Drummer's NFL TECMO SUPER BOWL 2K11

drummer4god

Actually they don't have professionals. It's not like coaches are doing the ratings.I remember reading an article once that most of the ratings were derived from an internal team at EA but these guys really were not any different than you and me. They just used a ton of spreadsheets for the most part.

And if Drummer actually "tecmoized" the madden ratings properly I think a lot of people wouldn't complain but I don't think there is really any method to what he does. If there is it's not apparent.

All that being said. Everyone is free to make roms. The more the merrier.

I'd still argue that using Madden is the best way as they have professionals rating players while the majority around here are armchair opinions at best. :

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeid i do have a rating sheet, i do put thought into the numbers. Maybe they aren't to yours or others liking. But to say i put out sloppy roms every year...you are full of shit period! People like my work,it is the most downloaded rom on the boards nearly each year. Putting hours,and hours into my rosters...thats sloppy? hell the players back in 91 are slower,weaker,and not as good as the athletes of todays nfl. Given there were the legends of that era. But there is in every era. But todays game is played much faster,smarter,and stronger. If you dont like my roms i could give a damn less. i have done my part for the site,and the community. Take your rom ratings i guarantee you there are people who dont like your ratings, hell there are people who disagree with the originals ratings. But they are what they are. I cant believe that a person who tries to do a rom each year for the tecmo communty,to give people something "new" to play is just thrown under the damn bus every damn year,just because people disagree with his ratings...sad, i am done with this defending myself post it has turned into. I will release my rom when its done. i hope one day if you ever have kids that they play your rom and say "dad your ratings suck..i like drummers ratings' that would probably get him grounded lol. but whatever dude. my rom will get done,released,and disected like a a frog in biology class...but alot of people like my work,and my work is for those over a 1000 downloads that like my roms.....later drummer "the ratings guru' lol

Actually they don't have professionals. It's not like coaches are doing the ratings.I remember reading an article once that most of the ratings were derived from an internal team at EA but these guys really were not any different than you and me. They just used a ton of spreadsheets for the most part.

I've seen two separate shows about how the ratings are done and the team of programmers doing it have this job specifically so I'd say they are professionals. Their spreadsheets from what was said in the interviews were from data that only the NFL coaches and real teams have that the average Joe can't find on the internet. We don't know their exact bench max, 40 times, etc and they do. I defend the Madden idea just for that reason alone.

All that being said. Everyone is free to make roms. The more the merrier.

I completely agree with you and wish everyone shared this view. 8)

I've seen two separate shows about how the ratings are done and the team of programmers doing it have this job specifically so I'd say they are professionals. Their spreadsheets from what was said in the interviews were from data that only the NFL coaches and real teams have that the average Joe can't find on the internet. We don't know their exact bench max, 40 times, etc and they do. I defend the Madden idea just for that reason alone.

The problem with that, and this is just going off what I've heard, I've never played Madden, is that physical capabilities don't always translate to a football field. This is especially true in TSB, where MS is the most important rating on offense. If you just gave high MS to the guys with fast 40 times, you'd end up with one screwed up rom. A prime example of this is when everyone was giving 63ms to Devin Hester. The guy has no skills, but with 63ms he was the king of that year's TSB. It just doesn't make any sense.

I would rather see ratings based on in depth statistical analysis, like you can find at Football Outisders or Pro Football Focus, than 40 times or bench max.

I am reworking my ratings sheets,madden 11 has made some major changes in their ratings system for this year. So in saying that i will/am also. i already know people will dog my numbers,but they will be what they will be. if everyone rated their players the same,why put out different versions of rom,except for different graphics. I say competition is good. So in this "rom ratings war" i am EA,and most others are 2K,and tecmo. To each his own. And i am going to triple check all numbers,and names before my official 1st release. So ill have less of a ass chewing to take lol...drummer

If an online forum is good for anything...it is to complain right!?

I thoroughly enjoyed last year's rom drummer...and I'm wondering if you're going to get an update out anytime this summer? (before madden's #'s come out)

Personally, I tried many other people's roms and found them too slow, too fumbly, or, for whatever reason, just not as much fun. But I'm a total newb anyway so what do I know. I was playing tecmo on everyvideogame.com for like a year (2006-7) before I finally got around to figuring out how to run a nintendo simulator and playing these updated versions. At this rate I might make my own rom in like 10 or 20 yrs...

If an online forum is good for anything...it is to complain right!?

I thoroughly enjoyed last year's rom drummer...and I'm wondering if you're going to get an update out anytime this summer? (before madden's #'s come out)

Personally, I tried many other people's roms and found them too slow, too fumbly, or, for whatever reason, just not as much fun. But I'm a total newb anyway so what do I know. I was playing tecmo on everyvideogame.com for like a year (2006-7) before I finally got around to figuring out how to run a nintendo simulator and playing these updated versions. At this rate I might make my own rom in like 10 or 20 yrs...

I still play Tecmo on flash from time to time at work, where i don't want to keep roms on my computer. It's bad enough I have TSB excel sheets on my work computer, lol.

Drummer, first of all, you know I love your roms. But, what are you doing to the Dolphins here bud? Who's Brandon Jordan? This list should be most accurate, feel free to update ratings to fit your rom.

Good luck on this years Rom. I like what you have done so far....besides, the dolphins team being completely butchered. But, being a Browns fan, I don't expect you to keep up with a south florida team.

Also, this year, please don't give the Dolphins an alternate ORANGE jersey. although I like them, they didn't wear them once last year and I don't think they are going to wear them this year, so, its pretty pointless.

This should help:

TEAM = dolphins SimData=0x881, OFFENSIVE_FORMATION = 2RB_2WR_1TE

PLAYBOOK R4373, P4528

QB1, chad HENNE, Face=0x3f, #7, 25, 69, 6, 19, 50, 44, 44, 56 ,[1, 2, 2 ]

QB2, tyler THIGPEN, Face=0x3e, #16, 25, 69, 38, 25, 25, 31, 31, 38 ,[5, 0, 0 ]

RB1, ronnie BROWN, Face=0xc0, #23, 38, 75, 56, 63, 50, 31 ,[7, 2, 7, 5 ]

RB2, ricky WILLIAMS, Face=0x9a, #34, 38, 69, 50, 75, 50, 31 ,[5, 2, 6, 4 ]

RB3, patrick COBBS, Face=0xd0, #38, 44, 69, 25, 44, 50, 25 ,[2, 0, 15, 15 ]

RB4, lousaka POLITE, Face=0xbe, #36, 38, 69, 31, 94, 50, 19 ,[2, 1, 10, 6 ]

WR1, brandon MARSHALL, Face=0x8e, #19, 44, 69, 63, 50, 50, 81 ,[2, 12, 9, 9 ]

WR2, brian HARTLINE, Face=0x4f, #82, 25, 69, 44, 13, 50, 56 ,[1, 7, 3, 5 ]

WR3, greg CAMARILLO, Face=0x25, #83, 25, 69, 31, 13, 50, 56 ,[1, 5, 5, 10 ]

WR4, davone BESS, Face=0xbe, #15, 38, 69, 44, 13, 50, 56 ,[1, 8, 8, 6 ]

TE1, anthony FASANO, Face=0x17, #80, 25, 69, 25, 50, 50, 44 ,[1, 5, 4, 4 ]

TE2, joey HAYNOS, Face=0x2b, #81, 25, 69, 25, 50, 50, 31 ,[1, 3, 2, 1 ]

C, jake GROVE, Face=0x3a, #64, 25, 69, 31, 50

LG, john JERRY, Face=0x2a, #74, 25, 69, 38, 50

RG, richie INCOGNITO, Face=0x34, #68, 25, 69, 38, 56

LT, jake LONG, Face=0x3a, #77, 25, 69, 44, 69

RT, vernon CAREY, Face=0x95, #72, 25, 69, 31, 56

RE, jared ODRICK, Face=0x2a, #98, 31, 38, 44, 63, 19, 38 ,[66, 0 ]

NT, randy STARKS, Face=0x8d, #94, 25, 31, 38, 56, 19, 31 ,[28, 0 ]

LE, kendall LANGFORD, Face=0x86, #70, 31, 38, 44, 50, 19, 31 ,[24, 0 ]

ROLB, cameron WAKE, Face=0xcd, #91, 38, 44, 56, 63, 25, 50 ,[71, 13 ]

RILB, karlos DANSBY, Face=0xce, #58, 38, 44, 50, 75, 31, 50 ,[36, 25 ]

LILB, channing CROWDER, Face=0xbe, #52, 31, 38, 44, 50, 25, 38 ,[14, 27 ]

LOLB, charlie ANDERSON, Face=0xd0, #56, 31, 38, 44, 56, 25, 38 ,[54, 27 ]

RCB, sean SMITH, Face=0xbe, #24, 25, 31, 38, 25, 44, 50 ,[0, 44 ]

LCB, vontae DAVIS, Face=0xa4, #21, 31, 38, 44, 25, 56, 63 ,[0, 67 ]

FS, chris CLEMONS, Face=0xbe, #30, 31, 38, 50, 50, 50, 56 ,[5, 20 ]

SS, yeremiah BELL, Face=0x96, #37, 38, 44, 50, 69, 56, 56 ,[22, 56 ]

K, dan CARPENTER, Face=0x2c, #5, 44, 63, 69, 25, 63, 56 ,[4 ]

P, brandon FIELDS, Face=0x26, #2, 25, 56, 44, 25, 56, 56 ,[8 ]

KR, RB3

PR, RB3

Oh yea it's coming....... ;)

And here it is!!!!!

*Changes*

Changed cinema screen to saints,Titans,and texans (cushing got rookie of the year!)

New start screen

new background colors (saints,colts)

updated roster will all 32 1st round picks!

official 2010 nfl schedule!

Hacks

refer to last years juiced no new plays rom as this a modified version of it!

rosters are 80-85% correct, the big trades that happened that players would start are on here. enjoy! Worked 3 days on this!

Thx philly i just copied,and pasted that info into my rom for this year! Ill just adjust the ratings(can of worms opened) lol. But anyways thanks for the help! And what would you suggest for their other colors?

For their colors, maybe just use the regular colors from the 1991 rom. Thats the only thing I can suggest for now. White and Blueish-Green. They mainly wear White on White for away games, but thats hard to do. Again, good luck on this years rom. I know you always put in lots of work for these year after year. I can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...
i am working on a roster update hopefully ill have it posted by this weekend!

Cool! How are you doing it without Madden11? I'm guessing you are using last year's player ratings and just switching the players to their new teams using MGK's free agency list. And, how are you doing the depth charts?

Actually cheerleader i have a updated roster i got from operation sports,and have added and moved the other players that have changed since that update. it has all the rookies,and they are rated from the early ea ratings that were released. So get ready!

Actually cheerleader.... get ready!

Fat is ready! (note - Doug Williams 3rd person) Thursday or Friday works better for me than Saturday or uugghh Sunday. ;)

And, do yourself a favor and type up a little blurb about how you converted the Madden stats to TSB stats to keep the whiners at bay. ;)

I'm glad you decided not to bail on making an updated version and so will your fans.

I got rosters around 80% done,but i am seriously thinking of waiting on the roster ratings to come out. they will be releasing them in the next 2 weeks. the reason i want to wait is its takes alot of time to do a roster update,so why not just wait till i have the correct ratings. let me know what you guys think!

I got rosters around 80% done,but i am seriously thinking of waiting on the roster ratings to come out. they will be releasing them in the next 2 weeks. the reason i want to wait is its takes alot of time to do a roster update,so why not just wait till i have the correct ratings. let me know what you guys think!

just wait on doing the ratings until you can do them all at once. no sense in doing double work.

i need to guys since madden is changing the way it rates players then i have to adjust it on my end. It will be a hell of alot better. But wr/db speed will still be dictated by their real life speed. I know alreay the hardcore tecmo players will put this on trial to be burnt in the depths of hell,but tsb is a ARCADE style football game. And all my numbers are within the original's numbers,i just use them differently. But i am working on my spread sheets(i have 2 of them). So i am looking for ea to release ratings online each day. As soon as i get them all i have left to do is ratings. the rosters as far as depth are complete up to today. that i know of.