Coach K march 2010 edition from MT Remixes

hurricane55

This is a 80% beta. I have just started ot figure out the logos, so they are not complete. The rosters are reorganzed, but not ACCURATE...I used the orignials, just tried to match up to this years teams(ie Kansas uses Arkansas, Nebraska is a mix of backups from arkansas and virginia). Uniforms are not 100%. Got the team colors, but not the style down. Again this is just a beta to see if it gets enough hits. Plus me, Drunken_honkey, and TecmoTurd really wanted to do this. Tecmo Turd is using this beta as a base for an editing tool. He just got my info yesterday, but he says it is coming along. I started on this about 2 weeks ago, and have really made progress, by next year will be able to efit everything in game, including graphics! Hopefully i get the hack done on the graphics, so i can turn that info over as well for someone to create an editor for as well. So enjoy the MAdness!!!!!!

notes 4-3-10

Just found an issue with Texas, let me know if you find any, i changed alot of pointers, so it is going to be buggy....i did some byte checking, and forgot to change a few back. Pointers are right, jsut some player AI and Team AI stuff. I wll go through it one team at a time next week. Sorry, again any Ai problems let me know ASAP.

Had to chagne the ROM file, corrected issues with the Team AI.

Changed out Beta 3 today---4-6-10...fixed some shading issues on courts.

4-10-10

Done With Logos......Deleted old Beta....Thsiversion is playable

Let me know of any bugs and i will address ASAP.

Left For future Version.

Thanking NHL94.com EA gurus for documents that led to hack.

Thank TecmoTurd and DrunkenHonkey for their creative support.

Finding Sim Values

Finding Palette Pointers For all team colors(No more Sharing)

Find Pointers For Logos For All Teams(Hopefully to help create a logo editor)

Updating Rosters

Check if there are built in playstyles

Work on updating uniform styles(Sprite artwork)

4-14-10 Update

Updating Coach K notes

This in progress now. Pictured Below.

Tecmo, I'll get you the pointers, i evened it out so each team has the same space, each line has the same space. I will PM Tecmo

Cool. Yeah i left logos from the original if they stayed in the same team slot, jsut cleaned them up after i changed the pallete for them. I'll send you a brief step by Step when i am done. It isn't hard, just have to be detailed on which tile goes where.

Hackers Choice....Them and Nebraska are done for myself and Rod, who helped lead to the big breakthrough in hacking this ROM.....Sorry, i am not going to be persuaded on this one. :D . Notred Dame, Murray State, And Ohio U were left off. ND--too many big east as it was and enough blue and gold already!!! Ohio U, nice win, but 9th in there own conference, plus georgetown was never on the original, a travesty. And Murray State--can't have every upset, and a Cinderella is someone who at least makes the weet 16, at least that's my interpretation. Missour was left off as well---big 12 was already represented, and had too many gold and blakc as well. When the editor comes out, i'd gladly help with the logos for any changes people make. But remember, 13 teasm share uniforms(The orginal champs teams-7-shared with there 6 origianl teams, NC State(Miami) had there own..If i ever find the pointer/assigning of pallettes and logos, then i can rewrite code to give each there own. Now that i have finished this initioal hack, i can work on that more dilligently.

I repsoted the finished Log Beta---CK March Madness 2010. Tecmo I'll Hit you up with some of the in game text locations(2009-10 and things like that that people may need to change. It is really jsut a text search, but i'll get you the info now that i am done with logos. Let everyone know that if they need help relogoing, i'll be doing a step by step write up soon...

Hackers Choice....Them and Nebraska are done for myself and Rod, who helped lead to the big breakthrough in hacking this ROM.....Sorry, i am not going to be persuaded on this one. :)

No worries, just bustin your cane balls. I look forward to beating them and doing my favorite slowmo groin swinging rim hanging dunks on their heads. You should know that being a JMU grad I have a difficult time looking at those damn Spiders. :) Rod shmod, huskers should stick to football. :D

Hackers Choice....Them and Nebraska are done for myself and Rod, who helped lead to the big breakthrough in hacking this ROM.....Sorry, i am not going to be persuaded on this one. :D . Notred Dame, Murray State, And Ohio U were left off. ND--too many big east as it was and enough blue and gold already!!! Ohio U, nice win, but 9th in there own conference, plus georgetown was never on the original, a travesty. And Murray State--can't have every upset, and a Cinderella is someone who at least makes the weet 16, at least that's my interpretation. Missour was left off as well---big 12 was already represented, and had too many gold and blakc as well. When the editor comes out, i'd gladly help with the logos for any changes people make. But remember, 13 teasm share uniforms(The orginal champs teams-7-shared with there 6 origianl teams, NC State(Miami) had there own..If i ever find the pointer/assigning of pallettes and logos, then i can rewrite code to give each there own. Now that i have finished this initioal hack, i can work on that more dilligently.

Still wish OU could be in the rom. They had legitimate pro talent in Basset (who I don't think should have entered the draft), plus it seemed like DJ Cooper was actually their best player. And, I have to admit Cooper would be awesome because I love the lefty guys in the original Coach K. That Freeman kid could hit some threes as well. Besides, they were the lowest seed to advance out of the first round, that's something even if they fell apart in the second round. I'm an OU alum by the way, so full disclosure. That was a hell of a beating they put on Georgetown, too. The game was never even close.

It was a tough decision, but i went with the sweet 16, then the most apeareances in the last 5 years in the tourney, with wins getting even more points. Good news thoug, TecmoTruds Editor is Done, so if you want to ad them in place of someone let me know....warning though some teams share Uniforms with the greats, and 2 share the same court here is the list

Michigan State and Miami share court only, Texas AnM and Temple, Share court only,

Vandy, Wake, Ga Tech share uniforms and court.. Cornell and Louisville share unies and court...New Mexico and Nebraska share unies and court.....Saint Mary's and Richmond Share unies and court.....Butler and BYU share unies and couirt....West Virginia and Cal share unies and court.....Thes cnnot be corrected at this time. I am working on tracing the assembly now to see if i can change the way they load to correct this, but it was like this onthe original as well. So if you change Ohio...use a team that is not one of these, and they have to be one of the ones that is listed as available for all modes...working on that as well. I'll do the logo if you want just PM me a zip of your file.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.....I am taking a break from hacking to get my juices going again. I am going to be getting back on TSB3 NCAA editoin again, me and drunken honkey want to try and have it done by mid july when EA releases theirs. We should have the top teams as well as preseason all americans by then. After i am done with that, i'll attck next years Coach K edition.