Welcome! The Official Introductions / First Post Thread

Knobbe

I'm back on the scene. Kind of. Let me Tarantino this...

When I was in high school I found emulation, which naturally lead me back to Tecmo Super Bowl. I played and played and played. Then one day I stumbled across the OTFL and signed up, becoming the inaugural owner of the Patriots in their Pool 2 league. Guessing, I played easily the first 8 seasons of the OTFL P2, was called up to Pool 1 for a season or two but quit out of Pool 1 because they wanted me to give up my pool 2 team which I had built and put a lot of time into. Eventually I had to give it up for whatever reason.

Funny, I was in OTFL pool 2 and don't remember it. Some of those guys are still active.

I would imagine there is a base of players in the area. It's just a matter of someone organizing it.

Hrm. I'd be lying if I said I remember you as well. Ha. Either way, yup, I was the Pats owner for P2. Which team were you?

I meant I don't remember even being in the league. I was surprised when I went to look it up that I was on the list. I was the Raiders.

Hi everyone. I'm Dan and I live around Indianapolis, IN. I got hooked to Tecmo Bowl when I got the original as a gift when I was 9. And it continued on with TSB. I have played on and off for years but just discovered this community and all the online/in-person tournaments. Really blew my mind when I found out all this exists! Looking forward to joining in with all the fun.

• 3 weeks later...

First off, thanks to Knobbe and the admins for creating and maintaining this terrific site. The information and community found here amazes me. This is really something to be proud of. Thanks also to the hackers and ROM creators for advancing the game. TSB is great because it's easy to learn yet challenging enough to rarely get boring. Your findings and creations have opened up possibilities so much more I doubt it could ever get boring.

I found Tecmo Bowl a few years ago on the Wii after a long hiatus. I really enjoyed it (and still do) but I badly needed TSB. Many times I considered buying an NES but I couldn't justify the cost for just the one game (I have little interest in other games). Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, and after a few minutes of searching, I found this site. I was in heaven. As much I loved the idea of reviving the game on the laptop, that wasn't the best option because we have only one laptop. Then I found the post about getting TSB on the Wii. On that day, heaven got a lot better. Since then my D-pad thumb has gotten sore, the B button has been pushed to it's limits and I've yelled "Damn you, Neal Anderson!" too many times to count. I couldn't be happier.

And, of course, thanks to all the forum members for continuing to play and love this game. We will keep this game alive for a long time.

First off, thanks to Knobbe and the admins for creating and maintaining this terrific site. The information and community found here amazes me. This is really something to be proud of. Thanks also to the hackers and ROM creators for advancing the game. TSB is great because it's easy to learn yet challenging enough to rarely get boring. Your findings and creations have opened up possibilities so much more I doubt it could ever get boring.

I found Tecmo Bowl a few years ago on the Wii after a long hiatus. I really enjoyed it (and still do) but I badly needed TSB. Many times I considered buying an NES but I couldn't justify the cost for just the one game (I have little interest in other games). Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, and after a few minutes of searching, I found this site. I was in heaven. As much I loved the idea of reviving the game on the laptop, that wasn't the best option because we have only one laptop. Then I found the post about getting TSB on the Wii. On that day, heaven got a lot better. Since then my D-pad thumb has gotten sore, the B button has been pushed to it's limits and I've yelled "Damn you, Neal Anderson!" too many times to count. I couldn't be happier.

And, of course, thanks to all the forum members for continuing to play and love this game. We will keep this game alive for a long time.

Welcome, my friend!

• 2 weeks later...

Short (ish) time listener, first time caller. Because, frankly, you guys scare me with your Tecmo awesomeness. Played TSB 2015 for the first time in January. You have to understand- I'm computer illiterate. People tell me to wake up and smell the '90's like Bonnie Bedelia. So, the only version of TSB I'd ever played is OG. I'm 34. I still have my NES and cartridge from '91. I'm a bartender, so I'm not under a rock. I have 3 daughters, a college degree,and don't consider myself an idiot...but where have I been? Needless to say, when Hoyer hit my man Andy Hawkins in the seam versus Pittsburgh I came.....straight to the source of the rom.

In the last couple months I've learned a few things about this wonderful utopia of all things Tecmo, but two stand out...I fucking SUCK at Tecmo, and I've never wanted to ride in a stranger's van so much in my life. Keep up the great work. I'm so thankful that I can pack my pipe and sprinkle some Tecmo kief on it with you fine folks! Goodnight!

Short (ish) time listener, first time caller. Because, frankly, you guys scare me with your Tecmo awesomeness. Played TSB 2015 for the first time in January. You have to understand- I'm computer illiterate. People tell me to wake up and smell the '90's like Bonnie Bedelia. So, the only version of TSB I'd ever played is OG. I'm 34. I still have my NES and cartridge from '91. I'm a bartender, so I'm not under a rock. I have 3 daughters, a college degree,and don't consider myself an idiot...but where have I been? Needless to say, when Hoyer hit my man Andy Hawkins in the seam versus Pittsburgh I came.....straight to the source of the rom.

In the last couple months I've learned a few things about this wonderful utopia of all things Tecmo, but two stand out...I fucking SUCK at Tecmo, and I've never wanted to ride in a stranger's van so much in my life. Keep up the great work. I'm so thankful that I can pack my pipe and sprinkle some Tecmo kief on it with you fine folks! Goodnight!

Welcome, El Duderino 

• 1 month later...

First post -- Hello, everyone! 

Big fan of this forum and the TSB/TB community. I currently work for 2K Sports on the WWE Games series, but am a retro gamer at heart and TSB/TB are at the top of my list. I was born in Dallas and am a huge Cowboys fan. It's great to be here and meet you all!

Big fan of this forum and the TSB/TB community. I currently work for 2K Sports on the WWE Games series, but am a retro gamer at heart and TSB/TB are at the top of my list. I was born in Dallas and am a huge Cowboys fan. It's great to be here and meet you all!

Welcome to the neighborhood!

At one point, Stephen, I thought the job you have now would be like a dream job of sorts. Do you have any contact with your target audience? If so, how do you retain your sanity?

At one point, Stephen, I thought the job you have now would be like a dream job of sorts. Do you have any contact with your target audience? If so, how do you retain your sanity?

Hey man! Yeah, I regularly communicate with our target audience. I guess I've just been doing this long enough to reach a level of zen in my life, you know? WWE is a huge part of my life, but places like this and other outlets fulfill some of my other passions.

Hey man! Yeah, I regularly communicate with our target audience. I guess I've just been doing this long enough to reach a level of zen in my life, you know? WWE is a huge part of my life, but places like this and other outlets fulfill some of my other passions.

10 years ago or so I used to be neck deep in the WWE product, dating back to the early 90s. I used to write some guest editorial content for PWTorch. I've been checking in lately on the WWE product, and I have to say, it's gotten much better since the mid-2000s, so good for you for working in an era that has some momentum behind it. I spend a small share of time throwing game feedback to Mat Dickie and his indy titles these days. Anyhoo, glad to have you around, Stephen.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I recently found Tecmo Super Bowl (I am 18) and began playing it on the NES that I dug up in the attic the other day. It works...somewhat well, but we don't have a CRT and I noticed some input lag (I figured as such, it happens on the Gamecube too. Mostly noticeable with Smash Brothers).

I've played Madden for years, but never have I found a game so simple yet fantastically deep as Tecmo Super Bowl, at least, in the video game world. Board Games have many of these. 

I barely know anything about the game, about matchups, best plays, etc. I've been trying to learn as much as I can so I can get good.

Right now, I've been playing high class matchups. Me and my friends knew that LT and Bo were gods among men. We didn't know that Haddix was an interception machine (which we found out when I was dared to a T.B. vs Lions matchup. eventually my friend just gave up on passing the football. IT WAS GLORIOUS). In addition, we found out that QB Eagles is a god among men. QB Eagles has been revered above all players in my friend group because he seems to make impossible comebacks. 

Basically, I want to get good. and Play online. 

Hi all.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone good to be here.

i´ve been here for a while, and now I signed and want join.

I play TSB3 when it was released 95, and let this thing for several yyears.

A couple years ago I could play it again, and with my NFL obsession, TSB3 is my addiction.

I'll share some stuffs with you guys.

Thanx.

Awesome, man! Glad you're here!

Hey everyone, My name is Jeff Essink and I live in Altoona, IA. I have been absent from the online world of Tecmo Super Bowl until about two weeks ago when I discovered the Tecmo Madison Tournament. I played in seasons 2-4 of the OTFL and played in the first few seasons of the HSTL. I was original member if the HSTL. I have played alot of you from back in the day. Then I had kids and got out of it. Now that the kids are older, time for me to hit the ground running. I would love to play some Live games if anyone lives in the Des Moines, IA area. My AIM name back in the day was TecmoJeff if that rings a bell to anyone. Let me know if anyone from the area is ready to battle. I am planning on entering the tourney in Dubuque this year and Madison next year. Email is [email protected]

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I just discovered this site and I'm loving the passion. Tecmo Bowl for the original nintendo was the first game i ever owned and I played it constantly. Also, I use to play the arcade game with the four guys and four colors ( always chose yellow i forget his name) 

Anyway I played a version of ST15 at my friends house and loved it. Recently bought a PS4 and i'm starving to get some football action on it. Is there any way to get this on my PS4? I've plugged the site into my browser and the dl options show up, but will they work? which emulator to use? The files are safe for the PS4? 

As you can tell i'm pretty much a noob when it comes to this new fangled technology so any help is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance and it's great to be here either way!

Hey all,

I'm a huge NES fan north of Cincy. I've managed to collect over 100 games but by far TSB is my favorite. My buddies and I still obsess over the game (I'm pretty sure it's the reason why my roommate flunked out of college) but I didn't realize there was a following outside of us.

Anyway, if anyone wants to get together for some beer and tecmo, hit me up. 

Hey all,

I'm a huge NES fan north of Cincy. I've managed to collect over 100 games but by far TSB is my favorite. My buddies and I still obsess over the game (I'm pretty sure it's the reason why my roommate flunked out of college) but I didn't realize there was a following outside of us.

Anyway, if anyone wants to get together for some beer and tecmo, hit me up. 

Welcome to the mothership! Where are you located? There are tournaments all over! Beer + Tecmo!