TSB Editing Resources | Spreadsheets, Tutorials, FAQs

[ Last Updated | 2.8.2013 ]

Greetings TSB Editor,

This thread is dedicated to housing links to Tecmo Super Bowl resources that various forum members have created over the years. You'll find spreadsheets, ROMs, editing advice, editing tutorials, editing FAQs to help you better understand the internal workings of TSB, or the design philosophy behind helping you assemble your own custom ROM. Please read the links below before posting a question, or perform your own Forum Search (be sure to specify which forum you're trying to search for information in) as there may already be a thread created for your needs. Feel free to add links or suggestions below.

Thank you,
TecmoBowl.org Staff

RESOURCES                                                    

SPREADSHEETS

Player Stats

> Original Player & Team Data w/ SIM Stats by Proads

> Original Player Attributes by Bodom

> 28/32-Team Roster/Team Rater by Bruddog
> Player Speed Sheet by Bruddog
> Catch%, INT%, and Deflection% Calculator by Bruddog

> TSB Roster / Team Spreadsheets by Bruddog

> Player Ratings by MrPaulRyan

Simulation
> Team Simulation by Jstout
> Defensive Simulation by Buck

Other
> Juice Helper by TecmoTurd

ROMs

> 32/28-Team w/ In-Game Playbooks

> 28-Team w/ In-Game Playbooks and 3/4-4/3 Defense

> NCAA TSB Conversion Superpack
> SNES TSB1 w/ NES Play Graphics by Xplosv
> TSB Practice ROM w/ Idle Defenses

ADVICE

Tips

> Ratings Scale Debate

> PC vs INT Calculations

> Tipped Balls vs Receptions Calculations
> RS, RP, MS
> RS, RP, MS on Defense
> RS, RP, MS #2 (A Dialogue)
> RS, MS #3 (A Monologue)
> Rating Offensive Lines
> Rating Defense
> Rating Defense #2

> Player Speed Testing

Files

> TSB Resource Center
> Historical NFL Team/Player Stats
> Historical NFL Jersey Designs
> Authentic Formation Designs

> Reference Image of TSB Player Faces

> TSB Playbook Graphic Images by MGK

> Custom .PSD Defense Diagrams by MGK
> In-Game Player Sprites by davefmurray
> VROM Pages Sprites by davefmurray

TUTORIALS

> Endzone Editing Tutorial by Carther
> Playbook Hackers Document by Bruddog
> Brief HEX / TSB Formation Guide
> Determining Hex Addresses
> Finding Pointers Guide
> How TSB Graphic Tiles are Stored
> Hex Editing & NES Color Palette
> Hex Editing #2
> Determining Large Helmet Tile Number
> Mini Helmet & Color Palette
> SIM Code Editing
> SIM Code Guide

FAQs
> "Can we fit in more than 32-Teams?"

> "Will 'Weather' be implemented?"
> "Is someone making a '2-Point Conversion?"
> "When does a player Popcorn?"

> "Longest fitting name in TSB?"
> "Is there a way to edit the Black Palette tile (blank space)?"

> "How do I edit TSB's intro movie colors?"

• 6 months later...

This is also updated. There is still much to do. One spreadsheet in particular that I didn't trace down after my initial pass-through of the forum content, Buck, was your Pro Bowl Spreadsheet. Care to link me so I can throw that up top, as well?

Also, it goes without saying: if there is anything that I've missed that you're per-point positive of its existence and can link me to it, please do so below!

• 1 year later...

:wink: I am looking for a document that probably only bruddog and/or jstout has: I used to have a hardcopy of it, but have since lost it in a move - I cannot find the docs anywhere.

-> it lists all the locations of "tables" - like where INT, PA, etc is. it's well-organized in a "TOOL SUPREME" style list. 0x, etc. but it also lists SIM tables! - where you can adjust actual yardage numbers for passing/rushing SIM (this is what I'm looking for, specifically). it also includes some locations of graphics. a fairly comprehensive listing that should be WIDE OPEN on this site somewhere....but it's not or I'm blind.

I really don't think it's on the site (I've looked in the past) - someone might have to pull it up from their archives for me.

:wink: ps - all these links need to be updated to tecmobowl.org

:wink: I am looking for a document that probably only bruddog and/or jstout has: I used to have a hardcopy of it, but have since lost it in a move - I cannot find the docs anywhere.

-> it lists all the locations of "tables" - like where INT, PA, etc is. it's well-organized in a "TOOL SUPREME" style list. 0x, etc. but it also lists SIM tables! - where you can adjust actual yardage numbers for passing/rushing SIM (this is what I'm looking for, specifically). it also includes some locations of graphics. a fairly comprehensive listing that should be WIDE OPEN on this site somewhere....but it's not or I'm blind.

I really don't think it's on the site (I've looked in the past) - someone might have to pull it up from their archives for me.

:wink: ps - all these links need to be updated to tecmobowl.org

I would love to grab this as well.

ok, you guys can chill with the bumps, thanks. I dug around through some unopened boxes and I found the document and info.

I will scan it and post it tomorrow morning (scanner here at home is pain in the biscuit).

I'm sure someone will recognize it when they see it - but I can't believe it's not linked anywhere on this site. anyways, see you tomorrow.

ps- part of the info I've been looking for this whole time is in this pic - specifically the sim passing/receiving modifiers and sim rushing/punt returning modifiers

post-3789-13413730398229_thumb.png

bump this for Buck :wink:

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

...ummm...twilight zone.

no offense, dude, but did you see that I posted it myself?

I made a correction in the previous post.

Turn up your funny a notch :wink:

here is a crappy (sorry don't have much time) pdf scan of the stuff I was looking for. someone has this on disk - need to get it posted.

[attachment=0]NES TSB info scan.pdf[/attachment]

Where in the name of the army of the 12 monkeys did you pull this from? I've never seen such a thing before

ok, you guys can chill with the bumps, thanks. I dug around through some unopened boxes and I found the document and info.

I will scan it and post it tomorrow morning (scanner here at home is pain in the biscuit).

I'm sure someone will recognize it when they see it - but I can't believe it's not linked anywhere on this site. anyways, see you tomorrow.

ps- part of the info I've been looking for this whole time is in this pic - specifically the sim passing/receiving modifiers and sim rushing/punt returning modifiers

[attachment=0]taste.PNG[/attachment]

Who would have guessed....the sim modifiers were located in front of the sim stats locations

bump this for Buck:)

...ummm...twilight zone.

I meant it as a joke. For some reason the:) didn't emoticon from my phone as a smiley face. I saw you also said to stop bumpin you, so i was just being funny. Since everyone and there mother were bumping the wrong things. Later.

PS, thanks for posting, i may look for these values in TSB 3 this weekend, since my football season is over(Damn Scandrick.....here you go Cruz. I'll make sure you can catch Eli's wild fling.......)

Buck, I 100% created that file as I recognize the format and info (was originally made to store the locations for the 50 yard field). Unfortunately, the file is on my old computer which doesn't load and as of the moment I still haven't tried to fix it. Best bet would be to search through my posts but I couldn't find it in a quick scan of them (or always just retype it from your pdf to be posted for others usage).

bump this for Buck:)

...ummm...twilight zone.

I meant it as a joke. For some reason the:) didn't emoticon from my phone as a smiley face. I saw you also said to stop bumpin you, so i was just being funny. Since everyone and there mother were bumping the wrong things. Later.

PS, thanks for posting, i may look for these values in TSB 3 this weekend, since my football season is over(Damn Scandrick.....here you go Cruz. I'll make sure you can catch Eli's wild fling.......)

well, I did get a good chuckle out of it when I first read it. followed by a head shake, followed by a "dayaamm, for reals?"

Buck, I 100% created that file as I recognize the format and info (was originally made to store the locations for the 50 yard field). Unfortunately, the file is on my old computer which doesn't load and as of the moment I still haven't tried to fix it. Best bet would be to search through my posts but I couldn't find it in a quick scan of them (or always just retype it from your pdf to be posted for others usage).

I should have known!

• 1 year later...