Madison's 6th Annual 88-man Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

holzy11

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI guys, I'm am just terrible at Tecmo these days. Josh & Chet outscored me 45-7 in two games. Peter (moonwalk) dominated me. It's going to be a sad tournament for me.

In other news, I received word that Gary has bailed? What's the deal, Gary? Another bail for a tournament? You're like me and hanging out with the Milwaukee crew for tune-ups.

I'm not sure why he stopped playing online. I'll have to ask him next time I see him. Apparently, he's not going to Milwaukee this weekend with us, so I can't ask him...

Are you still coming? Just to let you know, you have 24 hours to bail out on us.

I'm ordering the T-shirts sometime tomorrow, so if anyone still wants one let me know.

Here's the list of people I have orders from:

Matt Knobbe

Eric Reptiz

Beau Liegeois

Kevin Miller

Rob Bissen

Tom Stahnke

Ryan Fulcher

Peter Kerins

J Schuk

J Tecmo

Dave Niebuhr

Ryan Rozy

Jacob Kraus

Eric O'Dell

Bryan Johnson

Joe Joyce

Mort and bro

Cory Johnson

Erin Holte

Lane Ahrens

Eric Rollinger

Josh

Chet

Adam

Rickster

If you placed an order and your name isn't on the list, shoot me an email at [email protected]

I will make a few extra shirts and bring them to the tournament. It's $6 if you ordered them before hand, $8 if you are hoping to grab one while at the tournament.

So everyone up there is only paying $6. I'm charging $8 for the others to offset the cost of the extra shirts that probably won't sell.

Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or anything.

For those who don't know, the title of this year's tourney is "He Went to Jerry." It's a play-on-words of Jared Jewelry's shameless ad campaign to trick us into buying jewely for our significant others -- "he went to Jared." Those coming to the tournament will notice a Jerry Rice theme this year (sometimes subtle, sometimes blatant).

We're also considering names for next year's tournament. The best three we've got so far are:

(1) (Sterling) Sharpe Dressed Man

(2) Return of the (Kevin) Mack

(3) What if ROD was one of us?

I won't bias the crowd by revealing who came up with which titles.

For those who don't know, the title of this year's tourney is "He Went to Jerry." It's a play-on-words of Jared Jewelry's shameless ad campaign to trick us into buying jewely for our significant others -- "he went to Jared." Those coming to the tournament will notice a Jerry Rice theme this year (sometimes subtle, sometimes blatant).

We're also considering names for next year's tournament. The best three we've got so far are:

(1) (Sterling) Sharpe Dressed Man

(2) Return of the (Kevin) Mack

(3) What if ROD was one of us?

I won't bias the crowd by revealing who came up with which titles.

I can't vote for #3 because I don't like that song. I can just picture Rod singing to himself the entire time. In fact, its stuck in my head right now. I hate you Josh.

Return of the Mack is a great song, but is more of a breakup/revenge song than a fired up badass song, so I'm going to not vote for that.

Sharpe Dressed Man...now thats a song and tournament name. I'm sure ZZ Top is free to come to the tournament to play the song in a cool looking opening ceremony.

Also, since I forgot...3 days, 23 hours, 10 minutes until kickoff.

2 days, 23 hours, 14 minutes to kickoff.

If you haven't already completed at least one pre-tournament warm-up you just don't know the level of comp at this tournament. Going through OTAs, Mini-camps, and Training Camp is almost a requirement at this point. Scouting opponents, getting in a quick thumb workout, doing HGH or some other steroid...these are the things that separate champions from the rest of us. The pressure is building, be prepared.

I know it's been touched upon a couple times but I don't see any "final" answer.... Will there be online postings of results for this via twitter or message board, etc? If so, where?..... Round-by-round coverage/updates etc?

I plan on broadcasting the final game.

Possibly I will broadcast all day from the "championship" tv.

Really it comes down to bandwidth.

Worst case scenario will be that the final game is recorded and upped to youtube at a later date.

I know it's been touched upon a couple times but I don't see any "final" answer.... Will there be online postings of results for this via twitter or message board, etc? If so, where?..... Round-by-round coverage/updates etc?

I'll send Twitter updates so people can track how I do.

@FloFanclub

I'll be posting stuff about how I do for sure, and try and keep everyone updated on some of the more exciting happenings. I will be hanging out with buddies, and drinking, so let's see how coherent and entertaining I can keep it.

I'm just trying to give the people what they want: more Flo.