Welcome! The Official Introductions / First Post Thread

Knobbe

Hey guys! My name is Tory and I'm from SE Minnesota. I fell in love with TSB when it first came out but never played much after my brother moved out back in '95. I over heard a few guys I work with talking about playing and said I'd love to play. They held a small tournament a few weeks ago so I went to see if I still had it. One of my old classmates was in the tournament and when my name was drawn for the backet he yelled out "the one seed" because in our younger days playing him and his friends and beating them around. I didn't let him down and swept through the tournament. This is also when I heard about the Madison tourney, and I'm really hoping to get a spot before it fills up, and possibly meeting a few of you guys in person. Glad to see such a great game still getting so much love!

Welcome, I guess I know what state you are from now!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Hank from Southwest side of Dallas better known as Oak Cliff. I've been a lurker for 2 years, and decided to let my presence known.

I first learned about TSB from my friend Mike in 5th grade and I've been playing ever since. After years of playing TSB, I went looking for a rom with updated rosters and soon discovered this community of TSB enthusiasts.

I often get weird looks or questions of why when I tell people that I prefer TSB over Madden but I never let their lack of knowledge sway my love for this game.

I'm a TSB collecter and own a number of TSB CIB and loose carts and I also own the Famicom version as well.

I hope I can participate and contribute to the continual growth of this forum and let people known that TSB is not only a great game but the greatest game.

A small sample of my collection

GEDC0239.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome, DBUF13. Get started here:

http://www.tecmoplayers.com/

Make your bones, then hop into a league at any of the following places:

http://www.tecmo.us/

http://puretecmo.com/

Anybody else having trouble with the temcoplayers homepage? I keep getting errors and eventually IE just closes my tab. It does this too me at home on my laptop and even at work on my PC.

Anybody else having trouble with the temcoplayers homepage? I keep getting errors and eventually IE just closes my tab. It does this too me at home on my laptop and even at work on my PC.

Which version of IE are you using? I didn't have any issues with IE9.

You could also try Chrome or Firefox...no issues there either.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, I wanted to throw a Tecmo Bowl tourney here in TN for my website (not sure if I'm allowed to post it's domain or not) and wondered if you all could give suggestions/tips?! Thanks in advance

Welcome. This is allowed.

We have a section for tournaments. I'd suggest reading through some of the thread of other tourneys for ideas.

http://tecmobowl.org/forum/forum/159-tecmo-tournaments/

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I caught the NFL network documentary for TSB and its reminded me how I miss my favorite game from my childhood. I tried some leagues around 10-11 years ago with a 28,800 internet connection and I could only last a season or two. I'm back to join the community and I was pleased to find that I already had an account on the forum lol. Kudos too all of you that have kept this community going strong for so long. Long live Tecmo!

Hello, My name is James and I saw the show about playing tecmo bowl on NFL network. Was interested in playing online, but find myself baffled by the emulator, installation on my pc, and all that. Is there not a step by step guide somewhere, anywhere, to help me with this? I mean, does it even really work half the time? All my friends are like: "The online emulator / league play is the biggest pile of junk we've ever seen" and it caused me to just give up trying to play it. It looked really neat on youtube, but I don't know how to make it work and neither do any of my friends. Any help? For now, my suggestion is that nobody even attempt to play online since it is a big pile of junk. Sorry, but it is... I don't want to have to take a computer class just to play a game that probably won't even work with my pc controller anyway. (leaving me pressing arrow keys and odd things on the key board that make little ergonomic sense) I'm really just coming to complain about it, because it made us all mad. Here we were promised that we were going to get to play something cool and all we wound up with was a big pile of junk on our computers and our browser changed to "bing". Who uses bing? Seriously? Is there not a legit guide to this thing? We've never used emulators, hate the download since the "read me" instructions won't open on adobe, and were pulling what's left of our hair out. It was like, the most grandiose mirage of my childhood I've ever seen on the internet. (O.K. That and a grown up "Winnie Cooper" from the Wonder Years.) The whole thing caused me to drink two beers back to back and cuss God. Now, not only am I not going to get to play it, but also I'm probably going to hell. This just after spending like $50 (U.S. / NOT CANADIAN BIEBER MONEY) on a 3 step book to changing my life by a really convincing preacher from the inspiration network. (I know, inspiration was packaged with the NFL network tier on my local service provider) I was well on my way to rediscovering my spirituality and all that. (Especially since I thought I had found TECMO again.) Then, I ran into this dream that won't come true... an updated version of online play TECMO that escapes me. I'm really crushed about it.

I think you totally get me now?

(In the next post I will explain all my health problems, surgeries, and stuff like that since I am quickly becoming an OLD PERSON WITH NO REASON TO LIVE)

(TECMO, much like beer, a good escape and reason to live.)

Anyway,

If someone has some simple instructions for NON-Geeks whom have never used an emulator and can write it on a 4th grade level... please email me. I'm serious.

[email protected]

P.S. I'd put a picture up, but I'm really looking like a sad sack, an ugly one, with these days. It's part your fault. LOL! Make my dreams of playing TECMO again come true?

Edited by jameswesbrown

Hey James,

Welcome!

First of all, make sure you download Nestopia (the emulator) and the most recent ROM straight from our site here: http://tecmobowl.org...uper-bowl-2013/

There are no additional installs or extra junk that comes with it.

Next, here is a pretty basic tutorial on Nestopia and how to use it - http://www.fantasyan...lp_nestopia.htm

Using Nestopia is really straight forward. If you have specific questions, please by all means post them and we will help you.

The included Read Me is an html file because it is interactive. Open the file with any web browser, or just double click it and your browser will open it.

it's been about 5 years since i was involved in the Tecmo Online family, but I just happened to catch the NFL Films Tecmo Super Bowl episode and it put the spark back into me. seeing Mort and Sobhi, who I remember from OTFL and the likes really touched a spot in my Tecmo heart. I'm wondering where I should go now to get re-intro-ed, I need to be spoon fed at this point. I used to be 'alright', and had several guys a season accuse me of cheating "the cursor was on one guy and he threw to another". just getting my feet wet in the forums, hope someone out there remembers me :cool:

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

Just wanted to say that my name is Josh nickname "JMorris". I have been an avid Tecmo Super Bowl fan since i was in grade school. I can't believe this site is up and available.

Once I saw the special on NFL Films, I immediately got me a Nintendo and TSB. Man I love this game. :-)

Anyway, I am looking to join any leagues available and looking forward to our tourney here in Cincinnati in July.

So feel free to hit me up for a game anytime.

JMorris :cool:

Hello! My name is Robert. I'm from Greensboro, NC.

Last night I saw somebody on my Facebook timeline celebrating their team clinching a playoff spot. I immediately went to YouTube to see if I could find the old sequence that came up on TSB at the end of the regular season when it shows the teams that won their division. Whilst enjoying my nostalgia, I saw a video that had a ESPN special on the game and I watch it in ABSOLUTE AWE. Never knew there was a competitive scene for this (as I didn't know about the fighting game scene until last year around this same time).

Tecmo Super Bowl has always been my favorite sports game of all-time. From 1991 to 2010, it was my favorite video game period until Mass Effect 2.

I'm just really excited to learn how all this works and to maybe one day just experience a Tecmo tournament for myself.

Good to be here.

robert, welcome! there was a tourney in G-boro last year, and there has been talk of a repeat at a video game store called the Lost Ark (def smaller scale and less competition than madison). i'm in chapel hill and will definitely make it out to g-boro when it happens again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've been collecting retro games for a few years now. I have pretty much every major console but spend most of my time playing NES, SNES and Genesis games.

I had some friends over for the holidays and we had a little Tecmo Bowl tournament. It rekindled my love for the game and I'm trying to get back into it.

Been looking for some good strategy guides. I found http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/tecmo-bowl-strategy.html but I was wondering if there were any other good sources or even videos.

Thanks!

Hey everybody,

I'm completely new here and I want to try this fabulous game, I'm from Strasbourg in France.

I don't know much about Football, just played some Madden games in the past...

So I have a first subjective question :

What is the best version of Tecmo Super Bowl ?

NES, Gens, or SNES version ?

I know that there is a lot of players on NES version, but I find the graphics a little retro...

My priority is the game-play, so if you say me that the NES version is the best, I will try it...

What's your point of view ?

Thanks

Hey everybody,

I'm completely new here and I want to try this fabulous game, I'm from Strasbourg in France.

I don't know much about Football, just played some Madden games in the past...

So I have a first subjective question :

What is the best version of Tecmo Super Bowl ?

NES, Gens, or SNES version ?

I know that there is a lot of players on NES version, but I find the graphics a little retro...

My priority is the game-play, so if you say me that the NES version is the best, I will try it...

What's your point of view ?

Thanks

I'd try either TSB NES or TSB III for the SNES

TSB I for the Gens/SNES is basically a port of the NES game though I prefer the Gens version.