NCAA 2010 TSB3 ROM...Fixed some color issues with menus

hurricane55

We posted this in another area, didn't see this section til now... ME and Drunken_honkey have finished what we believe to be a good foundation for future TSB3 NCaa ROms... Let us know what you think. This is our first hack ever. This website HAS A GREAT COMMUNITY, ALOT OF PEOPLE HELPING EACH OTHER...nohaters!!!! That's Awesome...

The beta posted here does not have any playbook edits yet. We hope to post a new beta here shortly. We are posting screenshots of what the playbook formations are looking like. Thanks and keep an eye out for the next beta.

you can find the new ROM on my signature!!!!!

TECMO NCAA BCS 2010 BETA 2.zip

So Hurricane55 challenge me to find the play select graphics for playbooks. I'm excited to announce that we need only a few more things to have completely hacked the playbooks for TSB3!!!! I have found the graphics mapping for play select and we will be creating new plays here shortly. So enjoy the beta we posted here, because when we post the new beta, the game will never be the same! Think more Shotgun passes, no T form, less 2TE formations, bubblescreens....etc. This was a huge breakthru for us and we now ya'll will be blown away with what's next! Hook 'Em!!! Whatcha know 'bout them Texas Boys!!!

yeah i know....maybe they are overated in real life...JK....didn't really tweak the sim values because i couldn't get it even close to normal when i did it. will be adressing that issue. the abilities are better, so we use the gameday(com vs Com) and use the speed up feature for zsnes emulator. that seems to be better....the olines for the top teams are better, so there are more rushed throws and popcorning on the lower 10 teams. we are aggresively attacking th playbook and i think everyone will be pleased. Wild cat is not out of the question, just really trying to get a base playbook system in place first. Thanks to Bruddog for his NES Hackers Guide Book for NES Tecmo Bowl Ver 2.0....

it has givin me alot of clues on what to search for in the hex and has paid off. Also want to give credit to a couple of programs, need to research who created them...they are awesome

So here it goes....

Thank You for Tiled 2002, TilePro--Tile editors, SNESPal--pallete editor--,Cygnus Hex Editor,snesedit---hex editors,Knobbe.org for having this site, tecmo_turd,Elway,Rod Woodson,slim_jimmy(your 2002 NCAA JGgames edit for NES inspired us),music reloaded(you kept us from forgetting how improtant the FUTURE is..JK)....DRUNKEN_HONKEY...and TECMO for creating the great TECMO FOOTBALL...the starting of all console football wars... If i forgot anybody, i'll let Drunken finsih it.

El rey,

Let us know if you come across stat issues as well....we had a couple, but we think it was from speeding up. want to see if it is the same players or random thing. anyone who gives feed back is helping to create the perfect ncaa game.

The "U" Knows Swagger....but not a bowl win...that sux ahhhss. 8O

playbook almost completely hacked. Have a rough version of wildcat running. Just had the break through with Drunken_Honkey, wanted to share the status. We may be able to add a classic college play as well, through accident of course. Anyone want to guess? Will still need to find the defense play AI. The "U" Knows Swagger

El rey,

Let us know if you come across stat issues as well....we had a couple, but we think it was from speeding up. want to see if it is the same players or random thing. anyone who gives feed back is helping to create the perfect ncaa game.

The "U" Knows Swagger....but not a bowl win...that sux ahhhss. 8O

I will work on getting you stat infor for the teams then I will work on the stats for individual players. Sorry my computer was down and I could not respond sooner. With these stats, I hope that it will help create a perfect and accurate ncaa game.

when we say issues, we mean a player with a 300 sack game, 1000yd passing game. We watched Pitt play another team in season, nothing unusual until the final stat screen there DL1 had like 907 sacks for the game. Hasn't happened every game, maybe just a hex anomally.

i LOVE this finnally a NCAA rom for TSB3.......my thoughts, first who ever did the mini logos, GREAT job, teams like ole miss, North Carolina, and Kansas, in piticular.......but there is a few teams that had better seasons, that are not included, just my idea here but this set-up might be a better fit:

Big 10:

Ohio St.

Penn St.

Iowa(in place of mich)

Northwestern(in place of TCU)

Wisconsin or Minnesota(in place of Bosie St.)

Big East:

West Virgina

Cincy

Pitt

South Florida

Rutgers or Temple(in place of ND)

ACC:

Georgia Tech

Virgina Tech

Miami

North Carolina

Clemson or East Carolina(in place of FSU)

Big 12:

Texas

Nebraska

Oklahoma St.

TCU(in place of Kansas)

BYU(in place of Oklahoma)

SEC:

Florida

Alabama

Ole Miss

LSU

Tennessee or Troy(in place of Georgia)

PAC 10:

USC

Oregon

Bosie St.(in place of UCLA)

Oregon St.(in place of Utah)

Arizona(in place of Cal)

just again, my thoughts, and idk how to do the grapics on this game, so idk how to make that happen, but if somebody wants to run with this idea, go for it

Yeah the teams that made it on this rom where kind of selected 10 months ago. We went with what we thought would be good. For sure now that the teams are set it'll be much easier to move and replace teams. We will look again at the preseason polls for next year and make adjustments for the next rom. The final teams weren't the original teams to begin with. We had Rutgers, East Carolina, Texas A&M and BYU but mid way thru the season some of them were falling off and some new teams were doing better. We had to make a cut off in order to work on other stuff, so we just stuck with what we had. LOL. And we felt that having a College Football Rom without Michigan just didn't feel right at least for the first Rom. Now we can focus on putting the best teams on there. So just keep an eye out so you can try and sway us for the next rom. For now were working the playbooks...

here are some screen shots of the wild cat and wing in action. we have 20 run plays done in the college play book. Also changing the artwork for plays in select menu. trying to give it a more football feel. The old play graphics just didn't look like football(IMO). Drunken has a great eye for the colors as well as detail....I wanted easier tiling for plays, but he likes details. He convinced me we can't start half a$$ing it now:) He has started to break down the defenses......we are close to the last find on plays....Still no fn endzones, weather for each team, or stadium assignments.

post-7960-13413725709064_thumb.jpg

post-7960-13413725711481_thumb.jpg

Great job on this guys. I'm a Georgia Tech fan myself so this is looking really cool. Is the wing formation included in the beta version that's posted, I can't seem to find it. Also, is there a way to name the rosters instead of QB #9 ?

Great work on these, thanks so much.

Unfortunately no, but as soon as we complete the playbook over haul, we'll message you with a personal copy. And chose no names for a more collegiate feel. College football is more about the team than the individuals....They cycle every three to four years, but the colors stay true forever.

P.S.We owned ya'll this year:) The 'U' Knows Swagger.

By the way welcome to Tecmo World. Me and my Bro. Drunken_honkey happened onto this site a year ago, it has been awesome. We started knowing nothing, but hav learned alot. We kept hearing how TSB3 sucked, wasn't set up to be hacked easily, didn't play like TSB.....so we bucked up and showed what teamwork and dedication to College football could do. We like the details we can get with TSB3. The Wing is also a fun formation to screw with. Right now we sim a game to see if the offense can run it, and it's fun trying to guess sweep, HB dive, Qb keeper, Pa pass. Rarely can guess it. Actually watched Ga tech CPU march a 9 play 85 yard drive on Nebraska CPU(best DT tandum on game) using only the Wing formation. The wildcat is also looking good as well. Bubble screens for those Texas fans(cought,cough Drunken) is on our hit list next. We are hoping the better veteran programmers can hack TSB3 into a 32 team ROM. We want to do a NFL ROM, but would love to have 2 more NCAA teams as well.

Thanks a lot, it's good to be here. This is all new to me, this is completely insane. I never knew all of this stuff was out there. I just got some emulators today and have been having a blast. I'm a college fan first and foremost so I've been playing with the NCAA roms on this site. I downloaded one for NES in one of the other forums and it's amazing. You guys rock.

Let me know if you need an information gofer regarding rosters, stats, etc. I love doing that stuff.

How hard is it to learn how to hack into these and do what you guys are doing? I would love to learn. I'd like to do a Tecmo NBA Basketball (SNES) to College Hoops, I think that would be fun.

Thanks a lot, it's good to be here. This is all new to me, this is completely insane. I never knew all of this stuff was out there. I just got some emulators today and have been having a blast. I'm a college fan first and foremost so I've been playing with the NCAA roms on this site. I downloaded one for NES in one of the other forums and it's amazing. You guys rock.

Let me know if you need an information gofer regarding rosters, stats, etc. I love doing that stuff.

How hard is it to learn how to hack into these and do what you guys are doing? I would love to learn. I'd like to do a Tecmo NBA Basketball (SNES) to College Hoops, I think that would be fun.

are u saying u like doing rosters, cause if so i 'm slowly wokring on something thats gonna blow the mind of the TSB NCAA communtiy, i think, but its only for NES, if interested, let me know, i also need a graphics person for that if anybody know how to do that, cause i have tried and i cant