Welcome! The Official Introductions / First Post Thread

Knobbe

Hello,

I just discovered this site and I'm loving the passion. Tecmo Bowl for the original nintendo was the first game i ever owned and I played it constantly. Also, I use to play the arcade game with the four guys and four colors ( always chose yellow i forget his name) 

Anyway I played a version of ST15 at my friends house and loved it. Recently bought a PS4 and i'm starving to get some football action on it. Is there any way to get this on my PS4? I've plugged the site into my browser and the dl options show up, but will they work? which emulator to use? The files are safe for the PS4? 

As you can tell i'm pretty much a noob when it comes to this new fangled technology so any help is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance and it's great to be here either way!

Hey man, welcome! I am not sure if there are even emulators for the PS4, but if there are our ROMs will wrk just fine!

I'm in Loveland, which is a

suburb northeast of Cincinnati. I saw I'm about a week late on their annual tournament for my area.

They'll have it again next year and there are tourneys relatively close to the area all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Long time forum reader, first time poster. Love what you guys are doing here; its nice to see TSB still alive an kicking. I've been playing Tecmo since about '94, and still to this day its my favorite game to play. Went ahead and added myself to the map (1st from Wenatchee, WA I guess). Anyways, nice to meet you all.  :-D 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fello Tecmo'ers,

I'm a "grown up" with a career and a wife and two kids that found my old NES about 3 days ago.  That sucker still works (and I still have a tv I can hook it up to via the cable lol).  Happy I found the site and I'm looking forward to maybe playing online soon.  I have the original Tecmo Bowl but loaned out my TSB many moons ago and never got it back.  Hopeful to find another copy but ordered the TSB16 from tecmobowlers.com in the meantime.  Watching the mail like a hawk :).  I'm going to try to get the emulator working (first attempt on windows 10 gave me an error).  Again, happy to be here and look forward to meeting everyone.

~hammy

Hey fello Tecmo'ers,

I'm a "grown up" with a career and a wife and two kids that found my old NES about 3 days ago.  That sucker still works (and I still have a tv I can hook it up to via the cable lol).  Happy I found the site and I'm looking forward to maybe playing online soon.  I have the original Tecmo Bowl but loaned out my TSB many moons ago and never got it back.  Hopeful to find another copy but ordered the TSB16 from tecmobowlers.com in the meantime.  Watching the mail like a hawk :).  I'm going to try to get the emulator working (first attempt on windows 10 gave me an error).  Again, happy to be here and look forward to meeting everyone.

~hammy

Welcome and what's the error?

Hey Knobbe,

Thanks, man.  It was the D3dx9_42.dll is missing error but I downloaded the fix (found via another thread on the site).  Working now!  I'm a Steelers fan so you don't know how happy it made me to see Ben, Bell, Brown, etc. on my all time favorite game.  A slight upgrade from Brister, Hoge, and Lipps :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tecmoers, I've been a member here for couple of days.

I am a big fan of Tecmo Super Bowl games, TSB1 and TSB3 fos SNES are my favourites, followed by the NES version, and football ("American football" as we call it here in Europe) as well. I've made two updates of another member's ROM so far and want to contribute more, especially with TSB1 and TSB3 hacking stuff. You might know me from NHL94.org site and SNES hacking section.

This site rocks and I am glad to be here :-)

Edited by DominikJagr

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I'm new to this scene.  I downloaded the emulator and a few games last week.  I grew up playing Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES and I have probably played a full season with every team at least 5 times each.  I'll probably check out the NHL 94 scene as well as these two games were always my best.  Looking forward to seeing how I stack up, and just looking for some fun games.

Hey everyone, I'm new to this scene.  I downloaded the emulator and a few games last week.  I grew up playing Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES and I have probably played a full season with every team at least 5 times each.  I'll probably check out the NHL 94 scene as well as these two games were always my best.  Looking forward to seeing how I stack up, and just looking for some fun games.

Welcome. You should hit up nhl94.com for NHL action if you weren't already familiar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, my name is Paul and I'm a trucker from San Diego. As you might have guess from my username, I'm a fan of Junior Seau and the Chargers.  Man, he got jobbed on the ratings in Tecmo, right?!?  Anyways, I'm always driving up and down the West Coast, but this load has brought me in to New Orleans tonight. Saints suck!

Anyways, I think I finally got my online Tecmo program working and I'll try to play some games in TPC since that's where everyone says to get started.  I have to warn you all: I'm a pretty good player and expect to be dominating in your online leagues soon.  Hopefully my travels will take me to some of your live tournaments.

Cheers!

Hey, my name is Paul and I'm a trucker from San Diego. As you might have guess from my username, I'm a fan of Junior Seau and the Chargers.  Man, he got jobbed on the ratings in Tecmo, right?!?  Anyways, I'm always driving up and down the West Coast, but this load has brought me in to New Orleans tonight. Saints suck!

Anyways, I think I finally got my online Tecmo program working and I'll try to play some games in TPC since that's where everyone says to get started.  I have to warn you all: I'm a pretty good player and expect to be dominating in your online leagues soon.  Hopefully my travels will take me to some of your live tournaments.

Cheers!

Welcome & bring it on!

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone. My name is George and I am from Huntington, Long Island, New York. I currently own a complete copy of Tecmo Super Bowl for the SNES, and is one of my favorite games on the system. I am the Volunteers Coordinator for the Long Island Retro Gaming Expo and would like to set-up a tournament at the expo, if possible. Any input is appreciated. Also, I am curious about the Tecmo Bowl scene on Long Island, from a personal basis. Always fascinating to find out more with retro gaming. Thanks for the help and support!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

New guy post.  My name is NOT Munch but I've been known as Munch for about 22 years so that's what I go by online and in real life.  I brought my NES and TSB to college with me and would have friends come down the night before a Buckeye game just to hang out and play TSB all night.  That was my first clue that this game would never die.  In January, my brother and I are running a tournament in Midwest Ohio for a charity/service group we're a part of and I came here for advise.  All good so far.  We will have side games that I will be sure to share if they're successful. 
A few years back at our local town festivals chili cookoff, we showed up with our chili and a small TV, NES, and TSB. "Tecmo Chili Bowl" won 3rd place.  It was a hit!

Looking forward to visiting here often and talking TSB with everyone!

t2EJZnd.png

Edited by Munch

• 3 months later...

Hey all, my name is Nick. I am from the Houston area and just got into Tecmo Super Bowl in the last month. I hadn't played the game previously, but I've probably enjoyed the game more than the other football games I've played in the past. 

I've really enjoyed playing with the Oilers in TSB and have enjoyed playing as the Luv Ya Blue era Oilers from the classic seasons roms that are available on the site. 

• 2 weeks later...

Where do I start? I accidentally found your website. I had just finish watching the Family Guy episode. It was sitting in my DVR for a long time. For nostalgic purpose I googled Tecmo Bowl and the site popped up. It has been so long since I have played the game. I just remember when I called the offense play and all of the sudden the defensive player blow by my offensive lineman and he landed on the other side of the screen and I had to get rid of the ball quickly. Most of the time I was sacked.

Hope to meet you all someday.  I have so much to read.

Have fun.

7 hours ago, SF Fan2016 said:

Where do I start? I accidentally found your website. I had just finish watching the Family Guy episode. It was sitting in my DVR for a long time. For nostalgic purpose I googled Tecmo Bowl and the site popped up. It has been so long since I have played the game. I just remember when I called the offense play and all of the sudden the defensive player blow by my offensive lineman and he landed on the other side of the screen and I had to get rid of the ball quickly. Most of the time I was sacked.

Hope to meet you all someday.  I have so much to read.

Have fun.

Welcome and glad you found us! There is a lot to take in here. I would suggest reading through this guide that @Maynard_G_Krebs made first: 

From there, click this link and make this your default forum filter -http://tecmobowl.org/discover/16/ - If/when you are ready for leagues, we can refilter for you.

15YHD.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm Matt.  I have recently gotten into TSB as part of an overall NES kick. I kept my console from when I was 4 years old and have been buying up games I missed out on, including TSB or basically anything that wasnt Mario or TMNT. Historically I haven't been into pro football or sports games (a coworker gave me this nickname and I didn't know who it came from at the time) but TSB just has dat je ne sais quoi. When I played it, I just knew. Now I'm old enough with my own place & free time to watch sports on TV so I have been trying to catch up.

I lurk here a lot reading up on the game (Mort strategies and tournament vids etc)& ordered a 2017 cart so I thought I might as well register in case I feel like saying something. I'm a noob but if anyone else from the land of the Crimson Tide wants to play sometime , hit me up. I would hate to keep these carts to myself forever.

12 hours ago, Matty Ice said:

I lurk here a lot reading up on the game (Mort strategies and tournament vids etc)

Welcome...unfortunately the tournament scene down your way is pretty non-existent but there are a few regulars down in the South.

• 1 month later...

Hey Y'all. It's good to be a part of the club!!!!

I'm always looking for new people to play Tecmo with outside of the local crew of my friends and I here in Redmond, WA. It looks like I just missed the tourney in Centralia, WA a few months back but I'll make sure to look for that in the future. I've never played in a competitive or structured tournament, but I'd love to. I was well aware of the large tourney in Madison each year and would try to follow along remotely but unfortunately with work/family I was never able to make it out their. 

Here's a bit about me.....Love the competition and nostalgia that only a solid game of Super Tecmo Bowl can bring. Also a big fan of other classic NES games such as RBI Baseball, Blades of Steel, Jordan vs. Bird, Marble Madness, Off Road, R.C. Pro-AM, Tiger-Heli, Punch Out!!, Duck Hunt. I'm a HUGE Seattle Sports fan and love sports trivia. Married and have 3 kids (already introduced Tecmo). Like to spend time hunting & fishing.

I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you in person in the future.

Cheers,

SuperSonics

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.  I'm a 37 year old IT professional and aspiring game designer.  I recently got back into playing the NES and through sheer luck found this site!  I was completely blown away at the community and ROM hacks that you guys have done/built here and wanted to join up.

Anyhow, I look forward to getting to know everyone and playing some updated TSB!

23 minutes ago, lago said:

Hi everyone.  I'm a 37 year old IT professional and aspiring game designer.  I recently got back into playing the NES and through sheer luck found this site!  I was completely blown away at the community and ROM hacks that you guys have done/built here and wanted to join up.

Anyhow, I look forward to getting to know everyone and playing some updated TSB!

Welcome! Lots of hacking in these parts, enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Bowl-ers! 

My name is Jason, and I'm a Tecmo-holic. CaptHawk is my most used online gaming handle, so I went with that in case i run into a familiar "face" here. I'm from the west side of MI, so yeah, LOOOOONNNGGGG suffering Lions fan here.

Back in '14, I had grown weary of PC gaming. I felt a longing for the days of yore, and most especially for my beloved TSB! I never really got into Madden; it's okay, but it's no TSB. I decided to see if anyone had created a console themed website , and was delighted at how many sites there are where one can play old console classics in simple flash online. My original search was for TSB, and this lead me to drummer's amazing TSB 2k2 (SNES) hack. I was blown away, as it simply hadn't occurred to me that one could hack SNES. Well, the obvious then happened... if there was a 2k2.... why not a 2k14?

Back to google! And lo, onto tecmobowl.org! (Thank you, Knobbe!)

I registered, thinking I had to to play anything, and played the 2k14 TSB (NES) that the site had as a flash option. Now, nothing against  NES, but SNES has an "S" for a reason, dammit! I was a teen when TSb (NES) came out, so I literally grew up with the Tecmos. I still vividly remember the excitement of SNES/GEN coming out with TSB for their respective platforms. Touchbacks! In game play changing! KRs with Prime...Time...Prime...Time...or beast Rod "Goodbye Coverage" Woodson. At any rate, that feeling must have stuck with me ll these years, because I just can't get into NES like I do SNES Tecmo. Back in '14, I don't believe this site had done much with SNES TSB, or at least I couldn't find it. So, I stuck with 2k2 and original TSB for SNES that I could play online for when I needed that TSB fix.

Fast forward to the last month or so. I decided to revisit tecmobowl.org, as it's cool as hell what you have accomplished here, notwithstanding my SNES bias. Oh, sweet Junior Seau up in heaven! I couldn't believe all the cool ass ROMs for SNES Tecmo-ing now available! Legends, 90's, 00's, '77, '84, 15-16 and 15-16 updated, 8-bit updated...not to mention the TSBIII ROMs I haven't even touched. (I will; it's just I found TSB II and III to be a letdown when they were originally released back in the day.) So, Baron Von Lector, cowboyschamps, qbvikings and Mr.NFL... a sincere and heartfelt thank you is in order!

After my downloading spree, I returned to this site to, well, lurk a bit. Basically to see if I wanted to throw my helmet on the field, as it were: were people here cool, or no? So, I've perused the Forums quite a bit, and by virtue of this post, I hereby proclaim: y'all are cool as hell! Oh, sure, there are a couple of "my helmet is bigger than your helmet" d-bags, but i like that they get put in their place, and I even more like no-one gets banned by some pissy mod.

For now, I play on my PC using the keyboard. I might get a controller, but I don't really miss it, it didn't take long to get the feel of Tecmo on keys. I'm not sure if I'll play online or participate in tournaments, but regardless I wanted to introduce myself, give props and join the community.