Juice Helper Spreadsheet

TecmoTurd

Since there have been several questions by people about juicing the game, I whipped up a little helper spreadsheet for making this a bit easier.

A little juice background:

First take your wins minus losses and that gives you your juice value

A record of 3-2 = 1

A record of 16-0 = 16

etc

For each of those juice values (1 to 17), there are 5 numbers that represent the boost amount in that category. The categories are as follows:

Defensive Speed, Offensive Speed, Interception, Pass Control, Reception

• Defensive Speed boosts RS, RP, and MS.
  • Offensive Speed boosts RS, RP, AND MS once the computer take control command is executed. Or basically when the com becomes a ball carrier after the predefined actions have been run.  It doesn't boost these attributes for all players.

The original game started at week 1/preseason with: 00 01 00 00 00, and maxed out at 03 04 06 09 09. To make the game play original max juiced, you'd make every juice value be 03 04 06 09 09 instead of progressively gaining more juice as your win differential rises. If you're a real weirdo, you could even unjuice it by making it be 00 01 00 00 00

Now, instead of doing this by hand, I've created a very simple excel spreadsheet that allows you to enter the values in a nice little table, and provides you the TSB Tool Set Patch.

1.) Download TSBTool Supreme (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12655)

2.) Note that this requires .NET (Vista/Win 7 come with this, otherwise you can download it here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... 5setup.exe)

3.) Now, open the spreadsheet, enter your desired juice values, and it will generate the SET patch for SNES and NES

4.) Copy the desired set patch

5.) Open TSBTool, and in the blank window, paste the copied text

6.) Hit "apply to rom" and select your ROM.

Please note that these numbers should be entered into the juice helper in hexadecimal, so if you want to go higher than the original max juice (up to xFF or 255 for each category), you can, but enter them in hex. For example, to go one level higher than original juice, you'd type:

04 05 07 0A 0A

Here's a good hex conversion website for non-hex people:

http://www.statman.info/conversions/hexadecimal.html

My other advice to noobs is that when applying hacks, keep a backup copy of your ROM. Trust me. It's better this way, cause at some point, you will break your ROM.

Voila, you're done! Hope this clears up some confusion and makes customizing your juice a little easier...

Juice Helper.xls

Glad to help. The easier this stuff is to find, the more enjoyable experience hackers, new visitors, etc will have...I know I have to search for TSBToolSupreme download thread and NES juice location all the effin' time, now I won't have to 8O

Also, re-download the file if you downloaded it before, the SNES code wasn't working right and I uploaded the fixed version...

• 2 months later...

4.) Copy the desired set patch

5.) Open TSBTool, and in the blank window, paste the copied text

6.) Hit "apply to rom" and select your ROM.

Sorry, noob question here, you mean cut and past the excel box in Row 21 and Column B after we make our edits. We paste just that box of info in the TSBTool?

Hope this clears up some confusion and makes customizing your juice a little easier...

Wow, this will make everything so much easier! I hope other teachers in this forum will be as clear in their postings.

• 9 years later...

If I was trying to make full juice apply to all teams in the playoffs, what would be the most achievable method?  Mod the game before the playoffs to set all juice values to max?  Is there any pointer from playoff games to juice levels  or is it only the season record (what you see on the NFL standings screen that affects it)?