned image in photoshop, draw it, split them back out with an image slicer and then drag them in one by one. Trust me bro, editing graphics is not a beginner's task for most people.

Hit me up on IM if you need help...

• 8 years later...
On 4/16/2010 at 8:37 AM, TecmoTurd said:

The nice thing about TLP is that it has an arranger. other than that, it's inferior to TM. So for end-zones, I piece them together in the arranger, then go through each square and number them. I then create a similar dimensioned image in photoshop, draw it, split them back out with an image slicer and then drag them in one by one. Trust me bro, editing graphics is not a beginner's task for most people.

Hit me up on IM if you need help...

Is there a way to change the code so that tile locations that are shared can be edited?

CFT Endzone1.JPG

What I find very limiting in trying to change the TECMO to a different acronym is that the 17s and the 19s in the image all pull from the same tile. Which was to save space i'm sure. Can this be changed?

• 1 year later...
On 6/28/2018 at 9:46 PM, kamphuna8 said:

Is there a way to change the code so that tile locations that are shared can be edited?

CFT Endzone1.JPG

What I find very limiting in trying to change the TECMO to a different acronym is that the 17s and the 19s in the image all pull from the same tile. Which was to save space i'm sure. Can this be changed?

Have you seen this thread?

23 hours ago, Knobbe said:

Have you seen this thread?

I did. It was still hard to piece together, but I got a little help from the #1 helper in the community. Last name sounds like Rudy. I was able to get it done last summer before CFT2. I hack! I'm a hacker!