Coach K Editor V.09

TecmoTurd

Requirements:

A PC with .NET Framework 3.5 or greater

** YOU MUST USE THE VERSION OF THE ROM THAT HURRICANE55 POSTED. THIS IS THE ONLY ROM THE EDITOR CAN READ **

Alright, the first edition of the editor is here. It's not a 1.0 release because there are a few things it doesn't do. My goal for this initial release was to create the architecture for it, and learn some WPF. After a few weeks of doing just that, here is the result...currently, it does the following:

Allows editing of Team Information (Name, Mascot, Conference, Arena, Indicator Color, Rank, Wins, Losses, Scoring rank, Rebounding rank, Ball Control rank, Defense Rank rank, and Home/Away uniforms.

Things left to do:

Add a "create base ROM" feature that basically spits out a new ROM as is so you dn't need to go hunting around for the hurricane55 version everytime you want to edit

Give proper acknoledgement to Hurricane and the NHL94 guys...

Playbooks

Player Information (abilities, heads, numbers, etc)

Edit court/fans/stand colors

Ability to edit the "previous year" e.g., 09-10 (I don't know where this exists yet)

Edit offense/defensive playbooks

The color chooser doesn't remember your color which is lame. I used an open source library for that...I plan to look at the code and add that functionality if I can.

Edit remaining text throughout the game

Clean up the UI

I did a lot of testing, so this should be functioning properly, but I'd backup your ROM just in case. Please report all bugs to me. Remember, this is an early release and will go through more changes as coding continues. From the "left to do" list, I plan on hitting up player attributes, playbooks, and court colors next.

I'm going to take a few days off and rest my weary head...probably fire some questions off to Hur to get prepared for when I do come back to this...

Absolutely! And to think TecmoTurd, only a month ago you hadn't even heard or played this masterpiece of a game! Wow you're good. :)

I'm thinking an NCAA Alumni Greatest Teams rom would be silly! Making cuts on the UNC or DUKE may be tough but how cool would that be?! Hell, I may just make an All UNC vs All Duke rom with their greatest teams! Like that All-Steelers TSB Rom! I love exclamation points! :D

Absolutely! And to think TecmoTurd, only a month ago you hadn't even heard or played this masterpiece of a game! Wow you're good. :)

I'm thinking an NCAA Alumni Greatest Teams rom would be silly! Making cuts on the UNC or DUKE may be tough but how cool would that be?! Hell, I may just make an All UNC vs All Duke rom with their greatest teams! Like that All-Steelers TSB Rom! I love exclamation points! :D

You know, those teams could be broken into decades as well, which means an 80's NC, 90'sNc,...same for some of the power programs, and ityou could still have room for some of the other schools.

I'm going to take a few days off and rest my weary head...probably fire some questions off to Hur to get prepared for when I do come back to this...

Me too. Gonna enjoy a few days of actuall playing, looking for bugs. I set up a thread for others to PM me or You to set up a possible league/Tourney.

NBA Live...not sure what year, but I'd assume 95 or 96

Okay, first of all, choosing NBA Live for the Genesis to create this ROM off of was a brilliant idea. I think those games were the best of the era. Secondly, 95 or 96? That's kind of a big deal. :D

Nice work, dude.

It is off of the first few games.....i think it was renamed live in 95...get it the rhyme. There might be 94, migh be call bulls vs lakers. I know the very first game was Celtics vs Lakers for the PC, then genesis....only 8 teams...the next one expanded to the full league, but had no season mode i think, just playoffs and exhibition...Live 95 was the first to offer season.....going on memory...was an avid follower. The bulls vs lakers is one of the best....superstarts had signature moves....jordan did the dipsy do layup, Barkley the gorilla slam, and Kemp ahd a self alley oop i think. I know lakers vs celtics had tom chambers, and if you timed it right, he did like a trple pump slam from the 3pt line....i think Nique got that as his signature in the bulls vs lakers., minus the 3pt bug.. If i was to create a NBA version of the series, i would use the bulls vs lakers as the base...assuming we figure out how to add teams. Assigning the signature dunks....oh yeah tim hardaway had a 360 spin move layup.....isiah had that in the lakers/celtics version......sorry...this series is close to my heart.....no basketball has ever been able to caprture that, i think the randomness of the signature moves gave it flavor...to much control now adays...can make a 12th man look awesome if you can twitch your fingers right....not as fun. When i picked a team, i had to play to that teams strentghs...now all sprots games the teams are jsut colros and names, no personalities. A game experience needds personalities...Mario jumped on everything, but the things he jumped on had different patterns to make it "feel" different. The End.

Just an update...I'm about 90% done with the player editing stuff. I'll have another release this weekend...and then I'm shifting gears for a bit to my RBI Editor. My reasons for that are:

- Hurricane already has the rest of the stuff edited, so all that really needs work is the players. That will be available.

- March Madness is over

- Baseball is here now!

After my RBI editor is done, i'll come back and finish the court color palettes and the rest of the miscellaneous text.

I am shifting gears as well, going into TSB3 mode to figure som stuff out...just 3 more months till 1 month to go for NCAA football:) How come none has expanded the RBI2 for NES...is it the player models or something.....plus, has anyone tried to find the color pallete for the 30 team rbi, to get rid of the pink unies? Something i may work on.

Anything made after the original version sucks, and is considered blasphemy to speak otherwise. Just kidding...it's much like how most feel with Tecmo...anything after the original is inferior. I agree for RBI's sake...not much attention gets paid to the later releases.

As for the color palettes...yeah, I have all the information about the ROM (courtesy of jstout). My web editor is the only thing available right now, and it's not a public release. I'm working on writing a public editor.

As for the pink unies, good luck with that. The hardest part about rating an RBI ROM is that you have 30 teams, many of which have a grey/blue or white blue color scheme, and it's very difficult to find unique patterns for teams. I gave the Angels and the Nats pink because it's all that was left. I actually think it works well...to toot my own horn, my 30 team ROM edit is the cat's ass.

Alright, I got the editor writing player data...I'm going to test it tonight or tomorrow, package it up, and put it up for download. There's still a lot more to do, but the important stuff (rosters and uniform colors) are all editable. I'll be chipping away at those as time permits. Stay tuned for the update within the next few days...

Awesome stuff! Once I finish up with the TSB3 rom, will go into art mode for Coach K. Will update the player models for next years release. No fros no mo, just corn rows! And head bands... And new style jerseys! All out update!

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

He is talking about a trick he used with the TEcmo Uniforms. Since all teams use 16 colors and have their own pallettes, he can edit the sprites to incorporate the colors the way he wants. Look at our TSB3 Rom agian, and you'll notice some teams have 2 logo spots, stripes on the shoulder, or netiter(Penn State.) All use the same sprite, its just a matter of what color you pick, a white stripe on a white pant=no stripe.....get it. He is actually fixing to blow everyones world with next years TSB3 graphics....its a secret he wont let me tell. The details are what make the game. That is why i asked which one of theRBI's everyone preferes.....i might try to trick the system to get a little different unies....only have 3 colors to work with tho. But i think i can manage it.