Welcome! The Official Introductions / First Post Thread

Knobbe

Whatever. I'll just have to wait another 4 years until I can get some respect around here.

8)

Maybe you can make a new tier for a 1000 post guy. I need this, man. I need a change. :wink:

This is awkward....I'm moving Tecmo Legend to 2000 posts....I can probably grandfather you in though

EDIT - with this post I become...."Tecmo Legend". 1000th post. Damn.

knobbe.org is the BEST.

I was asking do the NES and SNES versions of Tecmo Super Bowl, do they have the same rosters for there teams. And is the SNES a better version or port than the NES version.

The NES one is based on 1990 rosters, the first SNES is based on whatever year that came out, '92 maybe? I don't know, I don't play it. I know they are different, though. There is no correct answer to which is better, some people prefer NES, some prefer SNES. Most online and league play is done with TSB for the NES. There are maybe one or two SNES leagues at any given time, but dozens of active NES leagues.

Well, the SNES version is a port of the NES version with different rosters.

Personally, I think the NES version is much better. The SNES version feels extremely sluggish (different "physics"), the SNES version has shitty music, the SNES version has too many (slow) cutscreens, and overall it's just "slower" (gameplay-wise and navigating thru menus and stuff) than the NES version.

But, the SNES version does have some nice new features - like touchbacks, dbs as returners, in-game playbook changing, etc.

This is just my opinion: I have both versions on original carts and I've played both versions via emulators. For me and the 10 or so people I personally know, we will play the NES version 10/10 times. Maybe try the SNES version every once in while - just to remind us that it sucks (flame-shield: ON).

I'm in a SNES online league and I don't feel like I have the same control as when I'm playing the NES. It's like the players are running in mud.

I was asking do the NES and SNES versions of Tecmo Super Bowl, do they have the same rosters for the teams on the SNES as they do for the NES. And is the SNES a better version or port than the NES version.

You break my heart, Buck. SNES is my favorite. Better graphics, no flashing, cycle through WRs forward and back. I don't know why people complain about the music and cutscreens. I've been in NES and SNES leagues and I don't see a difference, at least not enough to be relevant.

True, it doesn't feel as fast but the difference is negligible in my opinion. it's more difficult due to better drones, but I like that I have to work for my yards instead of breaking off 90 yard runs.

But alas, I'm in a minority.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

You break my heart, Buck.

Sorry, TT - don't take it the wrong way, it's still TSB - so it ain't bad!

cycle through WRs forward and back.

:) I didn't know about that...how do you cycle backwards (what button)?

It's either the Y or X button in SNES and "the other" button in Gens.

I literally played all the SNES games for years while not realizing you could cycle backwards.

It's either the Y or X button in SNES and "the other" button in Gens.

I literally played all the SNES games for years while not realizing you could cycle backwards.

From 1991 until the middle of this past decade I didn't know you could cycle backwards through defensive player selection on NES until I saw someone else do it. If I wanted to use a DB I always cycled through by pressing the A button.

I'm in a SNES online league and I don't feel like I have the same control as when I'm playing the NES. It's like the players are running in mud.

It's the player animations. Compare the movement animations of the two games. There's something wrong with the frame syncing of the animating sprites. It's all jerky.

Welcome! I started about 15 years ago as well. You'll be amazed at all the stuff that has been modded if you're here for the first time.

Hi im Jesse and ive played TSB for about 15 years and it has stood the test of time as the greatest football game made. I'm new here and i look forward to meeting all of you.

I was wondering if the port of Tecmo Super Bowl is the nes version or is it Tecmo Bowl for arcade in the collection released for xbox called Tecmo Classic Arcade

It's Tecmo Bowl, not TSB.

It contains the less awesome version of Tecmo Bo.

Well, the SNES version is a port of the NES version with different rosters.

Personally, I think the NES version is much better. The SNES version feels extremely sluggish (different "physics"), the SNES version has shitty music, the SNES version has too many (slow) cutscreens, and overall it's just "slower" (gameplay-wise and navigating thru menus and stuff) than the NES version.

I always thought this too, until I played the SNES with NES graphics. Then it seems like everything plays just like the NES version. Maybe it's just all in my head....

^ :)

TomTupa: I always thought this too, until I played the SNES with NES graphics. Then it seems like everything plays just like the NES version. Maybe it's just all in my head....

It's the player animations. Compare the movement animations of the two games. There's something wrong with the frame syncing of the animating sprites. It's all jerky.

Hola amigo's. Been lurking and downloading for a couple weeks but wanted to officially introduce myself. I'm a HS football coach and football fanatic. Grew up loving TSB and I'm thrilled to have found this site. Oh yea, big Saints fan too, Whodat!? Been playing Buck's EOS vanilla and just found the timemachine game. Thanks to everyone for all their hard work!

Hola amigo's. Been lurking and downloading for a couple weeks but wanted to officially introduce myself. I'm a HS football coach and football fanatic. Grew up loving TSB and I'm thrilled to have found this site. Oh yea, big Saints fan too, Whodat!? Been playing Buck's EOS vanilla and just found the timemachine game. Thanks to everyone for all their hard work!

Welcome!

Great to have you on board. :)

Hello, I am also new to online Tecmo. I played a lot as a kid and also played in a league with a couple buddies in college. I pretty much forgot about Tecmo until I happened across a list of best video game football players somewhere on the internet (the guy was trying to compare 04 Madden Michael Vick to Tecmo Bo, that's not even a question if you ask me), and then I surfed my way to TPC. I play mostly in the afternoons, which I realize is a really lame time to play, but for some reason my wife expects me to spend time with her in the evenings.

Hello, I am also new to online Tecmo. I played a lot as a kid and also played in a league with a couple buddies in college. I pretty much forgot about Tecmo until I happened across a list of best video game football players somewhere on the internet (the guy was trying to compare 04 Madden Michael Vick to Tecmo Bo, that's not even a question if you ask me), and then I surfed my way to TPC. I play mostly in the afternoons, which I realize is a really lame time to play, but for some reason my wife expects me to spend time with her in the evenings.

I often find myself in the same predicament

• 3 weeks later...

Been lurking for over a year now. After seeing all the great roms here I am trying to make a rom but struggling. I would like to play online Tecmo but I suck at playing the game vs cpu. That and I live in Holland so the time zone difference would be rough too.