Welcome! The Official Introductions / First Post Thread

Knobbe

• 2 weeks later...

The original Tecmo with 12 teams? Welcome aboard. We have an original Tecmo league currently in week 7, as well as plenty of leagues of different styles for other versions, so you should be able to find something that strikes your fancy. Welcome, and if you have any questions, let us know!

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Never did this but Im addicted to this game. Have been since I was 5 years old....watching my older family members play. I used the Falcon back then and I was a user beast with Primetime. But i wish yall had tournaments in FLA. I would love that. I acctually have access to a small (well not really small) civic center thats free if you all ever decided to have one down here.

• 1 month later...

Hi my name is Paul I'm 31 I'm married and have a 20 month old son.I'm from ct but have lived in charlotte nc for the past 20 years.I'm a long time Arizona cardinals fan.I started liking them as a kid back in 88 or so mainly cuz no one else liked them lol.I play madden online on xbox but have been playing tsb since it came out and mainly play it on my phone now.I love throwing bombs to ernie Jones from timm rosenbach lol.BTW john skelton will take us back to the superbowl! Love this site and all the updated roms!this is a Tecmo dream come true!

Afternoon gang,

Looooooooooong time lurker/downloader, first time poster.

My story is probably not unfamiliar to most and after 20 plus years of devotion, like many TSB fans, I could regale the forum for hours with tales and highlights from a long and beloved "career". I will spare you all for now.

Thanks for all that you guys have done in the name of the best sports title ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm new here.

I just started looking around the site, and it's a little overwhelming!

I'm just looking to find a good emulator and Tecmo II ROM...I played the SNES edition; it was the most challenging and I loved the trade feature and multiple seasons.

The new edited ROMS that I read about look very impressive!

Hello all,

I'm new here.

I just started looking around the site, and it's a little overwhelming!

I'm just looking to find a good emulator and Tecmo II ROM...I played the SNES edition; it was the most challenging and I loved the trade feature and multiple seasons.

The new edited ROMS that I read about look very impressive!

Welcome

Considering there is not really an editor for it, TSB II customized roms are pretty rare

There has been some fairly major TSB III edits though

Thank you!

I'd actually be happy to just play Tecmo II for the SNES even without a modded ROM.

What is the best emulator for that ROM?

Years ago, I tried playing a Tecmo ROM, but I couldn't get the directional controls to work...my players only ran straight up, left, right, or down...I couldn't get the in-between directions to work.

I'm not too sharp when it comes to emulators and ROMS, as you can tell.

:lol:

Thank you!

I'd actually be happy to just play Tecmo II for the SNES even without a modded ROM.

What is the best emulator for that ROM?

Years ago, I tried playing a Tecmo ROM, but I couldn't get the directional controls to work...my players only ran straight up, left, right, or down...I couldn't get the in-between directions to work.

I'm not too sharp when it comes to emulators and ROMS, as you can tell.

:lol:

It's all good...i'm not that sharp at having an obvious place for you to find the best emulator.

ZSNES is the best emulator....it will map to any joystick that Windows supports or else your keyboard

Thank you, Knobbe!

I downloaded a Tecmo II Rom from another site, and the emulator from your link.

It's pretty wild to play Tecmo II after all this time...I logged in many hours on the original cart as a kid , and I always found that version to be the best challenge. I love the trade feature in that game. It's far from perfect, but it makes the very short-lived off season interesting.

Thank you, Knobbe!

I downloaded a Tecmo II Rom from another site, and the emulator from your link.

It's pretty wild to play Tecmo II after all this time...I logged in many hours on the original cart as a kid , and I always found that version to be the best challenge. I love the trade feature in that game. It's far from perfect, but it makes the very short-lived off season interesting.

Have you ever played TSB III?

The play is very TSB II like but I think it's a little bit smoother.

Not only do you get to trade players, but you can make your own and unlocked the All Time greats by winning the Super Bowl 3 times!

Ah, yes, I'm glad you brought that up!

I played a lot of Tecmo III back in the day...but I never lost!

I won the Super Bowl with the Panthers and Jags, and they were expansion teams that year.

I was really good at that game against the AI. With Tecmo II, the AI puts up a great fight...I just lost in Week 4 on Tecmo II, against the Vikings using the Dolphins. Granted, I am rusty, but the AI in Tecmo II is tight!

And while I'm here, is there a mod that uses trades, free agents, or multiple seasons?

I bought Throwback on XBox Live, and was very disappointed that they did not add a Franchise Mode.

Not yet but you might find this post about "Project 84" to be interesting

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my name is Chris, I'm from Arkansas and I'm addicted to Tecmo Super Bowl.

I've played this game since I was a kid and I'm only 20, so I'm possibly a little bit older or

younger than this game. My username shows my favorite team and player on TSB and

I've only returned two INTs for TDs with the great Wayne Haddix. I'm looking foward to

downloading MrNFL's 2010 SNES ROM all because I watched the greatest teams season

and the multiple SNES renditions of real-life NFL plays.

Once again, I'm Chris from Arkansas and I'm addicted to TSB.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks, just stopping in to introduce myself. Been playing TSB since it's inception and while I've moved on to other consoles, I'm still an NES guy at heart.

I'm a Bears fan although I really wouldn't use them too much in Tecmo. Philly, SD and Det are my teams of choice.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got off the n00b boat. Excellent site, I have the same backstory as probably most everyone here. 80's kid, who would go over to friends house and play Tecmo Bowl into the wee hours of the morning. I just found out that current editions of the game are still being made and was lead here. That is awesome. I am hounded today because I won't play Madden or any of the new games and still play the Tecmo Bowls for the NES and SNES. It is so good to know that I can finally play something new. If I may ask, while playing on a computer is great and all, is there a way to get ROM's on a game cart? The thought of playing a new version on an original NES cart is exciting.

If I may ask, while playing on a computer is great and all, is there a way to get ROM's on a game cart? The thought of playing a new version on an original NES cart is exciting.

Welcome! Nice signature, I'm fat, I like snacks a lot. To get a rom put on a game cart you should go to nesreproductions.