Welcome! The Official Introductions / First Post Thread

Knobbe

Hi..Thanks for letting me join your site. Old gammer here from the 80"s who loved Tecmo Bowl..along with Joe Montana football and the Bill Walsh College football games! Madden games was probably my 3rd favorite. Your games with updated rosters every year plus college games are a blast to play and i just wanted to say thanks for your time and effort! Street Tecmo is fun also but when i play the game always gets stuck? thanks again for your football games that will forever keep me young! Go Buckeyes and Bengals

On 1/7/2020 at 2:32 PM, Knobbe said:

I'd recommend SNES9x

http://snes9x.ipherswipsite.com/

Thanks!  Got everything going over yesterday it's amazing. 👍

My next hurdle is playing online. In the GUIDE: Playing TSB Online For Dummies (PC) thread (https://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/53066-guide-playing-tsb-online-for-dummies-pc/) it states to use the Netstopia emulator.  Should I just go ahead and convert to that now?  Does that also support the snes versions of Tecmo?

On 1/13/2020 at 1:03 AM, Rook said:

Thanks!  Got everything going over yesterday it's amazing. 👍

My next hurdle is playing online. In the GUIDE: Playing TSB Online For Dummies (PC) thread (https://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/53066-guide-playing-tsb-online-for-dummies-pc/) it states to use the Netstopia emulator.  Should I just go ahead and convert to that now?  Does that also support the snes versions of Tecmo?

Nestopia is NES only as most of the online play here is geared towards that.

I'd suggest you follow this thread on NHL94.com as they are mainly a SNES/Genesis community http://nhl94online.com/html/getting-started.php

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, NEnoob199 said:

Hello everyone brand new to all of this and not the most tech savey I have an nes classic and was trying to see if there is a way of putting Tecmo Super Bowl 2020 and regular Tecmo Super Bowl on it, any help would be appreciated 

You can try this but no idea if it will work or might brick your system

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-hack-a-nes-classic-edition/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Whats up all,

My name is Alain (just pronounce as Alan).  I am from New York, but have been living in PA.

I'm not new to Tecmo been playing off and on since I was a kid with my Brother. I have been to organized Tecmo tournaments as well.  I've never won but have made the highlight reels.

I cant say i am new to online play cause I cant even get it setup.  I have been trying to get started with online and cant figure out how to get it working.  If I ever get on this thing i'll either be Blaain2000, Haitian Sensation, or GEM (green eyed monster). I look forward to playing although have my doubts that l will ever get this fucking thing working.   Any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by Blaain2000

6 hours ago, Blaain2000 said:

Whats up all,

My name is Alain (just pronounce as Alan).  I am from New York, but have been living in PA.

I'm not new to Tecmo been playing off and on since I was a kid with my Brother. I have been to organized Tecmo tournaments as well.  I've never won but have made the highlight reels.

I cant say i am new to online play cause I cant even get it setup.  I have been trying to get started with online and cant figure out how to get it working.  If I ever get on this thing i'll either be Blaain2000, Haitian Sensation, or GEM (green eyed monster). I look forward to playing although have my doubts that l will ever get this fucking thing working.   Any help would be appreciated. 

Welcome to the community!!  We have an active online community on discord. There is where you can play against others, join leagues, and get some help setting up.  The discord link is here:

http://discord.gg/0bTEaH3dmy3Dzsgq

• 4 weeks later...

Yo whats up peeps looking to play in a league online, I used to be commisioner and play in a few online leagues for a few games including MVP Baseball and NBA Live.  Loved Super Tecmo Bowl and SNES, would love to play in a league with current rosters.  Coworker showed me this game called Retro Bowl that seemed cool but figured online play with others would be much more interesting.  Could use some help in finding an active league.  

Thanks!

SN's:: Dkknight, DKAstrosFan, OmegaRed

15 hours ago, OmegaRed said:

Yo whats up peeps looking to play in a league online, I used to be commisioner and play in a few online leagues for a few games including MVP Baseball and NBA Live.  Loved Super Tecmo Bowl and SNES, would love to play in a league with current rosters.  Coworker showed me this game called Retro Bowl that seemed cool but figured online play with others would be much more interesting.  Could use some help in finding an active league.  

Thanks!

SN's:: Dkknight, DKAstrosFan, OmegaRed

Discord is the place to find online leagues and pickup games.  Use link below to join discord and find what interests you. 

Tecmo 2K is a current roster league with 2 point conversion and modern rules.  

http://discord.gg/0bTEaH3dmy3Dzsgq

• 11 months later...

Greetings, folks!

I'm an old school Tecmo Bowl/ Tecmo Super Bowl junkie. Ever since I discovered Tecmo Bowl can be played via web browser I've reverted back to crackhead status. Trying to figure out how to install both the NES and SNES games on my laptop. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm 48 years old and not very tech savvy, so please help a junkie out! :)    

On 11/9/2022 at 4:35 PM, TecmoTua said:

Greetings, folks!

I'm an old school Tecmo Bowl/ Tecmo Super Bowl junkie. Ever since I discovered Tecmo Bowl can be played via web browser I've reverted back to crackhead status. Trying to figure out how to install both the NES and SNES games on my laptop. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm 48 years old and not very tech savvy, so please help a junkie out! :)    

Welcome to the site! Here's a good video on NES emulators for your PC:

• 1 month later...

No, I'm not new to this site & no, my name isn't War6. That moniker belongs to the sixth and last Military Working Dog I had the very distinct pleasure to share a special bond with during my USAF career...War was a one of a kind sable shepherd & Narcotics Detector Dog stationed at RAF Mildenhall, UK. He was an outstanding Airman, exceptional canine, and most importantly my four-legged brother--we didn't speak the same dialect; however, we spoke the same language. War passed away on active duty at the tail end of 2008....I think about him every single day without fail. When I retired from active duty in September of 2017, his spirit retired with me. So, my name is Matt: husband, father of 4 children & owner (although he would say that he has us right where he wants us) of one very, very well-loved Chocolate Lab. I joined the USAF in 1992 and retired after 25 years in security/law enforcement as a canine handler/trainer/kennel master, police shift sergeant, first sergeant, and police superintendent. I served alongside some great people (some who are no longer with us) across a very long list of assignments and another 8 operational deployments in a very turbulent period in our nation's history--I'm very lucky to be upright and breathing today; yet, I wouldn't change a thing! During that span of time I always doubled-backed to Tecmo as a stress reliever when/if life events permitted. I still remember playing Tecmo on my Gameboy Micro in our tent in Afghanistan on some evenings with my troops looking over my shoulder shaking their heads...very fond memories indeed. Furthermore, Tecmo kept me gaming and I still enjoy both NES/SNES versions today! My buddy Richard Young & I are trying to improve the SNES version side of the house so the game can enjoy some extended life moving forward into the future. Our collaboration came about as a chance encounter and now we share more than just an interest in a video game but a kinship. Therefore, I will say teamwork is important! I don't think any successful or semi-successful person would say otherwise & I firmly believe none of us would be here today without the genuine help or guidance of someone else. "A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle" - James Keller.   As such, be patient with people who do not have your knowledge level and guide them along the correct path...that single candle you are holding can only illuminate so much...use your flame to light another. You will find that the room is much brighter with additional people to the left and right of you. Ultimately, I would not be here today if it wasn't for Airman First Class NS--appropriate guidance/mentorship saved my life & proves that selfishness in life predicates stagnation along with defeat. Be good & do positive things...

War6/Matt

Edited by War6