Welcome! The Official Introductions / First Post Thread

Knobbe

If I may ask, while playing on a computer is great and all, is there a way to get ROM's on a game cart? The thought of playing a new version on an original NES cart is exciting.

Welcome! Nice signature, I'm fat, I like snacks a lot. To get a rom put on a game cart you should go to nesreproductions.

Your other option for playing on actual hardware if you want to pony up the cash (I did) is get a powerpak:

Welcome, Three! You could also do the opposite, which is purchase a NES USB adapter for a controller to give you that feel that you're playing on console. Even though you're still playing on your computer, it's a bit cheaper and can still give you that console feel.

I see you're a NY Jets fan. Are you from the NY area?

Yeah, the powerpak is pricey, but it's great for playing on the actual hardware. I opted to hook my netbook to the TV for SNES games, but for NES, I bought the PP and it has been perfect for my needs.

After looking into this, this might not be a bad away to go. I mean, I am not a rich guy but from what I understand, I can upload Tecmo ROM's onto it and play on my NES instead of paying a middle man to do it? It would be worth it in the long run because I like to play on the old gray box as much as possible. So you have no trouble playing the ROMs around here on it?

Welcome, Three! You could also do the opposite, which is purchase a NES USB adapter for a controller to give you that feel that you're playing on console. Even though you're still playing on your computer, it's a bit cheaper and can still give you that console feel.

I see you're a NY Jets fan. Are you from the NY area?

Thanks, I will also look into that because I see there are leagues and what not around here where you guys must play online. That actually sounds fun.

I am not from New York. Surprisingly, I am from Omaha, Nebraska. However, I am about as big of a Jet's fan as you can get. I never miss a game. I inherited the team through my Mom who was a big Joe Willy fan back in the day. She wrote him (after a bet with my father that he wouldn't respond) and he sent her back a letter and autographed picture which I still have to this day. As soon as I was old enough to seriously get into football, they have been my team. No second favorites or anything like that, just the Jets, for better or worse. Often worse, as the 80's Jets up to the mid 90's Jets were plain awful, and what do you know, those were the Tecmo Bowl years. My next door neighbor was my Tecmo buddy, and of course, he loved the 49ers. I can't begin to tell you how many times I got my ass kicked by him because I refused to play as anyone other than the Jets. Things have been looking up in recent years and I hope to finally see a world title, the last two AFC championship games have been nightmares for me, especially when a Jets win or loss can dictate my mood throughout the week.

Three that is one awesome signature :)

Thanks man. I have faith in Rex and his snacks.

I am not from New York. Surprisingly, I am from Omaha, Nebraska.

Hey, another Nebraska guy.

6 month warning....I'm hoping to do a tourney the week before the Super Bowl either in Lincoln again or perhaps Omaha if I can find a good location.

Yeah, I haven't had any problems with it. The only annoying part is you need a card reader of some sort...or something on your PC that reads compact flash cards (and a compact flash card to put the ROMs on, of course).

Aside from that, I get my ROMs, I put them on the card, and load it up and I'm playing on the grey box in no time. If and when you get it, let me know and I'll send you a tip on organizing the ROMs in alphabetical order and whatnot. There's also an easy way to fix ROMs with bad headers using nestopia. It's all so easy, and really impressive when you show your friends...

Plus, the guy who sells them offers a warranty for free (5 years, I think) and he's a prominent member of the NES hacking community...

Yeah, I haven't had any problems with it. The only annoying part is you need a card reader of some sort...or something on your PC that reads compact flash cards (and a compact flash card to put the ROMs on, of course).

Aside from that, I get my ROMs, I put them on the card, and load it up and I'm playing on the grey box in no time. If and when you get it, let me know and I'll send you a tip on organizing the ROMs in alphabetical order and whatnot. There's also an easy way to fix ROMs with bad headers using nestopia. It's all so easy, and really impressive when you show your friends...

Plus, the guy who sells them offers a warranty for free (5 years, I think) and he's a prominent member of the NES hacking community...

Sorry, one last question. The card and card reader are also sold on the same page, are those solid if you bought them from this page? And finally, is that all I need? No other stuff? Thanks again for your answers.

6 month warning....I'm hoping to do a tourney the week before the Super Bowl either in Lincoln again or perhaps Omaha if I can find a good location.

Wow, cool. That would be something I'd like to take part of. I will be the first to admit I am not some super expert at the game, but if it is all for fun, I'd love to get in on that.

Three that is one awesome signature :)
Welcome, 3.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Im Jesse. I've been lurker for awhile. The main reason I joined is because I love TSB but I suck really bad at the game, so yeah I thought I'd try to look for help and ask questions and what not. My histroy with TSB started like 5 years ago, One of my friends and I were working at a restaurant that had alot of dead time. After about a month or so we got kind of board so we set up a small t.v in the back and I had a hacked Wii that had a crap ton of Nes games loaded on it. We ended up playing TSB and loved it. So yeah when we were done with what we had to do we would always play Tecmo or NHL 94. Well see you guys around

I can not tell you a location in Omaha, but I would definitely be able to make it to that tourney.

I can not tell you a location in Omaha, but I would definitely be able to make it to that tourney.

Right on!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my name is NBAonChampTV and I'm glad to be here, I LOVE what's going on with these projects I make NBA custom rosters for a few games, and I have a youtube channel nbaonchamptv with my NBA2k10's World's Greatest Sartin' 5's Legends vs Present roster, I also make movesets for wwf no mercy game saves,I thank you soo much for having me and I'll try not to get on anyone's nerves, thanks peace.

Hi! I'm a huge Tecmo Fan. I can't tell you how many days, nights, weekends and winters I spent during my teenage years playing TSB on NES. I got my whole family hooked on it. I've been messing around with modding some roms and such for a while. But there's still something that's been bothering me.

Where's a good place to start if I'm looking to make a 32 team mod? I really like the 'all-in-one' editor, used to edit players, then use the 'ToolSupreme' to change up all the sim factors. But, the "All in One" has problems with using the 32 team editor. So, I was just wondering aobut what steps I should start with when trying to create a 32 team mod. What if I wanted to expand further, like make 4 division, 5 team conferences??

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!!

My brother and I used to go to my Mom's and spend the weekend, back in the early 90's. In 1991/92 we started playing Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES with my step dad and uncle. I was the Bears, my brother was the Redskins, my step dad was the Giants, and my uncle was the Rams.

We would get to her appartment on a Friday after school, then we would set up our season and begin playing. We had a blast and it became a tradition. We even tried upgrading to Tecomo Super Bowl for SNES, but our teams all sucked on the rest of the Tecmo games, so nothing quite could capture the magic of that NES game.

I was thrilled to find that people are still playing Tecmo Super Bowl, and I love that people are updating the rosters for the new seasons. Tecmo Super Bowl 2012, the one with QB Colts, does a great job of capturing that Tecmo magic and the players who are good in real life, and Tecmo good in the game, great job!

So today in 2012, I have my brother over to my house with my step dad and uncle, and we still play Tecmo, this time on the computer. But I wanted to say thanks to all who have contributed and made it possible to experience that fun all over again, almost 20 years later!

Hello everyone!!

My brother and I used to go to my Mom's and spend the weekend, back in the early 90's. In 1991/92 we started playing Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES with my step dad and uncle. I was the Bears, my brother was the Redskins, my step dad was the Giants, and my uncle was the Rams.

We would get to her appartment on a Friday after school, then we would set up our season and begin playing. We had a blast and it became a tradition. We even tried upgrading to Tecomo Super Bowl for SNES, but our teams all sucked on the rest of the Tecmo games, so nothing quite could capture the magic of that NES game.

I was thrilled to find that people are still playing Tecmo Super Bowl, and I love that people are updating the rosters for the new seasons. Tecmo Super Bowl 2012, the one with QB Colts, does a great job of capturing that Tecmo magic and the players who are good in real life, and Tecmo good in the game, great job!

So today in 2012, I have my brother over to my house with my step dad and uncle, and we still play Tecmo, this time on the computer. But I wanted to say thanks to all who have contributed and made it possible to experience that fun all over again, almost 20 years later!

Never stop running Neal!

Hello everyone!!

You can play the updated 2012 TSB on your Nintendo as well, Neal.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I am Fluffy. This name comes from my fantasy football team Fluffy Bunnies. I'm an old fan of Tecmo Bowl. I am enjoying playing some of these updated ROMs on this site.

I am interested in learning how to play other human beings online.

I signed up at Tecmo Players Circuit, but I still can't figure out how to find other players. There is a list of names with AiM icons, but everybody is offline. I tried signing up for AiM but the servers are down and I can't get an account set up.

I am a complete beginner. I'm just looking for some help getting connected and playing a game online.

Feel free to message me at [email protected] if you are interested in playing a game.

Hello. I am Fluffy. This name comes from my fantasy football team Fluffy Bunnies. I'm an old fan of Tecmo Bowl. I am enjoying playing some of these updated ROMs on this site.

I am interested in learning how to play other human beings online.

I signed up at Tecmo Players Circuit, but I still can't figure out how to find other players. There is a list of names with AiM icons, but everybody is offline. I tried signing up for AiM but the servers are down and I can't get an account set up.

I am a complete beginner. I'm just looking for some help getting connected and playing a game online.

Feel free to message me at [email protected] if you are interested in playing a game.

Welcome, dude

Not sure when you tried but morning = rough

Look for the following on AIM as they are more likely to help you get started

swampc1

tecmomig

shinybehiny2477

GoNickMontana5

tecmodell42

daboy8821

baxterbear12

cubsfan5150

arncoem

Kamphuna8

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow Tecmo Lovers!

I have no idea how i ran across this page last night, but glad i did. I have MAME and downloaded my favorites, donkey kong, zaxxon etc and have tecmo for it, so i'm not completely new to ROM's, however this site takes it to a whole new level.

Just like everyone else, Tecmo had a place in my life for many years, i might be the minority here, but i did prefer the sega version over the Nintendo version (but loved that immensely as it started it all) If i could find a Tecmo 2012 for the sega version, i would be immensely happy, but trust me. I am more than happy with what i have downloaded so far. Played my first game of 2012 on nestopia, and look forward to the college version (i just downloaded).

I wish i could help out on these ROm's, but i'm not that computer savy. But i must say the people who have spent all those hours so people like myself and others play this are talented and very much appreciated. Its amazing on the internet what you will find, again not sure how i found this, but so glad i did.

Thanks to the people on this site, the creators of the site, the roms, the emulators everything!

Thanks

Scott

Hello fellow Tecmo Lovers!

I have no idea how i ran across this page last night, but glad i did. I have MAME and downloaded my favorites, donkey kong, zaxxon etc and have tecmo for it, so i'm not completely new to ROM's, however this site takes it to a whole new level.

Just like everyone else, Tecmo had a place in my life for many years, i might be the minority here, but i did prefer the sega version over the Nintendo version (but loved that immensely as it started it all) If i could find a Tecmo 2012 for the sega version, i would be immensely happy, but trust me. I am more than happy with what i have downloaded so far. Played my first game of 2012 on nestopia, and look forward to the college version (i just downloaded).

I wish i could help out on these ROm's, but i'm not that computer savy. But i must say the people who have spent all those hours so people like myself and others play this are talented and very much appreciated. Its amazing on the internet what you will find, again not sure how i found this, but so glad i did.

Thanks to the people on this site, the creators of the site, the roms, the emulators everything!

Thanks

Scott

Scott,

I know the hacker-supremes appreciate it. They do it for the love of TSB!

Welcome to the forums and join in on the discussion!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All. My name is Eric (MaxKoRn13). I've been an outsider looking in, Now I've decide to join this fine community. I have been playing Tecmo Super Bowl since I was six years old, I got it for Christmas way back in 1991. Love all the roms, would like to say thank you to all the people who have put lot of hard work at keeping the spirit of this game alive. "BO KNOWS TECMO"

Edited by MaxKoRn13

• 1 month later...

Hey all, sure, I'll be happy to introduce myself. Name's Erik, aka Butt Douglas, aka Douglas Butt's archnemesis, and I'm actually newer to Tecmo than most. I played the SNES version since mid-90s, never thinking a previous version could be better. In 2007 I found out I was wrong. Now I mostly watch others play to catch up, as well as acquainting myself with the legends by painstakingly watching COM/COM games and writing about them at