Jump to content

Welcome! The Official Introductions / First Post Thread


Knobbe

Recommended Posts

Hello Bowl-ers! 

My name is Jason, and I'm a Tecmo-holic. CaptHawk is my most used online gaming handle, so I went with that in case i run into a familiar "face" here. I'm from the west side of MI, so yeah, LOOOOONNNGGGG suffering Lions fan here.

Back in '14, I had grown weary of PC gaming. I felt a longing for the days of yore, and most especially for my beloved TSB! I never really got into Madden; it's okay, but it's no TSB. I decided to see if anyone had created a console themed website , and was delighted at how many sites there are where one can play old console classics in simple flash online. My original search was for TSB, and this lead me to drummer's amazing TSB 2k2 (SNES) hack. I was blown away, as it simply hadn't occurred to me that one could hack SNES. Well, the obvious then happened... if there was a 2k2.... why not a 2k14?

Back to google! And lo, onto tecmobowl.org! (Thank you, Knobbe!)

I registered, thinking I had to to play anything, and played the 2k14 TSB (NES) that the site had as a flash option. Now, nothing against  NES, but SNES has an "S" for a reason, dammit! I was a teen when TSb (NES) came out, so I literally grew up with the Tecmos. I still vividly remember the excitement of SNES/GEN coming out with TSB for their respective platforms. Touchbacks! In game play changing! KRs with Prime...Time...Prime...Time...or beast Rod "Goodbye Coverage" Woodson. At any rate, that feeling must have stuck with me ll these years, because I just can't get into NES like I do SNES Tecmo. Back in '14, I don't believe this site had done much with SNES TSB, or at least I couldn't find it. So, I stuck with 2k2 and original TSB for SNES that I could play online for when I needed that TSB fix.

Fast forward to the last month or so. I decided to revisit tecmobowl.org, as it's cool as hell what you have accomplished here, notwithstanding my SNES bias. Oh, sweet Junior Seau up in heaven! I couldn't believe all the cool ass ROMs for SNES Tecmo-ing now available! Legends, 90's, 00's, '77, '84, 15-16 and 15-16 updated, 8-bit updated...not to mention the TSBIII ROMs I haven't even touched. (I will; it's just I found TSB II and III to be a letdown when they were originally released back in the day.) So, Baron Von Lector, cowboyschamps, qbvikings and Mr.NFL... a sincere and heartfelt thank you is in order!

After my downloading spree, I returned to this site to, well, lurk a bit. Basically to see if I wanted to throw my helmet on the field, as it were: were people here cool, or no? So, I've perused the Forums quite a bit, and by virtue of this post, I hereby proclaim: y'all are cool as hell! Oh, sure, there are a couple of "my helmet is bigger than your helmet" d-bags, but i like that they get put in their place, and I even more like no-one gets banned by some pissy mod.

For now, I play on my PC using the keyboard. I might get a controller, but I don't really miss it, it didn't take long to get the feel of Tecmo on keys. I'm not sure if I'll play online or participate in tournaments, but regardless I wanted to introduce myself, give props and join the community.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, CaptHawk said:

Hello Bowl-ers! 

My name is Jason, and I'm a Tecmo-holic. CaptHawk is my most used online gaming handle, so I went with that in case i run into a familiar "face" here. I'm from the west side of MI, so yeah, LOOOOONNNGGGG suffering Lions fan here.

Back in '14, I had grown weary of PC gaming. I felt a longing for the days of yore, and most especially for my beloved TSB! I never really got into Madden; it's okay, but it's no TSB. I decided to see if anyone had created a console themed website , and was delighted at how many sites there are where one can play old console classics in simple flash online. My original search was for TSB, and this lead me to drummer's amazing TSB 2k2 (SNES) hack. I was blown away, as it simply hadn't occurred to me that one could hack SNES. Well, the obvious then happened... if there was a 2k2.... why not a 2k14?

Back to google! And lo, onto tecmobowl.org! (Thank you, Knobbe!)

I registered, thinking I had to to play anything, and played the 2k14 TSB (NES) that the site had as a flash option. Now, nothing against  NES, but SNES has an "S" for a reason, dammit! I was a teen when TSb (NES) came out, so I literally grew up with the Tecmos. I still vividly remember the excitement of SNES/GEN coming out with TSB for their respective platforms. Touchbacks! In game play changing! KRs with Prime...Time...Prime...Time...or beast Rod "Goodbye Coverage" Woodson. At any rate, that feeling must have stuck with me ll these years, because I just can't get into NES like I do SNES Tecmo. Back in '14, I don't believe this site had done much with SNES TSB, or at least I couldn't find it. So, I stuck with 2k2 and original TSB for SNES that I could play online for when I needed that TSB fix.

Fast forward to the last month or so. I decided to revisit tecmobowl.org, as it's cool as hell what you have accomplished here, notwithstanding my SNES bias. Oh, sweet Junior Seau up in heaven! I couldn't believe all the cool ass ROMs for SNES Tecmo-ing now available! Legends, 90's, 00's, '77, '84, 15-16 and 15-16 updated, 8-bit updated...not to mention the TSBIII ROMs I haven't even touched. (I will; it's just I found TSB II and III to be a letdown when they were originally released back in the day.) So, Baron Von Lector, cowboyschamps, qbvikings and Mr.NFL... a sincere and heartfelt thank you is in order!

After my downloading spree, I returned to this site to, well, lurk a bit. Basically to see if I wanted to throw my helmet on the field, as it were: were people here cool, or no? So, I've perused the Forums quite a bit, and by virtue of this post, I hereby proclaim: y'all are cool as hell! Oh, sure, there are a couple of "my helmet is bigger than your helmet" d-bags, but i like that they get put in their place, and I even more like no-one gets banned by some pissy mod.

For now, I play on my PC using the keyboard. I might get a controller, but I don't really miss it, it didn't take long to get the feel of Tecmo on keys. I'm not sure if I'll play online or participate in tournaments, but regardless I wanted to introduce myself, give props and join the community.

 

 

Welcome! Glad you are back and think we're cool bros. Any Tecmo player is a friend of mine!

 

Where are you from? Interested in playing in a tourney ever? (Typically, NES.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

 

 

Welcome! Glad you are back and think we're cool bros. Any Tecmo player is a friend of mine!

 

Where are you from? Interested in playing in a tourney ever? (Typically, NES.)

Thanks, davemurray! If you read chapter one of my novel...I mean, post lol,  you'll see the answers to your questions! But just in case you don't love novels, I'm Jason, from Holland, Michigan. Tourney(s) sound intense! I do like NES, I just prefer SNES, so I'm interested. But honestly probably not much of a match as I haven't played a MAN v. MAN in ages, I'm playing on keys etc.  

Question: are all tourneys live action, or are tourneys also held over the interwebs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, CaptHawk said:

Thanks, davemurray! If you read chapter one of my novel...I mean, post lol,  you'll see the answers to your questions! But just in case you don't love novels, I'm Jason, from Holland, Michigan. Tourney(s) sound intense! I do like NES, I just prefer SNES, so I'm interested. But honestly probably not much of a match as I haven't played a MAN v. MAN in ages, I'm playing on keys etc.  

Question: are all tourneys live action, or are tourneys also held over the interwebs?

 

Geez. I feel like an idiot. Too fast scrolling on the phone for novels... I definitely did not read west side of MI and the last paragraph was cut off. 0_o #FAIL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi every one!!!

 

i just stoped by to say i really miss you all tecmoguys!

 

long time absent with several personal matters but i never forgot about the greatest game of all time!

 

hope some day to play one game with my past tecmo fellas!

 

great to see tecmo still alive!!

 

long life tecmobowl!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/26/2017 at 3:56 PM, Eifersucht80 said:

Hi every one!!!

 

i just stoped by to say i really miss you all tecmoguys!

 

long time absent with several personal matters but i never forgot about the greatest game of all time!

 

hope some day to play one game with my past tecmo fellas!

 

great to see tecmo still alive!!

 

long life tecmobowl!

 

Eifer!!  Great to see you man...  Long time no see!  Hope you are doing well.

 

-Rob

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone!! So I built my own Raspberry Pi to do some retro gaming and stumbled across the site by accident looking for rom files, I think I'm in love!!! Already downloaded the game, it is awesome, makes me feel like a kid again! Can't give enough thanks for this, my kids are staring at me as I play this instead of the Xbox or any other games we have, lol!! Keep up the good work, anywhere we can make donations to the project or anything? Thanks again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hello. I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I stumbled across this site while searching for Tecmo Bowl tips online. This site is great. I'm 39 years old so Tecmo Bowl was a big deal for me when I was a kid. Great memories of playing with friends. I enjoy collecting retro games. I have about 15 home consoles ranging from the Atari 2600 to PS4. My very first console as a kid was a Magnavox Odyessey 2. 

I downloaded the rom for TB18. I love it and can see myself visiting this forum often.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, RetroGC said:

Hello. I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I stumbled across this site while searching for Tecmo Bowl tips online. This site is great. I'm 39 years old so Tecmo Bowl was a big deal for me when I was a kid. Great memories of playing with friends. I enjoy collecting retro games. I have about 15 home consoles ranging from the Atari 2600 to PS4. My very first console as a kid was a Magnavox Odyessey 2. 

I downloaded the rom for TB18. I love it and can see myself visiting this forum often.

Thanks

 

Welcome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone.

 

I'm Troy from Ontario, Canada.  Just looking into going back as my disgust with modern gaming has hit an all time sick of this crap level.  Wether its microtransactions or just terrible game development (looking at you Madden) or HUT FUT and MUT gambling modes, just want to go back to good old fashion games. So i f I may,

 

1) If the SNES version (Tecmo Superbowl 3 Final edition) leagues are out there I'd love to try and get some play in.

2) If anyone knows if the Tecmo Bowl Throwback edition has been hacked and how to set that up that would be great, loved the new look.

 

Thanks hopefully see some of you online here!

 

Troy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey ya'll!!!  I'm new to this site and am from a lil' town in the North West called Portland Or-e-gon.  I accidentally stumbled upon this site when I was bored at a computer desk at Nike just lookin' for old Tailback highlights to show my 5 year old flag football team.  I downloaded a lil' Herschel, a lil' Eric, a lil' Johnny (witch would always seem to dissappere every time I'd find and send myself a link) and was determined to show these youngsters what a REAL football player is supposed to play like, run like, and look like, and somehow something popped up on google that said Tecmobowl so I clicked on it......................that moment......................was the beginning of the end.  I dug a lil' deeper and found this site (I found others, but this site actually had the best game I'd ever played's logo on it) and started to read about all these different places that also enjoyed the same game I grew up on, and to be honest never stopped playing.  It went from me thinking this game was just a fun thing for me and my homeboyz to bet 5 bucks a game on in basically a weed and alcohol induced dice game setting, to there's actually fucc!n' TOURNAMENTS for this???!!!  You can actually win $$$$$$$???  and there's one coming up in SEATTLE???  I'm gonna go up to SEATTLE and murder EVERYBODY!!!  This won't even be close.  My plan was to go up to Seattle with the Portland Posse and smash all these wannabe nostalga novelty acts with Johnny Johnson, take there money, drink some drinks, and go home.......................................well....................................that didn't exactly happen.  @SirTed's PAC RIM, these muthaph*kkaz' were GOOD.  Not nessesarily better than me, but hard to beat.  I learned pretty quickly it wasn't always about the skill you possess, but the team and the matchup you pick.  Anywayz, to rap it up, Tecmo's the greatest game, Tourney's are a great excuse to keep playing and keep your skillz sharp, and on my bucket list is still the on-going quest to win 1st place at an {OFFICIAL} Tournament and be the next and greatest NW CHAMP of ALL~TIME!!!!!!!!!!!  .......and the dream's gonna be a reality SOON...I can smell it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

I’m a FOG. First played Tecmo Bowl back in 1991. Fast forward, while my 10yr old plays Fortnite on xbox, I’ve been reliving Tecmo on his Switch (hopefully Super Tecmo will be released). I just rec’d the retro NES controllers and now I’m back! 

 

Send a PM if interested to play online. If a thread exists for Switch players, please let me know.

 

-George 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the long delay everyone. The name is VK. Represent Florida to the fullest. Favorite team in real life ; Denver Broncos Favorite Team to control in TSB NES; Houston Oilers. Me and my older brothers use to grind hard as teens. Now I strictly play TSB3 Final Edition, just play TSB NES for the love of the game. Feel free to ask, Keep the TSB party going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ghost said:

Welcome to the board VGifted! 

 

I used to play a ton of 3 in my late middle school, early high school years on the SNES. 

 

BROWN 52! BROWN 52!

red 32 red 32 blue 43 blue 43 blue 48 blue 48. love it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, buck said:

wtf is up,  where can I find the updated rom with a 50 MS/88 PS/75 PC QB handing off to his 56 MS RB, after getting an int using the teams 44/56/69, 69 HP, 69 INT SS?

 

Your friendly neighborhood download section

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Hey all, registered awhile ago but never really introduced myself.  I live in St. Louis, MO and have always been a huge TSB fan.  Especially TSBIII.  I find it interesting how the older ones are more popular despite TSBIII having them most depth with defensive formations, audibles, HoF Players, ect. but I love the older ones too so it really doesn't matter I guess lol.

 

I really want to play TSBIII with the updates rosters. I see it's downloadable on this site but I'm not the most tech savvy so was wondering if there's a place someone can direct me that allows me to get everything I need?  I'm a blank slate right now once I saw how many emulators there are with questionable sites I couldn't pull the trigger lawl.  Is there a package I can download with step by step instructions on how to set it up?

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2020 at 6:36 AM, Rook said:

Hey all, registered awhile ago but never really introduced myself.  I live in St. Louis, MO and have always been a huge TSB fan.  Especially TSBIII.  I find it interesting how the older ones are more popular despite TSBIII having them most depth with defensive formations, audibles, HoF Players, ect. but I love the older ones too so it really doesn't matter I guess lol.

 

I really want to play TSBIII with the updates rosters. I see it's downloadable on this site but I'm not the most tech savvy so was wondering if there's a place someone can direct me that allows me to get everything I need?  I'm a blank slate right now once I saw how many emulators there are with questionable sites I couldn't pull the trigger lawl.  Is there a package I can download with step by step instructions on how to set it up?

 

 

 

 

 

I'd recommend SNES9x

http://snes9x.ipherswipsite.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...