Welcome! The Official Introductions / First Post Thread

Knobbe

• 1 month later...

Hows it going fellas, new to the forums and fairly new to TSB. I played a little when I was a kid and then once we ditched the NES never played again. Now I'm playing with an emulator on my phone and having a blast. Is there by chance a college football hacked rom for TSB? I've always been partial to College Football since there arent any pro teams in Iowa.

Edited by hawkeye2188

Hows it going fellas, new to the forums and fairly new to TSB. I played a little when I was a kid and then once we ditched the NES never played again. Now I'm playing with an emulator on my phone and having a blast. Is there by chance a college football hacked rom for TSB? I've always been partial to College Football since there arent any pro teams in Iowa.

Welcome...I don't know that there has been in the last couple of years.  Check out the download section for what we have

If you're in Iowa are you aware of this upcoming tournament? http://tecmobowl.org/topic/53912-bondurant-ia-072713-super-iowa-tecmo-tourney/

Welcome...I don't know that there has been in the last couple of years.  Check out the download section for what we have

If you're in Iowa are you aware of this upcoming tournament? http://tecmobowl.org/topic/53912-bondurant-ia-072713-super-iowa-tecmo-tourney/

I did see that and had a quick thought about checking it out but I havent picked up a NES controller in at least 5 years, let alone play TSB.

where do you live in iowa?  love to have you at tourney..it will be good experience to play live...always a good time, we should get around 30 people so just let me know on forums or give me an email..all information is on my website linked above.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Long time lurker.

Jaguars fan living in South Florida.

Used to get my football fix on with APF2K8 until they shut down the servers.

Can't stand the farce that is Madden (Gameplay, AI logic, distribution of player attributes, etc).

Tried to move on without a football game but that itch is too strong...

Welcome, you've come to the right place!

Thanks, hey i was wondering, how can i join up world tecmo federation? I already have everything set up, even join up AIM as well.

WTF is a little difficult to join given there is typically not a ton of turnover and a waiting list.  It's one of the best if not the best online tecmo leagues out there.

I would recommend first of all adding yourself to the waiting list.  (There are obviously other leagues out there as well)

I would also recommend signing up with the TPC and getting some games under your belt. Having a handful of game under your belt tells league admins that you have at least taken the time to figure out how to play online.

Here is a good guide for getting started if you haven't read already.

Last but not least, play some guys in TPC who also happen to be in the league that you want to join if possible.  This is a relatively small community so word of mouth travels quickly.

Good luck.

Thanks, I will look into joining tpc soon. I been looking into joining some other leagues as well. 

Though I haven't played online before so I don't know which league would be good to join up first. 

Really it's just a matter of whichever looks interesting to you.  WTF is a dynasty league.  HSTL is an original rom redraft.

The availability of spots in these leagues just depends on the day.  It's not too hard to get into leagues once you're established and you're not a jerk ;)

Also if you can't find any openings in leagues on this site, you can try TecmoWorld which has fine leagues as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, finally read through this thread.

Hi! I'm BJ! I'm not only new here, but I am new to Tecmo in general. I had every reason to have Tecmo Super Bowl on my radar, knew peripherally of TSB as a game I should be playing, etc, but never played it much till recently. I saw an article on I believe Kotaku about Tecmo Super Bowl, and I actually legitimately found this place directly thereafter and finding lots of stuff that is worth exploring for me. So I am a legitimate newbie to TSB and I'll figure out how to play well as I go.

Thankfully TSB is the kind of game I enjoy: easy to learn, difficult to master. I have played (and enjoyed) games like Blades of Steel and ESPN NFL 2K5 if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Okay, finally read through this thread.

Hi! I'm BJ! I'm not only new here, but I am new to Tecmo in general. I had every reason to have Tecmo Super Bowl on my radar, knew peripherally of TSB as a game I should be playing, etc, but never played it much till recently. I saw an article on I believe Kotaku about Tecmo Super Bowl, and I actually legitimately found this place directly thereafter and finding lots of stuff that is worth exploring for me. So I am a legitimate newbie to TSB and I'll figure out how to play well as I go.

Thankfully TSB is the kind of game I enjoy: easy to learn, difficult to master. I have played (and enjoyed) games like Blades of Steel and ESPN NFL 2K5 if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Welcome, BJ. You are sure to not be disappointed.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys new here…long time Tecmo player…the game I got thru high school with years ago. Always played with the Eagles back in the day and good ol' Randall Cunningham….

I downloaded the new version and have played almost an entire season…this is amazing. I see an updated version thru week 9 has been released that I'll have to grab next (thinking some of my Chiefs may have better ratings in that version).

Now someone please tell me there's an equally awesome version of RBI Baseball to download!